2012 Brazilian GP - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
adam2003

Tyre compound 2012:
Medium / Hard

GRID | TOP TEN | 2011
1 S Vettel Red Bull 1:11.918
2 M Webber Red Bull
3 J Button McLaren
4 L Hamilton McLaren
5 F Alonso Ferrari
6 N Rosberg Mercedes
7 F Massa
Ferrari
8 A Sutil Force India
9 B Senna
Renault
10 M Schumacher Mercedes

RESULT | TOP TEN | 2011
1 M Webber Red Bull 1:32:17.4
2 S Vettel Red Bull
3 J Button McLaren
4 F Alonso Ferrari
5 F Massa Ferrari
6 A Sutil Force India
7 N Rosberg Mercedes
8 P di Resta Force India
9 K Kobayashi Sauber
10 V Petrov Renault

FASTEST LAP | 2011

M Webber Red Bull 1:15:324
LAP RECORD [2004]
J P Montoya Williams 1:11.473

PREVIOUS POLE POSITIONS
2010 N Hulkenberg Williams 1:14.470
2009 R Barrichello Brawn GP 1:19.576
2008 F Massa Ferrari 1:12.368

PREVIOUS WINNERS
2010 S Vettel Red Bull 1:33:11.8
2009 M Webber Red Bull 1:32:23.0
2008 F Massa Ferrari 1:34:11.4

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq4OK1lvUA8[/youtube]

Richard

Re: Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos - Sao Paulo 2012

Way too early!

Thread locked. To be honest I normally delete posts when people jump the gun (well the chequered flag of the previous race) but I can see you put in a lot of effort so I'll leave this for posterity.

FW17

What the hell! They made a parking lot of the senna s

mx_tifoso

Re: 2012 Brazilian GP - Interlagos

The other Brazilian GP thread was also locked because it's too early, only after the US GP will this discussion be reopened, although both locked threads will be merged.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

JimClarkFan

If it rains I've got Alonso for this, I have no idea where Vettel is going to come.

It will be interesting to see how Vettel handles the pressure in Brazil, he has never went into a final race in the lead!

Also Vettel is on his last engine, and they have that alternator problem still lingering.... looking forward to this.

godlameroso

It very well could rain, remember the seasons are reversed in the southern hemisphere. Either way the Ferrari is predicted to be very fast in Brazil. For Alonso to win the WDC he has to win the race and Vettel must finish 6th or lower I believe.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

So with the finale, here are the standings

New points
Vettel - 273
Alonso - 260

13 points. 13 points in it. Alonso must outscore Vettel by 14 points. In the event that they end up even stevens on score - then Vettel wins the title because of winning more races.

In order for Alonso to be the 2012 champion, Alonso MUST FINISH ON THE PODIUM, and Vettel MUST FINISH OUTSIDE OF THE TOP 4

Vettel will be champion if:
- Vettel finishes in the top 4
- Vettel finishes P5-P7, Alonso finishes P2 or lower
- Vettel P8-P9, Alonso finishes P3 or lower
- Vettel finishes P10/DNFs, Alonso off the podium

Alonso will be champion if:
- Alonso wins, Vettel finishes P5 or lower
- Alonso P2, Vettel finishes P8 or lower
- Alonso P3, Vettel finishes P10 or lower
- If Alonso is off the podium, he CANNOT be champion.

==============================================================================

(I did the old money calculations just for the hell of it)
Old points
Vettel – 112
Alonso – 106

Same rules apply as above (if they end up same score, then Vettel becomes champion). Interestingly in old money Vettel is a lot closer to the title.

In OLD MONEY, in order for Alonso to be the 2012 champion, Alonso MUST FINISH IN THE TOP 2, and Vettel MUST FINISH OUTSIDE OF THE TOP 5

Vettel will be champion if:
- Vettel finishes in the top 5
- Vettel finishes P6-P7, Alonso finishes P2 or lower
- Vettel finishes P8 or lower, Alonso finishes P3 or lower

Alonso will be champion if:
- Alonso wins, Vettel finshes P6 or lower
- Alonso finishes P2, Vettel finishes P8 or lower
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Haru

heavy rain and mass distruction could bring Alonso the tile...

Gerhard Berger

JimClarkFan wrote:If it rains I've got Alonso for this, I have no idea where Vettel is going to come.

It will be interesting to see how Vettel handles the pressure in Brazil, he has never went into a final race in the lead!

Also Vettel is on his last engine, and they have that alternator problem still lingering.... looking forward to this.
Don't understand why Ferrari are confident for Interlagos. The twisty in-field section requires very good traction. We've also got the same hard and medium tyres which they may struggle to get up to temp for qualifying. Red Bull should be very strong here as they were the last 2 years.

Sure it may rain, which would help Ferrari, but Red Bull were also strong in the rain earlier in the season and Vettel only needs 4th...

astracrazy

for me now its 50/50

i know theres 14 points, but anything can happen in 1 gp. If it rains, its going to be the perfect end to this season

i've just got that feeling alonso might do it. He just seems to of kept himself in it since the summer break, he gets on the podium when it seems impossible. It just seems Alonso has got the luck that could come of age in Brazil

JimClarkFan

Gerhard Berger wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:If it rains I've got Alonso for this, I have no idea where Vettel is going to come.

Don't understand why Ferrari are confident for Interlagos. The twisty in-field section requires very good traction. We've also got the same hard and medium tyres which they may struggle to get up to temp for qualifying. Red Bull should be very strong here as they were the last 2 years.

Sure it may rain, which would help Ferrari, but Red Bull were also strong in the rain earlier in the season and Vettel only needs 4th...
I think Alonso can only win if it rains. I agree I don't think Ferrari will be especially fast, I think they will be faster but they will not suddenly be the fastest car in quali, that will be Red Bull and Macca. They might leap frog Macca or Red Bull on race pace though.

stefan_

I am missing the relevance of the old style points calculation and it might confuse some people. Thanks for doing the math though.

Vettel has 75% of the title in the bag. If Alonso wins it would be because of some odd situation happening, a DNF or something like that.
Frankly, I think Alonso deserves the title - his team doesn't.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

McMrocks

Medium and Hard is probably bad for Ferrari. Ferrari will maybe struggle to get the tyres work. With Soft or Super Soft they will have the better chances to win, because their car saves the tyres better.

Pirelli is very conservative in the last races... :roll:

siskue2005

60 % chance for rain on snday

raymondu999

siskue2005 wrote:60 % chance for rain on snday
Interlagos? Too far to call.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法