Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KATO

Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

Mercedes F1 2013.. Off you go-!!
Last edited by Richard on 08 Dec 2012, 16:13, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Updated to offical FIA name
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

Nando

Re: Mercedes F1 Team 2013

I just have no idea what to expect from Mercedes..
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

elf341

Until they can increase their pace of development and testing, they will not be able to race at the front. We all thought they had changed their methodology at the Magny Cours test, but we saw almost nothing at the last few races.
They really could take a leaf out of Ferrari's book here, you'd think it would come naturally given the Ferrari heritage in this team.

elf341

Also, isn't the team called "Mercedes AMG", not "Mercedes F1"?

raymondu999

Yes - but I'm quite sure everyone knows who we're referring to despite the title :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard

elf341 wrote:Also, isn't the team called "Mercedes AMG", not "Mercedes F1"?
The FIA entry list states "Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team"

I've updated the thread title. I was also expecting to see AMG in the name.

kris

Re: Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team 2013

Do we expect to see any personnel changes in 2013 (recruitments/retirements/redundencies)?
Can we expect to see more of the trioka track side in 2013?

RobS

Do we think it is a possibility that the team basically gave up on 2012 and diverted all engineering works towards the 2013 car, hence the lack of updates during races?

Or with limited testing we have is putting early 2013 parts on the car during a race weekend the done thing these days?

Vasconia

Brawn expects to have a race winning car for Hamilton, but also he has mentioned that they have " a long way to do". Fourth year and once again the same comments from the team. :roll:

I expect to see the same, fast car in the winter tests and then some time to "understand the tyries of 2013". :mrgreen:

diego1960

Just don't get your hopes high. I know I won't, certainly not after 3 whole seasons of lame excuses and PR talk from Ross and Norby. This time I hope actions speak and not words.

For the moment however, taking in mind how disappointing 2012 was, we should hope to be above Torro Rosso, FI and Caterham and from then build on to something better. Especially if the rules are the same, I expect cars to be evolved versions of ther 2012 predecessors, so Mercedes starts one step behind (yet again).

What I fear most however is that Lewis is slowly starting to realize his mistake. If the project fails in the next 3 years we will wave goodbye to the rebadged BAR Hondas.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

PlatinumZealot

diego1960 wrote:Just don't get your hopes high. I know I won't, certainly not after 3 whole seasons of lame excuses and PR talk from Ross and Norby. This time I hope actions speak and not words.

For the moment however, taking in mind how disappointing 2012 was, we should hope to be above Torro Rosso, FI and Caterham and from then build on to something better. Especially if the rules are the same, I expect cars to be evolved versions of ther 2012 predecessors, so Mercedes starts one step behind (yet again).

What I fear most however is that Lewis is slowly starting to realize his mistake. If the project fails in the next 3 years we will wave goodbye to the rebadged BAR Hondas.
No it will be all new. So pessimistic already! :lol:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

diego1960

You got me there, I'm a natural pessimist. Funny thing is that most of the times I'm right which makes me even more worried.

Let's see what surprises 2013 holds for Mercedes. Maybe tyre issues and a "silver bullet" that doesn't do what they hoped (call me DDRS)? Or maybe a disillusioned Hamilton and a pissed off Dr. Z? :mrgreen:

FoxHound

It's not hard to project failure on a failing team. The only thing we can do is hope that the changes have made a positive difference and there is a culture change at Brackley.
1 look at the W04 will tell all in my opinion. If it bears any resemblance to the W03, it could be a long season for the silberpfeil-istas.
JET set

diego1960

True although it must be noted that we where hopeful of the W03 as we saw a completely different and more orthological design than the W02 (lower sidepods, different nose, evolved FW etc.) and if you remember we praised them for the attention to detail, a big difference from 2012 with the "squashed" Volvo exhaust :lol:

We where fooled twice already, we should be smart not to let it happen again. Now I take everything with a truckload of salt just to be sure. And I mean everything, every PR announcement, every interview and every unproven update.

FoxHound

The W03 was fast out the blocks, lets remember that at least.

But the way it was designed, it was on a hiding to nothing in terms of the FW and it's interaction with the DDRS.
A clever idea that paid dividends early on but became a poison chalice as other development avenues(Coanda) took place.
With Costa the car should come with a sound development base. This more than anything is what I'm hoping they go for, rather than some outlandish idea that has a high chance of failure.
JET set