Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
kooleracer

Re: Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team 2013

If the W04 has problems with, tyres,heat, exhaust or balance (lack of downforce). Then it means the team havent learned form there past mistakes. So if you see burning bodywork, or hear reports of high tyre deg, see the old FW at testing, then you will know that they have made the same design mistakes again. You can only be positive if there laptimes are consistent, that the only point i will be looking at this winter test. Not how quick but how consistent. In the 2012, Mclaren,Red Bull,Williams and Lotus had really consistent laptimes and those cars were quick in the beginnen of the season in the race. Red Bull had problems with Qualy but there pace was good not the best. Mercedes struggleda alot the lap delta could showed really high fluctuations lap 1 could be 1.20.2 and lap 2 was 1.20.5 lap 3 1.21.0 lap 4 1.21.3. If thats the trend again then Lewis and Rosberg are in for a hard and cruel season. I hope for their sake that, that doenst happen. The most important are consistent high fuel run laptimes, if can do a run of 15 laps with 1 sec delta. Then the care is good. Last year Mercs lap delta for 15 laps was as high as 2-3 secs.

So compare laptime delta and not actual laptimes because those dont tell the real story! Every team can do a quali run and set the fastest time....And if the intial lapdelta are bad, dont buy the bs about care setup, or there argument that a lot will change before the first race or that they are tyre testing. Because the Lotus E20 was quick from the start and only when faster. The setup cant make a bad car a good car.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

MercAMGF1Fans

The Name is a mistake by the FIA.. just got confirmation on twitter DM..
so it's still Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team

Last edited by MercAMGF1Fans on 05 Dec 2012, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

Do we really need to make a big fuss over "GP" vs "AMG?" I'm sure the members of the forum still understand which team we're talking about.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MercAMGF1Fans

raymondu999 wrote:Do we really need to make a big fuss over "GP" vs "AMG?" I'm sure the members of the forum still understand which team we're talking about.
The silver cars with a dash of petronas teal on them? :lol:

Cocles

raymondu999 wrote:Do we really need to make a big fuss over "GP" vs "AMG?" I'm sure the members of the forum still understand which team we're talking about.
Yeah, we do. It's the name of the team. This is a technical forum, and we should get the details right.

Besides, Mercedes GP sounded like something a 10 year old would make up. I'm as die hard a Mercedes fan as they come, and even I danced for joy when they changed it to something else, AMG all the better.

MercAMGF1Fans

Cocles wrote:
Yeah, we do. It's the name of the team. This is a technical forum, and we should get the details right.

Besides, Mercedes GP sounded like something a 10 year old would make up. I'm as die hard a Mercedes fan as they come, and even I danced for joy when they changed it to something else, AMG all the better.
I remember in 2011 I was begging them on twitter to have AMG in the name

Raptor22

Supporting this team is an exercise in Raising Hope while lowering Expectations

user001

In a motorsport-total.com article brawn was cited, that development and planning for the W04 began twelve months ago!

elf341

diego1960 wrote:True although it must be noted that we where hopeful of the W03 as we saw a completely different and more orthological design than the W02 (lower sidepods, different nose, evolved FW etc.) and if you remember we praised them for the attention to detail, a big difference from 2012 with the "squashed" Volvo exhaust :lol:
I don't want to make excuses for this team - who I think have made fundamental errors in their process - but I do think what Button has said recently about at the start of the seasons some teams "lucking" into a car design that was perfect for the tyres has some weight. While we've always known Mercedes as a tyre chewer, but they appeared to make great progress towards the end of 2011 in this regard, and I do often wonder if the W03 would have been a lot more successful car with 2011 Pirelli's.
And in Mercedes' quest to improve tyre performance, they had to butcher the car.

Mika1

On the new car would be working "for twelve months or longer," he says. At that time, after again disappointing verlaufenen season 2011, an internal restructuring was under way, the results of the current technical formation with Bob Bell, Aldo Costa, Geoff Willis and Mike Elliott, and a 50 - spiked to 60-percent model wind tunnel is. Brawn remembers well: "Twelve months ago we realized that we need to strengthen the organization."

"Geoff Willis has come to us this summer, we have also brought more people. We have updated and improved the wind tunnel. All this has been going for quite a while," said the Briton. The focus of the changes was the aerodynamics: "We made the decision to restructure the aero group following a restructuring, it takes always a bit until a group has recorded.." The Mercedes was from mid-2012 to feel as in the balance of the formula is loaded with one of the top speed in reverse.

"Loic Bigois, who led the group, left the team in April / May. Then we had to wait until Mike Elliott came because he was still with Lotus. Mike could not come until a little later to us, and the gap between Loic and we have Mike "not particularly well stuffed admits Brawn. "At the same time we introduced the 50 - to 60-percent on the wind tunnel, as well as a few other things within the Aero-The group has already had an impact Maybe we would be able to transition a bit better solved..."

But since Elliott has taken his post and the wind tunnel has been fully calibrated, the restructuring of the Mercedes-Aerodynamics is complete. This means that in the very early planning stages of the project may still be easy 2013er turmoil could be felt, but in essence there should be for the new car, no more excuses. In Brackley, Brixworth and Stuttgart, we know: In the fourth year must finally come a significant step forward.

Speaking of Brackley and Brixworth: cooperation between engine and chassis department is now working well, which is possible in view of 2014 will be a decisive advantage. For then uses a revolutionary new engine formula - and the integration between the chassis and the engine is more important. "The relationship developed between the chassis and engines in Brackley in Brixworth well. This is very important with regard to 2014," says Brawn. "2014 is a huge opportunity, and I think we will show our strength as a unit."
google translated a german website.
The boss follows me on twitter.

MercAMGF1Fans

Mika1 wrote:.....
google translated a german website.
link me the original article, I can pass it on to someone who speaks german

Cocles

So they were completely without a chief aerodynamicist for awhile this season. That explains why they chose that particular window to upgrade their windtunnel.

MercAMGF1Fans

Cocles wrote:So they were completely without a chief aerodynamicist for awhile this season. That explains why they chose that particular window to upgrade their windtunnel.
Brilliant observation mate

Mika1

link me the original article, I can pass it on to someone who speaks german
This is the article: http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 20502.html
The boss follows me on twitter.

KATO

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:
The silver cars with a dash of petronas teal on them? :lol:
Remember when mentioning the Silver Arrows was synonymous with a great team of champions and their champion drivers..... Mercedes needs to get their stuff together and become that historic Silver Arrow that put Ferrari on Chek at Monza the Brits on check at Silverstone... I hope Hamilton man manage a few wins next season...
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna