Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FW17

Re: Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team 2013

Niki Lauda had a role in Jaguar in early 2000s which destabilised the team, and conflict between both Rahal and Lauda led to Rahal's resignation.

Any details of what happened? Can Lauda live with Norbert Haug, Ross Brawn and Nick Fry? I just feel that there are too much ego in one place (yet to add the Hamilton drama).

MercAMGF1Fans

WilliamsF1 wrote:Niki Lauda had a role in Jaguar in early 2000s which destabilised the team, and conflict between both Rahal and Lauda led to Rahal's resignation.

Any details of what happened? Can Lauda live with Norbert Haug, Ross Brawn and Nick Fry? I just feel that there are too much ego in one place (yet to add the Hamilton drama).
Lauda's just a chairman on the Daimler board.. and just an intermediary between Brackley and Stuttgart

marcush.

oh ..that did not stop him crossing swords with Rahal back then...he started in a similar role there and torpedised all of Rahals doings and took his role as team director for a short unsuccessful period of time ....monetary it was very fruitful for Lauda though.. :oops:
Last edited by marcush. on 06 Dec 2012, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.

kooleracer

WilliamsF1 wrote:Niki Lauda had a role in Jaguar in early 2000s which destabilised the team, and conflict between both Rahal and Lauda led to Rahal's resignation.

Laude role in the team is overstated, he is the liason of the boardroom in stuttgart. He will keep them updated about the progression of the team. The budget has been increased an the board wants to know if the money is used correctly so the shareholders are kept at bay. But Laude now thinks he is the head of the squad, if I hear him talk in the press. His ego is big, Ross doesnt seems to be that type of guy. But Haug en Lauda i dont know how thats is going to work. If the result are good, then it will be all good. When the wintertest are again a disappointment. I could see Fry being booted, Laude has experience as a CEO of his airline and at Jaguar. So Fry could lose his position to him if all goes wrong. But if Mercedes underachieve in F1 and DTM again Haug could also get booted maybe the will get Mario Theissen the former BMW head of motorsport to replace him.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

user001

kooleracer wrote:
Laude role in the team is overstated, he is the liason of the boardroom in stuttgart. He will keep them updated about the progression of the team. The budget has been increased an the board wants to know if the money is used correctly so the shareholders are kept at bay. But Laude now thinks he is the head of the squad, if I hear him talk in the press. His ego is big, Ross doesnt seems to be that type of guy. But Haug en Lauda i dont know how thats is going to work. If the result are good, then it will be all good. When the wintertest are again a disappointment. I could see Fry being booted, Laude has experience as a CEO of his airline and at Jaguar. So Fry could lose his position to him if all goes wrong. But if Mercedes underachieve in F1 and DTM again Haug could also get booted maybe the will get Mario Theissen the former BMW head of motorsport to replace him.
Lauda will constantly spit into anything happening at merc from now on, if he thinks there's something not going well. Though he has been assigned to report at three or four board meetings. in his position he takes responsibility right as against Zetsche.

As fair as I'm concerned Haug deals the most with the "sporting side" an won't confront lauda to much. I also see Fry as a weakpoint.

FW17

kooleracer wrote: Ross doesnt seems to be that type of guy.
Wonder how he is taking it after Lauda called the hydraulic interconnected suspension idea as ---. RB is now a shareholder of the team, with voting rights, that changes things.

Nick Fry seems to be behind the scene guy now, hardly seen during race weekends, again a share holder, so has the cards to play dirty.

Haug could be the one in trouble, after being in the paddock for about 18 years, still could not convince BE on a decent concord for Mercedes.

OppositeLock

I follow Mercedes GP for the fun and for the struggles. It's interesting to hear about all the different facets of an F1 team. Winter testing is being eagerly awaited. 8)

marcush.

Fry was originally brought into BAR by David Richards and came from Prodrive. He was instrumental in killing off Super Aguri if my memory serves me right .
I would not be too surprised if a lot of the things happening in the last 4to 5 years were grown and initiated by Fry.The whole situation for DAI is very unfavourable with Brawn and Fry and others still involved..even Adrian Reynard is still involved somewhat as the premises are actually Reynards property as I understand.
Can Brawn and Fry be sacked ? What is Haugs safety hook securing him into his position in good and bad times?Haug should be enough to report all the important things to the board ...why would you need Lauda?
I don´t think laudas engagement will be good for anythinf except filling his poackets securing the life of his wife and his twin children...he again refuses to stop his work for RTL broadcasters at a time when he is employed by one of the competitors. not very smart.

donskar

At least one source (Nigel Roebuck?) has suggested Lauda will be a spy for the suits back in Germany. Clearly, there are an awful lot of "chiefs" at the team. Don't know if there are enough "indians."
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

FoxHound

WilliamsF1 wrote:RB is now a shareholder of the team, with voting rights, that changes things.
Daimler owns 100% of the team.
Aabar held 30% with Mercedes 45.1% and Brawn and Fry both having 24.9%.

In 2011 Both Fry and Brawn sold their stake to Mercedes.
He and Nick Fry kept a 24.9% share in the new team, which was then sold to Mercedes in early 2011.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Brawn

And then this year Mercedes completed the outright purchase of the team buying out Aabar's 30% stake.
http://www.f1network.net/boards/read/s1 ... 1,13647462

As for the land, You'd need to check land registry details. It is called Reynard park, but all the checks of Adrian Reynard say nothing of him being owner of the land on which MGP is based.
JET set

NathanOlder

Can we stop posting pointless videos like on the previous page. So many times I have been told its a technical forum, and Iv even seen people complaining about photo's (of the cars arriving and being unpacked) being posted, yet people post music vidoes and oher rubbish continuously and nothing seems to change.

F1 TECHNICAL as people have said in the past.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Nando

Agree. I´m actually surprised they have been reported yet are still there.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Cocles

Nando wrote:Agree. I´m actually surprised they have been reported yet are still there.
Seconded. Leeds is probably on vacation or something. The title of this thread also hasn't been changed back, even though MercedesAMGF1Fans was able to confirm that the team name is still Mercedes AMG. (Next time, let's wait for confirmation from the actual team, instead of jumping the gun based on a dodgy document (confirmed drivers weren't even listed) from the FIA.)

It'll probably all be fixed within the next few days.

Nando

Yea not sure what is going on, both Leeds and Tomba has been online today. And probably yesterday as well.

Seems like a pretty obvious one as i´ve seen posts moderated for less then this.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

TheBaverianBasterd

marcush. wrote:Fry was originally brought into BAR by David Richards and came from Prodrive. He was instrumental in killing off Super Aguri if my memory serves me right .
I would not be too surprised if a lot of the things happening in the last 4to 5 years were grown and initiated by Fry.The whole situation for DAI is very unfavourable with Brawn and Fry and others still involved..even Adrian Reynard is still involved somewhat as the premises are actually Reynards property as I understand.
Can Brawn and Fry be sacked ? What is Haugs safety hook securing him into his position in good and bad times?Haug should be enough to report all the important things to the board ...why would you need Lauda?
I don´t think laudas engagement will be good for anythinf except filling his poackets securing the life of his wife and his twin children...he again refuses to stop his work for RTL broadcasters at a time when he is employed by one of the competitors. not very smart.
I imagine the only reason Haug still has a job is because of something to do with those flying LeMans cars all those years ago. I've often wondered how he managed to survive such a scandalous event, that would have seen most fired.

Lauda is just picking up another paycheck...he has no true investment in this team. How could he when he won't stop working for RTL? Given what happened with Jaguar and Rahal, I have no faith in his presence here.