Scuderia Ferrari 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KATO

Scuderia Ferrari 2013

Ferrari F1 2013.. Off you go-!!
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

Nando

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 2013

I always wonder why ferrari don´t fly out to Thailand or wherever the hell Byrne is on the planet and go down on their knees begging him to come back.

It´s a waste of genius sitting on a beach enjoying life (atleast from F1´s perspective)
There has to be some way to get that man an offer he can´t refuse.

He´s the only guy on the planet that has the track record of Newey and beaten him at that.
Just a shame but i do understand things might be different from his perspective obviously.

He´s 68. 5 more years should be good, he doesn´t have to do anything but use his brain and focus on the car 100%.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

raymondu999

Nando wrote:I always wonder why ferrari don´t fly out to Thailand or wherever the hell Byrne is on the planet and go down on their knees begging him to come back.
Wasn't he involved in some consultatory basis on the F2012 though? That's what I've read in most places, anyway. Besides, as I understand it he never left Ferrari. He was always Technical Advisor, from 2005-present.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando

Yea they have him locked up but he´s not there full time. I think you either do it full-on or don´t do it at all.

Hail22

Nando wrote:Yea they have him locked up but he´s not there full time. I think you either do it full-on or don´t do it at all.
Rory Byrne is better on a consultant basis, why? Because I'm a certified rescue diver...and he owns a dive shop, what better way to suck out ones genius then by talking moderately about Diving/Formula 1 design ;)

I wonder how far Ferrari is from submitting its final tub for 2013 (ala crash test structure etc).
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

shelly

I think the tub has been already been laminated and bonded. The mould design -external shape - has probably been frozen around September. Crash test maybe next week?
twitter: @armchair_aero

KATO

I have a question does anyone know if Ferrari is goin to 'fix' the current design and work off it and correct what went wrong... Or work on something relatively new like more along the lines of what they know can be done with the current rules..
Basically I'm curious New Design or Deveop the 2012 design with out the faults and problems??

Thank you guys..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

Hail22

shelly wrote:I think the tub has been already been laminated and bonded. The mould design -external shape - has probably been frozen around September. Crash test maybe next week?
So we (as in the greater forum community) could assume to see a release say...mid January?

Also to answer Kato, last I remember was it Crucial or Ray that said it would be fundamentally important for Ferrari to be a little more "conservative" in terms of the sidepod layout/intercooler setup?

I think most of the car will be the same...except the pods, FW. Rear setup and possibly internal configuration (possible for CoG purposes).
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

Hail22 wrote:Also to answer Kato, last I remember was it Crucial or Ray that said it would be fundamentally important for Ferrari to be a little more "conservative" in terms of the sidepod layout/intercooler setup?
It wasn't me that specifically suggested that - but I do remember that discussion. I was discussing with someone (on this forum) about it, and we came to the conclusion that if Ferrari were to revise their radiator layout to optimise for slightly better packaging, they could achieve better quality with the sidepod airflow
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Vanja #66

That's what bhall's been saying since first tests...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Gerhard Berger

Nando wrote:Yea they have him locked up but he´s not there full time. I think you either do it full-on or don´t do it at all.
In an interview with a radio station in South Africa, he said he works 100 days a year for the F1 team. From the way he talked, it seemed like he is not really involved in a hands on kind of way, and is more there to help Fry and Tombazis organise the technical department.

Gerhard Berger

Hail22 wrote:
shelly wrote:I think the tub has been already been laminated and bonded. The mould design -external shape - has probably been frozen around September. Crash test maybe next week?
So we (as in the greater forum community) could assume to see a release say...mid January?

Also to answer Kato, last I remember was it Crucial or Ray that said it would be fundamentally important for Ferrari to be a little more "conservative" in terms of the sidepod layout/intercooler setup?

I think most of the car will be the same...except the pods, FW. Rear setup and possibly internal configuration (possible for CoG purposes).
rumour is they will also go for red bull style exhausts, which will also require a redesign of the diffuser.

Nando

Gerhard Berger wrote:In an interview with a radio station in South Africa, he said he works 100 days a year for the F1 team. From the way he talked, it seemed like he is not really involved in a hands on kind of way, and is more there to help Fry and Tombazis organise the technical department.
any source?
That was more then i expected, i thought he was on the beach, got a phone call and he gave instructions ;)
Not really but you get the idea.

Gerhard Berger

Nando wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:In an interview with a radio station in South Africa, he said he works 100 days a year for the F1 team. From the way he talked, it seemed like he is not really involved in a hands on kind of way, and is more there to help Fry and Tombazis organise the technical department.
any source?
That was more then i expected, i thought he was on the beach, got a phone call and he gave instructions ;)
Not really but you get the idea.
Interview with SA motorsport from around Dec11:

Q: How long does it take away from the activity of motor racing?
RB: "My recall of the Ferrari F1 was in 2006, although estubo Design Consultant until 2008 though linked to early 2009. Most of the time step in Phucket (Thailand), but returned as a consultant to Ferrari earlier this year mainly in GT categories, but since June I returned to work more actively in the Department of F1, especially this winter with a view to next year's car "

Q: What is your role at Ferrari right now? What is your job?
RB: "Well, the most important aspect of my job now is to help Pat coordinate research activities, such as aerodynamics or the dynamics of the car. Basically, my job depends on five people who are in charge of the structures, dynamics vehicle aerodynamics, R & D and Global Design.

When it comes to my work right, even I have my office where I try to bring my knowledge and Experience in the design of the car. Then basically support Pat and Nikolas, who are the ones who are in charge of all design, to study the data in the wind tunnel and simulator. But the most important is to help Pat coordinate all these activities "

Q: After being withdrawn entirely because it has decided to return to work at Ferrari?
RB: "I have an important link with Ferrari, as the team needs me I will try to give the maximum of my ability, have always treated me exceptionally. You could say it's my second family"

Q: When the car will debut next year?
RB: "The presentation is scheduled, I think the first week of February, making its track debut will take place in the first test days. But this does not mean that we see the same car as the last test, as we want to further research and design to take advantage of the training as possible, and get the best possible conditions for the first race of the season "

Q: You made a statement which stated that he was convinced it would be very competitive?
RB: "Obviously I want that to happen, and I am convinced it will. We have not tested in court, but the simulations and data obtained have met our expectations, but there is still time left and we must continue to improve as much as possible. Our competitiveness depends on the progress made ​​by our competitors and how everyone has been able to meet the great effect that had the exhaust "

Q: Thank you for your time and good luck for the season.
RB: Thank you, good afternoon.

This is the interview with the radio station (it's an audio file), again from 2011:

http://soundcloud.com/567-capetalk/rory-byrne

Nando

Thanks, got a bit excited there at first thinking it was from this year 11th december.

Hopefully he had nothing to do with the acer ducts and that this year he´s more hands on :)
Great to see though he´s back in the game.