22 best (current) F1 drivers

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
clipsy1H

Re: 22 best (current) F1 drivers

bill shoe wrote:If money played no role, only talent, who would race F1 in 2013?

A's-
Hamilton
Vettel
Alonso

B's-
Raikkonen
Webber
Button
Rosberg
Schumacher
oh god ](*,) a guy with 7 wdc is in group B. Hamilton is good but he can't be in A... Schumacher Alonso and Vettel (maybe Kimi).
How can someone think drivers with consecutive titles aren't good enough to be in first group????

wesley123

clipsy1H wrote:
bill shoe wrote:If money played no role, only talent, who would race F1 in 2013?

A's-
Hamilton
Vettel
Alonso

B's-
Raikkonen
Webber
Button
Rosberg
Schumacher
oh god ](*,) a guy with 7 wdc is in group B. Hamilton is good but he can't be in A... Schumacher Alonso and Vettel (maybe Kimi).
How can someone think drivers with consecutive titles aren't good enough to be in first group????
Read the word 'current' in the thread title, it says enough I think.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Nando

clipsy1H wrote:How can someone think drivers with consecutive titles aren't good enough to be in first group????
Titles is a testament to how many great cars you have driven and less what your actual skills are.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

clipsy1H

Nando wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:How can someone think drivers with consecutive titles aren't good enough to be in first group????
Titles is a testament to how many great cars you have driven and less what your actual skills are.
and??? check what car had Michael and Kimi.... or do you think if car is good anyone can win title??? :lol: that's funny. You mean that Vettel isn't now the best driver on the grid?? just because Red bull is best car?

beelsebob

I'd go with...

Group A:
Alonso
Hamilton
Kimi

Group B:
Vettel
Hulkenberg
DiResta
Button

Group C:
Heiki
Webber
Perez
Kobayashi
Rosberg

wesley123

clipsy1H wrote:
Nando wrote:
and??? check what car had Michael and Kimi.... or do you think if car is good anyone can win title??? :lol: that's funny. You mean that Vettel isn't now the best driver on the grid?? just because Red bull is best car?
Then why arent you rating Rosberg an A too?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Nando

clipsy1H wrote:and??? check what car had Michael and Kimi.... or do you think if car is good anyone can win title??? :lol: that's funny. You mean that Vettel isn't now the best driver on the grid?? just because Red bull is best car?
If anyone can win with a fundamentally good car? Yes. the rest of the guys are not incompetent, they are the creme de la creme of open wheel drivers.
Even Narain would win races in the RB7.

I honestly can´t see how anyone can say Vettel is the best driver on the grid. It´s completely incomprehensible to me.´
Not saying he´s a bad driver, in fact far from it but the best? can´t see it really.
Last edited by Nando on 28 Jan 2013, 19:41, edited 5 times in total.

Nando

In no particular order in the various categories.

A´s

Alonso
Hamilton
Raikkonen
Vettel

B´s

Button
Rosberg
Schumacher (present time)
Webber
Perez
Hulkenberg
Di Resta
Kovalainen
Massa

C´s

Maldonado - super quick but overall still have a lot of work to do
Grosjean - same as Maldo.
Kobayashi
Vergne
Ricciardo
Petrov
Glock
Pic
Senna

ringo

wesley123 wrote:
xDama wrote:Raikkonen & Schumacher in B-class, but Hamilton in A.

:lol:
Yeah because Raikkonen can drive around problems, and deal with a car not fully with his liking. Wait...he cannot. He is quick, but not always quick like I stated.

Also Schumacher in B is way overrated.
Then again he's not so quick. Grosjean is faster. I'd put him between A and B. He does have some A class qualities, though speed is no longer his strong suit.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Nando wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:and??? check what car had Michael and Kimi.... or do you think if car is good anyone can win title??? :lol: that's funny. You mean that Vettel isn't now the best driver on the grid?? just because Red bull is best car?
If anyone can win with a fundamentally good car? Yes. the rest of the guys are not incompetent, they are the creme de la creme of open wheel drivers.

I honestly can´t see how anyone can say Vettel is the best driver on the grid. It´s completely incomprehensible to me.
Nando, I have to say I read clipsy's post different than how you (seem to me to) have read it. I do not believe he is asserting Vettel as the best driver of the grid at the moment - but rather the reasoning that having the fastest car somehow discounts the driver. Even a driver driving the best car could also be the best driver. At least that's how I read clipsy's statement.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:Nando, I have to say I read clipsy's post different than how you (seem to me to) have read it. I do not believe he is asserting Vettel as the best driver of the grid at the moment - but rather the reasoning that having the fastest car somehow discounts the driver. Even a driver driving the best car could also be the best driver. At least that's how I read clipsy's statement.
Right, and I think that's a completely flawed understanding of what "Best Driver" means. If that's what it means, then the skills a driver needs to be the best are being psychic, and able to predict the future. Not actually being able to drive.

raymondu999

You also misread my post, beelsebob.

My point is, it's possible that the best driver of the grid gets the best car of the grid. Therefore, it is possible that the best car is driven by the best driver. Therefore, best car does not mean non-best driver.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bill shoe

Vettel is a bit hard to rate because his entire F1 frontrunner experience has been against a single driver-- Webber. Vettel's small amount of other evidence, including Toro Roso time, suggests he is reeeally quick. However, the margin of error attached to that opinion is larger than I'd like.

Our best chance to get better evidence is when Webber leaves Red Bull. Hopefully Vettel's new teammate will be a known F1 talent rather than a newbie graduate from the lower formulas or from Toro Rosso (for example we really have no idea how good Ricciardo is). And hopefully we'll get this comparison to a known talent in the next couple years when Vettel is still at his peak.

For sure the most interesting result would be if Vettel turned out to not be that good...

clipsy1H

raymondu999 wrote:
Nando wrote:

I honestly can´t see how anyone can say Vettel is the best driver on the grid. It´s completely incomprehensible to me.
Nando, I have to say I read clipsy's post different than how you (seem to me to) have read it. I do not believe he is asserting Vettel as the best driver of the grid at the moment - but rather the reasoning that having the fastest car somehow discounts the driver. Even a driver driving the best car could also be the best driver. At least that's how I read clipsy's statement.
that's right raymondu!! and Nando if you think that... sorry but you are totally out of the pace .... so every driver can win races with RB7?? ... i'm wonder why Webber couldn't fight with Vettel till end? (ok, team orders! but he wasn't even in top 2)
i know that Vettel isn't too popular here but we must to accept!! he was THE DRIVER last year (best car and best skills) and THE DRIVER to beat this year. Alonso did an amazing job last year but no one can't guarantee us if Alonso was with Red Bull he would have won the Championship.

ringo

Vettel could be another Nelson Piquet with 3 championships in 3 best cars. We don't know he mettle until he gets a car to struggle in or he gets a teammate who's at his prime.
For Sure!!