Marussia MR02 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Richard

Marussia MR02 Cosworth

A quick reminder that the car threads are a haven for exploring the actual features of the actual car.

We have other threads for team & race conversations.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thread will be unlocked when the car is launched ... Tuesday 5th February @ "very simple photocall just prior to the day's testing"

http://www.marussiaf1team.com/news/739/
PutinTube http://www.youtube.com/user/officialvirginracing (!)

(Thanks to Gridlock for links)

Pre-launch speculation thread :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 12&t=14482

Forza

Re: Marussia MR02 (pre launch speculation)

stefan_

ESPN F1

Last edited by stefan_ on 05 Feb 2013, 09:40, edited 5 times in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

pluisje

That is a worrying lack of sponsors...

Forza

stefan_

Re: Marussia MR02 Cosworth

Last edited by stefan_ on 05 Feb 2013, 09:43, edited 4 times in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

timbo

The lack of sponsors is indeed worrying, and also the look. The car looks very unlike any other on the grid and more like an Indycar. Are their drivers very short? Why the cockpit is so forward?

Steven
Owner

Timbo, as mentioned in my launch article, the team have retained an almost identical monocoque from 2012, which was designed with a low nose to avoid the stepped nose, similar to what McLaren had. They were proud of it at the time, but now it will be much more of a disadvantage.

FrukostScones

next year all cars will look like this :wtf:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Joie de vivre

I hope you didn't expect too much. Do you really think they'll do complete redesign of 2013 car? They should focus on 2014 and I hope that's exactly what they are doing. At least they should.

stefan_

ESPN F1

CMSMJ1

The livery is not flattering the car but I do like the look of it - old skool swoopy
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

desl

Joie de vivre wrote:I hope you didn't expect too much. Do you really think they'll do complete redesign of 2013 car? They should focus on 2014 and I hope that's exactly what they are doing. At least they should.
Honestly, i don't think Marussia will able to score points with the MR02 because it's almost the same car as last year.

And without points I guess the team will go bancrupt till the end of 2013. Afaik they already have depts of $50 mil.

Yet, they don't seem to have a clue where to get the turbo enginges for 2014 from...

stefan_

Huntresa

timbo wrote:The lack of sponsors is indeed worrying, and also the look. The car looks very unlike any other on the grid and more like an Indycar. Are their drivers very short? Why the cockpit is so forward?
I guess the contract with AON isnt written yet but just wait :D