Marussia MR02 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
rayden

Re: Marussia MR02 Cosworth

N12ck wrote:It doesnt look like a modern f1 car :?
Everyone has different tastes, but I think the livery is fooling with your eyes.

LotusF1

apparently they have quite a big update for the last test and for melbourne as well, lets wait....they might stir a surprise...remember they are half the size of caterham. yesterday they were quicker....lets wait and see.

kris

Probably should discount yesterdays fast laps results.. they were set on different types of tires..marussia used soft and caterham set time on hard tires...

CottrellGP

Yurasyk wrote:I guess that Marussia and Caterhem exhausts are the SAME. 100% clones. :shock:
Why would they be the same?
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

Forza

via Mario Keszeli ‏@techF1LES

F1 test - Barcelona - Day 4

Coefficient

Well, with Marussia appearing to be quicker than Caterham so far it goes to show how important it is to get a big name engineer on board!!! Pat Symonds was a bit of a score for this minnow of a team!!
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

stefan_

Matt Somerfield ‏@SomersF1

Marussia F1 Team MR-02 in the hands of Max Chilton testing the new Engine Cover again complete with Shark Fin

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Huntresa

Hope this team gets a proper engine for next year if they have the cash for it.

Forza

Flow-viz run for Marussia today

F1 test - Barcelona - Day 4

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

CHT
CHT

Coefficient wrote:Well, with Marussia appearing to be quicker than Caterham so far it goes to show how important it is to get a big name engineer on board!!! Pat Symonds was a bit of a score for this minnow of a team!!
Wats mike doing these days? Still behind drawing board?

Coefficient

CHT wrote:
Coefficient wrote:Well, with Marussia appearing to be quicker than Caterham so far it goes to show how important it is to get a big name engineer on board!!! Pat Symonds was a bit of a score for this minnow of a team!!
Wats mike doing these days? Still behind drawing board?

Mike? You mean Gascoyne? He's the head of Caterham Technology I believe and has stepped back from the F1 programme.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

DanielF1

In my opinion Marussia is looking good and faster than Catherham which got me impressed by the work they have done. Hopefully the pieces they have for the next week of testings and Australia can make a big improvement and be around 2'5s from the heading part.

CottrellGP

That rear end is nice!!
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

kilcoo316

Mark Smith is also a pretty big name designer at Caterham.

J197
J199
R24
R25

Not bad cars.