Disable mail notification on subscribed threads

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
gandharva

Disable mail notification on subscribed threads

I would like to disable mail notification for subscribed threads. How can I do this?

Background:
I want to subscribe to some threads for easier access via tapatalk (listed as favorites in tapatalk), but do not want an email every time someone replies to this threads.

Thanks!

Ray

Re: Disable mail notification on subscribed threads

If you go into your User Control Panel you can unmark topics that you don't want to watch/receive emails about.

I've found that this site is by far the best about getting emails because if you don't look at that particular topic for a short amount of time, it won't spawn an email notification until you go back and look at it again.

gandharva

Ray wrote:If you go into your User Control Panel you can unmark topics that you don't want to watch/receive emails about.
I know, but that's not what I was asking for. I would like a watchlist/favorites WITHOUT mail notification. Normally this is possible with phpbb out of the box, but it seems in this forum that feature got disabled and/or changed.

Steven
Owner

No, it's not possible with phpbb out of the box, and it's not a priority to enable such a feature.
:arrow: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2150712

gandharva

Thanks. It seems I'll have to create an email filter to automatically thrash those mails until phpbb gets this feature. :wink:

Steven
Owner

Yes I'm sorry mate. Right now it doesn't seem to be a problem for many people and is fairly standard as well, so for now we'll leave it as it is.

Thanks for the suggestion though! It's good to get suggestions, and even though some may not make it, they all get logged and are not forgotten.