Marussia MR02 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Huntresa

Re: Marussia MR02 Cosworth

kilcoo316 wrote:
Coefficient wrote:Well, with Marussia appearing to be quicker than Caterham so far it goes to show how important it is to get a big name engineer on board!!! Pat Symonds was a bit of a score for this minnow of a team!!
Mark Smith is also a pretty big name designer at Caterham.

J197
J199
R24
R25

Not bad cars.
Wasnt he always under Mike tho ? And sure he and Mike did some good cars but Mike has utterly failed with Caterham, i mean its not fair to compare Jordan to Caterham but i cant see Jordan having very much money compared to Mclaren and Ferrari back in the late 90s, so it could be compared. Back then he did OK designs but havent rly done anything gr8 with Caterham.

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

alex aero

Here you can see the new front wing with a new profile and new endplates. There is also a change to the nose which doesn´t have the humb on the bottom any more. Seems that they found more downforce on the front and need more airflow under the nose to get more downforce on the rear.

roadie

I want the team to beat Caterham. The car looks so basic though! Hard to imagine it being faster than Caterham, despite having the boost KERS provides. The new front wing looks better though.

350matt

roadie wrote:I want the team to beat Caterham. The car looks so basic though! Hard to imagine it being faster than Caterham, despite having the boost KERS provides. The new front wing looks better though.
been quicker than caterham in testing so far tho....

Forza

MR02 at BCN T03 - Day 2 - Flow vis run with new FW
Via ScarbsF1

Ozan

does Cosworth unit support off-throttle blowing?

Neno

Ozan wrote:does Cosworth unit support off-throttle blowing?
i dont want to be too hard on Cosworth as engine supplier, but they have worst engine on grid, it's big, not much effective as others, bad for packaging and i could say too old and undevoloped. So i would say probably their engine is not optimised to support off-throttle blowing. Also Cosworth is 99% after this year out from F1, they didnt announce any plans for new V6 and at end of year losing only customer, in this case Marussia.

wesley123

Bodywork seems tighter than at the launch too, back at the first test the car was really, really fat, now it looks much tighter.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Petroltorque

I think all engines, including Cosworth support cold blowing. I agree the packaging of the unit puts the team at a slight disadvantage. But Marussia with the Cosworth clearly have a faster package than Caterham.
Cosworth as an independent just don't have the mega bucks to produce a V6/ERS engine. Having said that the loss of any engine supplier is not good for F1 since only 3 suppliers provides an advantage for one supplier. One has to hope that Honda really decides to come back next year.

Forza

F1 test - BCN T03 - Day 3

Day 4

steve12345

Neno wrote:
i dont want to be too hard on Cosworth as engine supplier, but they have worst engine on grid, it's big, not much effective as others, bad for packaging and i could say too old and undevoloped. So i would say probably their engine is not optimised to support off-throttle blowing. Also Cosworth is 99% after this year out from F1, they didnt announce any plans for new V6 and at end of year losing only customer, in this case Marussia.
Does anyone have the actual dimensions compared to all other f1 2006-2013 engines?

I think cosworths biggest problem is that it gets placed in rubbish cars.

It will be pretty cool if the cosworth powered Marussia beats the renault powered caterham.

wesley123

steve12345 wrote:
Neno wrote:
Does anyone have the actual dimensions compared to all other f1 2006-2013 engines?

I think cosworths biggest problem is that it gets placed in rubbish cars.

It will be pretty cool if the cosworth powered Marussia beats the renault powered caterham.
Which it did already last year but got unlucky in Brazil.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Forza

Australian GP - Wednesday - 13/3/2013

F1 Australian GP - Friday FP - 15/3/2013

HiRes:
http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 054.21.jpg
http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/me ... 054.78.jpg

siwillems

Is anybody aware of Marussias upgrade / development plan over the cominng season? The car i thought looked quite reasonable and looks like it could be a fairly decent platform for them to work with and develop as the season progresses.
Da de dum, de da da dum.
Da de dum, de da da duh!!!