Twitter feed on forum homepage

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Twitter feed on forum homepage

Hi all,

as I mentioned on twitter, I put the twitter feed on the forum homepage.
I'm just wondering what you guys think about it.

Is it useful? Or should it perhaps be on (several) other pages of the site?
Or other suggestions.. ?

Thanks!

ps: I hope you are all reading the news and devblog a bit, I'm working my ass off here in BCN!

stefan_

Re: Twitter feed on forum homepage

I was glad when I saw it and I find it useful, especially in this Formula 1 testing period where news come every minute and sometimes I find it hard to keep up with twitter and I might miss what you write. The fact that it is placed only on the board index is a good idea too as it doesn't stalk you everywhere you go on the forum.

Good job.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Nando

I like it but it would be even cooler if you had all the F1 teams, and then some well known outsiders like Scarbs or what have you.

Not sure if it´s possible though.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

FoxHound

Just click on the f1tec twitter followed link to get the right people to follow.
A gold mine of info out there.

Although a bit of personalised dialogue from F1T would be a vast improvement from the current parrot style copied and pasted news stories currently being tweeted.

Personalisation is key.
JET set

Steven
Owner

@FoxHound, first of all, most things that are tweeted are typed with my 10 fingers. That personal enough.
Secondly, news and devblogs are automatically published as tweets as well, it's part of the service. Many people have ditched RSS in favour of twitter for this exact reason. Twitter can combine RSS with personal messages.

@Nando Are you hinting for a twitter page around here? It can be done I think.
There has actually once been the idea of creating an in-site chatbox aside of a twitter stream, which would be handy during events.

FoxHound

All very well Tomba.

But the are discrepancies. I shall inbox you the discrepancies in given time. Suffice to say I have no issue with the accuracy.
JET set

Nando

Tomba wrote:@Nando Are you hinting for a twitter page around here? It can be done I think.
No not really, just that this window you have now showing your tweets, if it is possible to also display all the twitter feeds from all the teams as well as key people. All in that little window.
So you have everything F1 packed nicely into that little window, but as i said, not sure it will work.

Edit: see now Lotus is in the window, nice work!
Edit2: just a retweet... oh well.
Last edited by Nando on 15 Mar 2013, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

wesley123

Dont know it is relevant to this but since today I am having lag spikes while browsing f1technical. My browser freezes for a few seconds when trying to open a topic for example.

You would say it is my browser, but these short freezes are only happening when browsing f1technical.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender