2013 Australian GP - Albert Park

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mika1

Re: 2013 Australian GP - Albert Park

Lol typo.
The boss follows me on twitter.

beelsebob

As a lewis hamilton fan that result wouldn't particularly please me either. But I do believe it's the likely outcome (as much as you can tell what it is after testing).

Richard

Yikes there are "fans" on here? Who let them in?

Help! I need to escape back to Goya ...

Nando

raymondu999 wrote: Wow. Interesting. Don't think I've seen a prediction for a while that doesn't feature teammates at all. In the name of curiosity, Nando - are they by any chance, your top 5 drivers too? ie the drivers you consider the "5 best" of the grid.
Basically i think the grid will be so tight that the guys who shine are the "top of the line" drivers.
Assuming top 5 is separated by something like 3 tenths.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Cam

Nando wrote:
raymondu999 wrote: Wow. Interesting. Don't think I've seen a prediction for a while that doesn't feature teammates at all. In the name of curiosity, Nando - are they by any chance, your top 5 drivers too? ie the drivers you consider the "5 best" of the grid.
Basically i think the grid will be so tight that the guys who shine are the "top of the line" drivers.
Not sure I agree on this one Nando, especially not the first couple of races. Sure, the teams have a better understanding of the tyres than Melb 2012, but no-one really knows how they're going to perform until they race on them. This will bring a huge amount of luck into the results. Once the teams have data from a few races and can then compare that to the test data, we'll see it settle down. Being a 'top of the line' driver means nothing when you don't have the car under you. The opposite is also true, anyone can win if you fluke the setup and the conditions fall your way - See Nico, Maldondo, Button.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

zorog

I just won this competition!

I already have tickets and a unit booked in St Kilda if somebody would like some great last min accommodation for a good rate pm me

seventhsin

DAMN! I woke up this morning and spur-of-the-moment bought 2 tickets and hotel acommodation for me and my younger brother...
If only you posted 4 hours earlier #-o
We're driving from Adelaide on the thursday...

On a lighter note, this will be the first time I've seen F1 in the flesh since '95. Words cannot describe how excited I am, I didnt even know it was possible to get this excited about things anymore!
My brother is 5 years younger and I introduced him to F1 last year, took to it like a fish to water. All the strategy, stints, KERS, DRS, prime, option... you name it, he's a die hard fan from the the first page of the book.

The last year of the V8s. Pumped.

Nando

Cam wrote:Not sure I agree on this one Nando, especially not the first couple of races. Sure, the teams have a better understanding of the tyres than Melb 2012, but no-one really knows how they're going to perform until they race on them. This will bring a huge amount of luck into the results. Once the teams have data from a few races and can then compare that to the test data, we'll see it settle down. Being a 'top of the line' driver means nothing when you don't have the car under you. The opposite is also true, anyone can win if you fluke the setup and the conditions fall your way - See Nico, Maldondo, Button.
I think the difference from last year will be, proper tires, no "lottery", no massive exhaust regulation change like last year.
It´s more or less pure stability this time.

Either way, i really don´t care who wins frankly. I´m just excited for Formula 1 being back again.
Last edited by Nando on 08 Mar 2013, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

FrukostScones

what, no tyre lottery this year? I think a cold Melbourne could prove to be one epic lottery.
Did you have a look at the tyres in BCN, never seen such chewed up racing tyres.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

bhall

Because no one wins qualifying, I shall skip it to mindlessly proclaim the race will finish thus:

1. Raikkonen
2. Vettel
3. Massa (Yep.)
4. Webber
5. Alonso
6. Hamilton
7. Rosberg
8. Button
9. Grosjean
10. Hulkenberg

...and I expect other drivers to finish as well.

Mr.G

Q: Perez, Alonso, Hamilton R: Alonso, Hammilton, Vettel
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Unc1e_M0nty

Nando wrote:
I think beasue tryes will be the deciding factor that we will see a rough team order, some of the fancied teams will have problems with tyre wear and are in for a rude awakening.

Mclaren are quoted as saying they will be happry with a points finish, I bet there's a few top teams who think the same.

gray41

What car characteristics are good around Melbourne?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Ferraripilot

I beleive turns 3, 4 and pretty much all of sector 3 is Mercedes country as it is mechanically a heavy area and we know W04 is great mechanically per Lewis. Lewis and Nico have a good chance there.

qualifying:

Hamilton
Rosberg
Vettel
Webber
Alonso
Grosjean
Raik
Button
Massa
Maldonado
Perez

race:

Hamilton
Vettel
Rosberg
Alonso
Raik
Grosjean
Webber
Button
Massa

rssh

gray41 wrote:What car characteristics are good around Melbourne?
Its a Front tyre limiting track therefore a strong front end is required for aggressive turn ins which gives the best lap times but most importantly the balance of the car should be excellent so that even tyre wear occurs on all corners .

Anyway this F1 testing is really tough to judge compared to 2011 and 2010 seasons and anybody except Caterham and Marussia can show in a great surprise . I would like to predict the qualy and race but I really can't (I am dying inside for the 17th :mrgreen: ).