2013 Australian GP - Albert Park

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Clew

Re: 2013 Australian GP - Albert Park

raymondu999 wrote:IMO he can't take title pressure and goes too conservative or too aggressive (depending on his mood). Also, he seems very bad on all Tilke circuits. I wonder... Is it something in the way Tilke designs his circuits? Or perhaps a manufacturing thing, eg Webber doesn't like the type of asphalt Tilke's contractors use?
As an F1 fan, I prefer drivers win their home race =D> Come On Webbo =D>
“Championships are won in the first half of the season, not just the second half” Raikkonen

GrizzleBoy

All I can say is the FIA may have successfully turned F1 into a sport.

And when I say sport, I mean an event where gambling can be lucrative for betting companies.

At least for the first race anyway.

stefan_

Didn't know where to post it, so I'll put it here.

2013 Formula 1 calendar (high resolution) | ZIP File with the same thing but different backgrounds
via pieczaro (dA)
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

RB7ate9

raymondu999 wrote:IMO he can't take title pressure and goes too conservative or too aggressive (depending on his mood). Also, he seems very bad on all Tilke circuits. I wonder... Is it something in the way Tilke designs his circuits? Or perhaps a manufacturing thing, eg Webber doesn't like the type of asphalt Tilke's contractors use?
I agree with the note about Webber being mercurial about being over aggressive or extremely conservative. It can't help that Vettel keeps on being supported by Marko. To what extent this affects the team and strategy and development, I do not know. But it can't help.

I think Webber has issue with the general design philosophy of Tilke (long straights into hairpins, then twisty bits, then straights again). As seen by his usual good pace in places like Silverstone and Interlagos, he is much better at the sweeping courses long extant on the F1 calendar. Due to his better pace on the European leg, and his usual problems in the closing Tilke-o-dromes, these first 4 races will be crucial for his title chances.

Race Predictions:

1. Webber (Want); Alonso (Actual)
2. Riccardo (Want); Vettel (Actual)
3. Hulkenberg (Want); Hamilton (Actual?!?!)
4. Raikkonen
5. Webber
6. Massa
7. Grosjean
8. Hulkenberg
9. Bottas
10. Maldonaldo

(Just noticed Mclaren not in top 10....sticking with my predictions).

godlameroso

It seems that the off season chassis development have focused around creating pressure differentials within the chassis itself. Common wisdom being that net pressure differential between two sides of a surface generates lift, and seeing as how the internal aerodynamics are basically open in the regulations it would seem a good place to invest to see if performance can be gained. For one any gain made will not be easy to copy because it's underneath the skin, second the amount of things you can try are pretty much limited by your imagination seeing as how very little regulation exits, finally; well, you have to justify your budget.
Saishū kōnā

SilverArrow10

Qualifying Prediction:

1,Vettel
2,Webber
3,Hamilton
4,Grojean
5,Alonso
6,Rosberg
7,Button
8,Raikkonen
9,Maldonado
10,Massa
11,Perez
12,Hulkenberg
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Guisson

Well , I have a feeling that Red Bull might not shine as expected ..A feeling..
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

Neno

RB_[Gnx] wrote:Well , I have a feeling that Red Bull might not shine as expected ..A feeling..
I have feeling they are in same place where they were at end of year, fast but fast enough to pull half second from no where i dont think so. mclaren was bigger threat then them at end of year, but after this weird testing for Mclaren and Lewis Hamilton gone, i think ferrari and lotus catched them.

Spacepace

Qualifying
1. Sebastain Vettel
2. Romain Grosjean
3. Mark Webber
4. Fernando Alonso
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Lewis Hamilton
7. Felipe Massa
8. Jenson Button
9. Pastor Maldonado
10. Nico Rosberg

Race
1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Fernando Alonso
3. Mark Webber
4. Felipe Massa
5. Jenson Button
6. Pastor Maldonado
7. Sergio Perez
8. Valtteri Bottas
9. Lewis Hamilton
10. Nico Hulkenberg
Last edited by Spacepace on 11 Mar 2013, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckjr

Quali:
1. Alo (Dare to dream baby)
2. Vet
3. Gros
4. Ham
5. Rik
6. Mas
7. Mal

Race:
1. Vet
2. Alo
3. Rik
4. Web
5. But
6. Mas
7. Per

Ham - DNF, frustrated being passed after a pretty good quail. Maybe tangles with Gros?
My feeling is the Red Bull will be the car to beat this year, so ALO will not be able to hold off VET.

Top drivers in each team shine this year as chassis are so close...
Watching F1 since 1986.

zonk

Vettel the lightest. 10kg how much is worth? :lol:

raymondu999

zonk wrote:http://24.media.tumblr.com/7adf282d1a93 ... 1_1280.jpg

Vettel the lightest. 10kg how much is worth? :lol:
Several mm of CofG.

In other news, how in the name of feck is Vettel that light compared to comparable-height drivers? :wtf: Look at Bottas, Hamilton, Raikkonen, Alonso for example :wtf:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_

They all must have the minimum weight (car+driver), so Vettel (and Gutierrez - who also is tall and pretty light) can be anorexic as far as I am concerned.

Some shots from Australia

via Dickie Stanford
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

piast9

zonk wrote:Vettel the lightest. 10kg how much is worth? :lol:
And Webber the heaviest and the tallest...

Minimum weight limit helps but if you're light and small there are more possibilities for placing a ballast. Remember first days of KERS? Kubica (also the "big man") preferred to drive without it because his car with KERS had very little balast placing possibilities which compromised the handling.

Donuts

RB_[Gnx] wrote:Well , I have a feeling that Red Bull might not shine as expected ..A feeling..
+1
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.