2013 Australian GP - Albert Park

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Gridlock

Re: 2013 Australian GP - Albert Park

My prediction is 22 F1 cars on the grid - potentially ;)

Nobody knows anything. Roll on FP1!

Neno

RB_[Gnx] wrote:http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/791569FORECAST.png

Interesting...So there are chances of rain ! Maybe there is some chances of not seeing a RB on pole after all ! ( A Mercedes to do the job? )
And what if Red Bull have great car on rain, and Mercedes one suck? Will Mercedes do the job then? I dont want to see any rain this year, rain *ucked up many good races last year (including malysia) and modern f1 drivers are to scared to drive on rain (with a few exceptions). Specialy I dont want rain on opening of season.

Pandabeer

I don't think that modern race drivers are too scared to race in rain. It's the job of the stewards to decide if it's safe to race or not, they get the opinions from the drivers outside on the track, but it the end the stewards are the one deciding what happens, not the drivers. Sure, a driver can drive into the pits and abandon the race for himself if he feels it's to risky, but did a driver do this in the recent past?

Other than that, i'm all for a completely dry weekend to see the real performance of every team and their car. We have enough time for good wet races later in the season.

Nando

Pandabeer wrote:I don't think that modern race drivers are too scared to race in rain. It's the job of the stewards to decide if it's safe to race or not, they get the opinions from the drivers outside on the track, but it the end the stewards are the one deciding what happens, not the drivers. Sure, a driver can drive into the pits and abandon the race for himself if he feels it's to risky, but did a driver do this in the recent past?
I would say in most cases it actually is the drivers making that decision.

And it´s usually when Vettel, Hamilton, Raikkonen or Alonso comes on the team radio that a decision is being made whether to stay out or not.

of course sometimes it´s so obvious that the stewards make a decision but when it´s in the grey zone i believe they very much listen to those guys and what they think.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Hail22

Chance to chat with Daniel Ricciardo in 1 hour and 20 minutes after this posts time stamp:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motor-spor ... 6594801320

I've already submitted my questions :)

Tipping update top 5 Qualifying:

1. Lewis Hamilton
2.Fernando Alonso
3. Kimi Raikkonen
4. Jenson Button
5. Mark Webber
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Gerhard Berger

Neno wrote:

Interesting...So there are chances of rain ! Maybe there is some chances of not seeing a RB on pole after all ! ( A Mercedes to do the job? )
And what if Red Bull have great car on rain, and Mercedes one suck? Will Mercedes do the job then? I dont want to see any rain this year, rain *ucked up many good races last year (including malysia) and modern f1 drivers are to scared to drive on rain (with a few exceptions). Specialy I dont want rain on opening of season.
only 2 races affected by rain last season - Sepang and Interlagos. I doubt you'll find many fans saying these were boring races.

Hail22

More photos from Melbourne By Getty Images:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

CjC
CjC

Jesus, there's even afew grand in the pallets alone!
Just a fan's point of view

Neno

Gerhard Berger wrote:
Neno wrote:

only 2 races affected by rain last season - Sepang and Interlagos. I doubt you'll find many fans saying these were boring races.
Stupid rain messed up Monaco, Hockenhaim and Silverstone. Maybe race was not on rain but mostly because tires and weather conditions changed during Grand Prix, when last year cars were sensitive on every celsius and change of weather IT WAS.

godlameroso

I found this bit rather interesting

Also interesting was the fact the medium is like last years soft, and I'm guessing the hard is like last year's medium? So that would make the soft last years super soft, and the super soft like a theoretical super duper soft.
Last edited by godlameroso on 12 Mar 2013, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
Saishū kōnā

Hail22

Live blog with Daniel Ricciardo is now open!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motor-spor ... 6594801320

Turn 1 this morning, 9:27am local time and its already hot here! Tipped to be 37 degrees Celcius today!

Ricciardo replies to the question about Pirelli's tyres:
Daniel Ricciardo:
Hi Hail, they proved quite a challenge in winter testing. I think we're gonna have to wait till racing starts to see how they perform. But they have changed since last year and should provide more excitement. I expect quite a few pit stops!
He has his loyalties in check :) I admire that:
9:30

Comment From Hail F1Technical
If you were given the option for a seat at the following: Infiniti Red Bull Racing, Scuderia Ferrari whom would you sign with

Daniel Ricciardo:
Infiniti Red Bull racing

Gilles Villeneuve

korzeniow

Hail22 wrote:
Comment From Hail F1Technical
If you were given the option for a seat at the following: Infiniti Red Bull Racing, Scuderia Ferrari whom would you sign with
Daniel Ricciardo:
Infiniti Red Bull racing
how could he possibly answer otherwise? :lol:
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

Hail22

do you enjoy racing on the Albert Park circuit? Why Why not?
9:41

Daniel Ricciardo:
I enjoy it because it is quite a flowing circuit. I like all street circuits - it's a bit bumpy and for this you feel the car dance around a bit more, which is fun controlling!
Haha, Albert Park is truly an annoyingly bumpy track, he got it on the head!
9:50

Comment From Hail
Daniel, How do you feel going into this weekend? Do you feel both mentally and physically fit?
9:51

Daniel Ricciardo:
I feel very good - I believe my pre-season training campaign in Perth was my best to date. Hopefully I can start the season in the points.
Williams GP and more General Melbourne GP photos:

Gilles Villeneuve

n_anirudh

its a blistering 38C here, predictions are for a wet start to the GP on Thursday and we towards the weekend.

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/melbourne/st-kilda

Most drivers would arrive tonite, apart from Webbo n Ricciardo who are already here and are doing some promos.

For those following on social network:

https://www.facebook.com/australiangrandprix

https://twitter.com/ausgrandprix