Silly Season 2013/14

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy

Re: Who will replace Webber at Redbull?

would Kimi really want to leave Lotus where he is basically the number 1 driver to go and be the number 2 at Red Bull. Lets face it, once Webbers gone then whoever goes there will always be playing number 2 to Vettel.

WhiteBlue

mnmracer wrote:The one signal Red Bull sent to Vettel in Malaysia was "Webber can get away with things, but when you do, you are in big trouble".
That is quite a creative interpretation off the last race confrontation. In actual fact Red Bull did nothing to stop Vettel once he had passed Webber. If you want to listen to decisive comments from the pit wall you need to listen to Ross Brawn telling Nico in no uncertain words that he is to finish behind Hamilton. All the Red Bull comments were simply an exercise in damage limitation with the media IMO.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

mnmracer

WhiteBlue wrote:
mnmracer wrote:The one signal Red Bull sent to Vettel in Malaysia was "Webber can get away with things, but when you do, you are in big trouble".
That is quite a creative interpretation off the last race confrontation.
What actions did Red Bull take with Webber after he ignored team orders on three different occasions?
At the very least, they didn't go out and about in the media telling them Webber was wrong.

There's nothing creative about viewing those events.

turbof1

Webber will probably replace Webber. Yes he lives in animosity with his teammate, BUT he knows his car is damn fast, fastest of them all. Chances are big he will not get a seat elsewhere, left alone a race winning seat. He'll complain, he'll scream and shout how unfair Vettel's next move is, he'll defy Marko as much as he can, but at the end of the day he'll comply behind closed doors.
#AeroFrodo

Nando

Looking at past teammates,

Bourdais and Webber he will not want a top driver next to him.
Because when you get a brilliant car from Newey you don´t really want anyone else that can properly challenge you in the same car.

So i´m guessing cocooning for safety and possibly Vergne get´s called up. It´s the safest way for Vettel.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Morteza

I was thinking of a Red Bull-Ferrari swapping between Webber and Massa. I don't think any of those STR drivers are up to the task of driving for Red Bull. If it was to be chosen from STR, I would go for Vergne. Never thought of Kimi, actually. He is a very solid driver who is both consistent and fast. If they get Kimi, it is win for both sides.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

JimClarkFan

mnmracer wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
That is quite a creative interpretation off the last race confrontation.
What actions did Red Bull take with Webber after he ignored team orders on three different occasions?
At the very least, they didn't go out and about in the media telling them Webber was wrong.

There's nothing creative about viewing those events.
What actions have Red Bull taken with Vettel?

You don't sit in the meetings anymore than I do, all we see is what Red Bull want us to see.

All the important stuff takes place out of sight.

WhiteBlue

turbof1 wrote:Webber will probably replace Webber. Yes he lives in animosity with his teammate, BUT he knows his car is damn fast, fastest of them all. Chances are big he will not get a seat elsewhere, left alone a race winning seat. He'll complain, he'll scream and shout how unfair Vettel's next move is, he'll defy Marko as much as he can, but at the end of the day he'll comply behind closed doors.
That would be one logical outcome. Looking at the performance difference between Vettel and Webber the #2 status is deserved IMO. But Mark has been kidding himself for a long time and you cant's predict what will happen once that illusion ends.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

CHT
CHT

prince wrote:I would seriously recommend Jules Bianchi. The guy has shown what he can do with a sub-par car and has been beating his team mate black and blue. Although Ferrari protege, Red Bull should bring him in (same happened with Perez). To me, he seems like an ideal backup for Vettel if Vettel chooses to make a move sometime later. Better to be prepared than getting surprized.

That will make red bull driving academy look weak isn't it? I actually think Ferrari will sign bianchi next season.

Nando

I think Hulks next stop is at the men in red. Sauber is just a bus stop.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

JimClarkFan

Nando wrote:I think Hulks next stop is at the men in red. Sauber is just a bus stop.
I don't know where he is headed, but I strongly suspect he will be the next person to move up to a top team as well.

blokkie

astracrazy wrote:would Kimi really want to leave Lotus where he is basically the number 1 driver to go and be the number 2 at Red Bull. Lets face it, once Webbers gone then whoever goes there will always be playing number 2 to Vettel.
Maybe they should give him shares , or he could ask for them like he did at williams

reference : http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... irms_team/

FoxHound

As has been said, whoever goes will have to play second fiddle to Vettel.

Vettel is now ingrained in the Red Bull marketing machine, which also makes Torro Rosso largely redundant when you consider the raison d'etre of that team is to find the next Vettel.
Can you imagine if someone with the potential to rival Vettel, like for example say Antonio Felix Da Costa, going through the ranks at Torro Rosso only to be given a second rate deal to sit next to Vettel?

What's the point for Red bull? They may as well save the cash they burn on Torro Rosso and throw Crimson Bovines out of celestially strung air balloons. The effect would garner more attention that's a certainty.

If Vettel ups sticks, the caffeine concotuers can at least stump up millions to pry Hamilton or Alonso from their nests.
Either that and play the joker card in getting Kobayashi a seat next to a rookie like Da Costa or Bianchi....hmmm maybe a rejuvented Sutil?(don't see him buckling under Vettel too easy).

Webber leaving however is going to usher in a musical chairs of second rate proportions. My view is they will get a guy that follows instructions and doesn't back chat, just the way Marko and Vettel like it.
JET set

neilbah

Im wondering if both the Redbull drivers will go,
Webber to retire perhapse? I dont necessarily think he wants to but i wonder who would want him.

Adamski

di Resta would be perfect as second driver at Red Bull
Michael Schumacher: When you start out in a team, you have to get the teamwork going and then you get something back.