Caterham F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FW17

Re: Caterham F1 Team 2013

Tune and Air Asia not on the car!

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Earnard Beccelstone

WilliamsF1 wrote:Tune and Air Asia not on the car!
Check the nose for the Air Asia logo.

Can't see Tune group logo, but that doesn't mean that much, as Tony founded/owns it and the company is still listed as one of Caterham's major sponsors.

Maybe the livery will get some adjustments pre-Melbourne.

CHT
CHT

Earnard Beccelstone wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:Tune and Air Asia not on the car!
Check the nose for the Air Asia logo.

Can't see Tune group logo, but that doesn't mean that much, as Tony founded/owns it and the company is still listed as one of Caterham's major sponsors.

Maybe the livery will get some adjustments pre-Melbourne.

i think Tony might be diverting AirAsia and Tune advertising budget towards his football team QPR as the team is now more in need of money to fund their massive players signing recently.

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

stefan_

Alexander Rossi and Ma Qing Hua confirmed as reserve drivers

Alexander Rossi and Ma Qing Hua have today been confirmed as Caterham F1 Team's Reserve Drivers, joining Race Drivers Charles Pic and Giedo van der Garde in the team's line-up.

Rossi comes with a large amount of experience and success in junior formula. He will continue the development he has made with Caterham F1 Team since first driving for the team at the 2011 Abu Dhabi Young Driver test, and building on the Test Driver role he fulfilled in 2012, which included his F1 debut in the Spanish Grand Prix FP1 session.

As part of his 2013 Reserve Driver role, Rossi will be taking part in a number of FP1 sessions throughout the season, further adding to the experience he has gained with the team since 2011.

Ma Qing Hua is a new addition to the Caterham F1 Team roster and will drive in the Chinese Grand Prix FP1 session as part of his Reserve Driver program. In addition, Ma will be racing throughout the forthcoming season with Caterham Racing in the GP2 Series, giving him the opportunity to compete against some of the best young talent in motorsport while being fully integrated into the F1 environment.

Ma already has FP1 experience on his CV, having driven in four Friday practice sessions in 2012. He first competed in motorsport in 2005, in the Asian Formula Renault Challenge, and in Italian F3000. Since then he has competed in various series including A1 Grand Prix and the British Formula 3 Championship.

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal of Caterham F1 Team: "I'm very pleased to welcome Ma into our team. Alexander continues his development with us into 2013 and his promotion is a reflection of the investment we are making in him for the future".

"Ma joins us with previous F1 experience from 2012, and will play a key role in helping our GP2 team achieve their 2013 goals. We are looking forward to helping him develop his talents, both in the F1 and GP2 environments, and giving Chinese fans a figurehead to support on track throughout the year ahead.

"As Reserve Drivers, both Alexander and Ma will attend every race with us and will be driving in a number of FP1 sessions to continue their development. One of the main challenges facing young drivers moving up to F1 is the sheer number of people they have to interact with compared to any other level of their motorsport career. They go from a small number in Formula Renault 3.5 to more than 15 in F1 across engineering, performance, reliability, engine, KERS, strategy, communications and marketing.

"The program we have devised for Alexander and Ma will allow them to immerse themselves completely in the F1 environment throughout 2013, preparing them for the day when they take the next step up to the ultimate level."

Alexander Rossi: "After many discussions this winter with Caterham F1 Team regarding my 2013 program, today's announcement brings me even closer to my goal of racing in F1.

"2013 will be my third season with the Caterham family and I've built solid relationships within the whole team. My goal for the Friday practice sessions that I will drive this season is to fulfill the team's runplan for each session, work closely with everyone and learn as much as possible, always being ready for the next opportunity. As Caterham F1 Team's Reserve Driver I will attend all F1 events, allowing me to integrate fully within the team technically, commercially and from a sporting perspective in F1, best preparing me for the next step.

"I want to thank Caterham shareholders Tony and Kamarudin for their complete support and Team Principal Cyril Abiteboul for the trust he has placed in me to carry out these duties. I plan to make the most of this season and the opportunities afforded to me so I'll be best prepared for what comes next."

Ma Qing Hua: "I am very excited about joining the Caterham family and would like to thank everyone at Caterham F1 Team and Caterham Racing for giving me the chance to race in GP2 and to extend my F1 experience.

"Both teams have everything they need to keep growing in the right direction and I am looking forward to playing an important role in helping them achieve what they've set out to do this year. I know the fans at home will be really excited to see me race in GP2 and with the F1 work I also have ahead of me, China can be proud that it continues to have a driver involved in motor racing at the very highest level."
Source

raymondu999

While I have doubts about the ultimate talent and potential of Ma Qing Hua - being a Chinese myself, it's exciting that a Chinese national is coming close to the top level of motorsport :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_

Leendert82

CNN and Caterham F1 Team renew multi-year sponsorship agreement

CNN International and Caterham F1 Team have announced today that the leading international news network has renewed its multi-year partnership with Caterham F1 Team.

The sponsorship will see CNN's logo on both of the Caterham F1 Team cars, as well as the drivers' overalls, and signals the fourth year that CNN has sponsored the growing Anglo/Malaysian F1 team.

Rani R. Raad, Chief Commercial Officer for CNN International: "Our partnership with Caterham F1 Team provides CNN with a powerful worldwide marketing platform and we're delighted to continue the alliance of two aspirational global brands. As a forward-thinking company this sponsorship plays to the heart of what CNN is all about, engaging new audiences and exploring new affiliations beyond the traditional or the expected."

Cyril Abiteboul, Team Principal, Caterham F1 Team: "This partnership will provide us with a comprehensive platform allowing us to deliver additional exposure for the team and its sponsors through CNN media platforms worldwide. We also look forward to welcoming CNN and their partners to the races to further promote F1, Caterham F1 Team and develop real B2B opportunities."
Last edited by Leendert82 on 28 Mar 2013, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

Leendert82

Caterham F1 Team has announced that Hari Roberts has joined the team as Head of Aerodynamics.

As Head of Aerodynamics Hari will be working closely with Technical Director Mark Smith and Performance Director John Iley. He brings with him a wealth of aerodynamic, trackside and simulation experience from his previous roles which includes working with Jordan, Renault F1 Team and, most recently, Lotus F1 Team, giving him the perfect platform to play an important role in Caterham F1 Team's long-term plans to challenge for honours in Formula One.

Mark Smith: "I am delighted that Hari has joined our team, particularly as his appointment extends an excellent working relationship that I have had with him over many years with teams including Jordan and Renault F1 Team. He gives us more senior leadership in a critical area of the team's development and it is another sign of our shareholders' ongoing commitment to our team's growth that we have appointed someone of Hari's calibre to the role of Head of Aerodynamics.

"From a starting point of zero just over four years ago Hari now joins a team of over 120 very talented people in our Technical Office. We have also invested in such core areas as our dedicated model shop at Leafield, the ongoing development of our High Performance Cluster (HPC), which powers our CFD and design functions, and our driver in the loop simulator - all of which give us the tools needed to fight with the most famous names in motorsport in years to come."

Hari Roberts: "I am excited about the challenge that lies ahead with Caterham F1 Team and I am delighted to have renewed my working partnership with Mark, and started a new partnership with the whole team. Caterham F1 Team has the potential to grow into a serious force in Formula One and I am looking forward to playing an integral role in helping the team fulfil its potential."

stefan_

Sebp

With Kovalainen coming back I was wondering if it was his ramblings about how slow progress at Caterham was had been the real reason why he was dumped. What kind of sponsor-backing do Pic and van der Garde have respectively?
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

nacho

Kovalainen as their FP1 driver really emphasizes the absurdity of current F1. They are paying their most experienced and probably fastest driver driving for friday practices trieing to make sense of their car and updates, so that their less experienced and probably slower drivers would do better in races. :wtf:

CHT
CHT

nacho wrote:Kovalainen as their FP1 driver really emphasizes the absurdity of current F1. They are paying their most experienced and probably fastest driver driving for friday practices trieing to make sense of their car and updates, so that their less experienced and probably slower drivers would do better in races. :wtf:
I am guessing that caterham is putting Heikki back into the driver seat. This fri fp1 will be used for Heikki to familiarize himself before the Spanish race.

Gridlock

Bye-bye Guido...