Silly Season 2013/14

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mx_tifoso

Re: Who will replace Webber at Redbull?

chepoi wrote:to many fanboy opinion. hope that the moderator delete all of it. don't just choosing one fella than the other one fella...
What does the bolded part mean??
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

gandharva

From other teams: Kimi, because he's a friend of Seb and it would be a great PR stunt for RBR.
From RBR: Vergne or Ricciardo (flip a coin or more likely: Depends on how Helmut has slept on the day of decision).

SilverArrow10

Its going to be Vergne or Ricardo, no one else is even in the fold for that seat. Its the whole point of having Torro Rosso on the grid.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

dave34m

WhiteBlue wrote:Massa could go to Red Bull and Webber to Ferrari if Alonso pulls the strings.
Dont really think Alonso would want to lose his bitch though, imagine the stink that Webber would have created if they pulled the gearbox trick on him.

Gridlock

This myth that Fernando and Mark are bestest friends forever (and more specifically that this affects the driver market) needs to die - when it was put to him, Webber said he'd never even eaten socially with Alonso, this was about 8 months ago.

Nando

Hopefully it´s Kimi.

Sure STR is supposed to breed talent but that´s only if there´s talent in the first place.
Obviously Vergne and the other guy is talented but they are looking for the next Vettel.
Might be wiser to take on Kimi if Webber decides to call it quits.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

raymondu999

SilverArrow10 wrote:Its going to be Vergne or Ricardo, no one else is even in the fold for that seat. Its the whole point of having Torro Rosso on the grid.
Nando wrote:Sure STR is supposed to breed talent but that´s only if there´s talent in the first place.
I disagree. The point of Toro Rosso is not to breed talent, but to find talent.
Hopefully it´s Kimi.
I would absolutely love to see that too. My rational head though says that we won't. What motivation does Kimi have to leave Lotus? For the first time in a long while he's happy with his F1 team - and the car's not exactly off the pace either.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gridlock

raymondu999 wrote:What motivation does Kimi have to leave Lotus? For the first time in a long while he's happy with his F1 team - and the car's not exactly off the pace either.
Race-winning pace, yes.

Championship contender pace?

I think it says a lot that he's driven for both McLaren and Ferrari despite professing to despise the 'other' side of the business. Guy knows you have to go 1 of 2 places (arguably 3 now, but in 2014?) to be a WDC.

Nando

raymondu999 wrote:I disagree. The point of Toro Rosso is not to breed talent, but to find talent.
you get the idea.

raymondu999 wrote:I would absolutely love to see that too. My rational head though says that we won't. What motivation does Kimi have to leave Lotus? For the first time in a long while he's happy with his F1 team - and the car's not exactly off the pace either.
He wants to win, if Lotus can´t provide that then he will either leave F1 again or jump to a better team.
I believe it all hangs on what Lotus can bring to the table this year. One win will not be enough imo.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Clew

gandharva wrote:From other teams: Kimi, because he's a friend of Seb and it would be a great PR stunt for RBR.
From RBR: Vergne or Ricciardo (flip a coin or more likely: Depends on how Helmut has slept on the day of decision).
Highly unlikely. No reason for him to leave Lotus.
“Championships are won in the first half of the season, not just the second half” Raikkonen

munudeges

It has been mooted for some time but Raikkonen almost certainly won't go to RBR now. He's too much of a danger to Vettel.

Manoah2u

grosjean to redbull alongside vettel,
kubica in the grosjean seat.
webber out.

or kubica takes the webber seat,
webber goes to lotus.
grosjean out.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

tarzoon

Manoah2u wrote:grosjean to redbull alongside vettel,
webber out.

webber goes to lotus.
grosjean out.
Didn't Kubica say he'll never manage to drive an F1 car again?

I'd like to see Kobayashi back in f1
Last edited by tarzoon on 02 Apr 2013, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

beelsebob

tarzoon wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:grosjean to redbull alongside vettel,
webber out.

webber goes to lotus.
grosjean out.
Didn't Kubica say he'll never manage to drive an F1 car again?
He said he can't do single seaters right now, but is improving all the time.

CHT
CHT

Forget about Kubica for now. Even if he managed to get back, there is no guarantee he will still have the pace.