Marussia MR02 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
rich1701

Re: Marussia MR02 Cosworth

Bianchi is flattering that car a bit, he's better than most of the drivers at the back half of the grid, in fact I think he is a future world champion.

Forza

China GP - Friday - 12/04/2013

Huntresa

rich1701 wrote:Bianchi is flattering that car a bit, he's better than most of the drivers at the back half of the grid, in fact I think he is a future world champion.
Couldnt agree more, he is driving like 20% above this cars actual speed.

aral

350matt wrote:thing is the marenello engine option is probably going to be a fair bit cheaper than a merc deal and they're going to need every penny they can get as their current budget of 40 mil won't stertch to the 18 mil thats touted for a merc engine deal
Don't FIA have a set price for engines to be supplied?

Huntresa

gilgen wrote:
350matt wrote:thing is the marenello engine option is probably going to be a fair bit cheaper than a merc deal and they're going to need every penny they can get as their current budget of 40 mil won't stertch to the 18 mil thats touted for a merc engine deal
Don't FIA have a set price for engines to be supplied?
FIA doesnt have anything, and i dont think RRA sets any actual limits on the engines or anything else, just the limits on ppl and testing etc

raymondu999

rich1701 wrote:Bianchi is flattering that car a bit, he's better than most of the drivers at the back half of the grid, in fact I think he is a future world champion.
Or Chilton (who I personally never rated) is flattering him.

I'm not saying Bianchi is bad - but I'm saying that all we know is that Bianchi is much better than Chilton.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Petroltorque

Personally I don't feel Chilton's tenure at Marussia is that strong even with his Father's backing. Of the present young talent not yet driving in F1 I think Da Costa, Frigns and Valsechi deserve seats.

ringo

Does this car have FRIC suspension?
I was hearing talks on it in free practice.
For Sure!!

CHT
CHT

raymondu999 wrote:
Or Chilton (who I personally never rated) is flattering him.

I'm not saying Bianchi is bad - but I'm saying that all we know is that Bianchi is much better than Chilton.
pace aside, so far Bianchi has not really put a foot wrong so far, especially if we compare to all other rookies.

stefan_

Bahrain 2013 - Thursday (18.04.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

turbof1

Looks like they added a vertical flow conditioner on each sidepod at china. The simple design really works out for them; they understand the car and now can get into more complex vortex generators and flow conditioners.

A shame though their resources are so limited, being obvious by the fact they keep bringing the simpler FW, which they never use, along for spare parts. If they had the caterham budget, they would have been up there along williams.
#AeroFrodo

LotusF1

Huntresa wrote:
LOL. these comments are the best. if he can do it then the car can as well.....
write some serious stuff please.

turbof1

Hmmm...no, the phrase still is technically correct. He is saying "like...", which implies it "looks like/it gives the feeling or illusion".
#AeroFrodo

Huntresa

LotusF1 wrote:
Huntresa wrote:
LOL. these comments are the best. if he can do it then the car can as well.....
write some serious stuff please.
Yeah just like the Ferrari last year could aswell, or wait it couldnt it could just do it with Alonso, just like Bianchi can but Chilton cant.

Forza

F1 Bahrain GP - Friday- 19/04/13