F1technical v6

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

F1technical v6

Hi,

Seems like I'll have more time after my examinations, and I'll be more busy with f1technical for sure. I can say I've been busy (now the progress is temporarely discontinued ;) ), on an article that discusses wind tunnels in F1.

I have also planned some changes about the site itself, and therefore I would very much appreciate your feedback.
If you have any suggestions, things you would like to see change, things you find totally unnececary or that really should be here, please let me know!

As this is an open forum, everybody can reply, so please do :wink:
Thank you
Last edited by Steven on 12 Sep 2005, 11:21, edited 3 times in total.

spiderzig

F1 Tech

Hi Tomba,
Thank you for a promising F1 site. This is my first visit, but not my last. A veery well laid out site, and highly informative. Best wishes.
spiderzig :D

Steven
Owner

thanks m8 !
hope to see you here back more often...

new site coming up, although still a few months of work I'm afraid

arisen

Hey Tomba,

I have the FIA 2003 Technical Regulations in PDF format, if you want to put it on the site.

Beostar

if you go tru fia.com you can d/l all those pdf files including all appendixes.

I'm still looking for the appendix mentioned in rule 8.4 of the techincal rulebook.
8.4 Marshal information display :
All cars must be fitted with red, blue and yellow cockpit lights the
purpose of which are to give drivers information concerning
track signals or conditions. The lights must be LEDs each with a
minimum diameter of 5mm and which are fitted in order that they
are directly in the driver’s normal line of sight. Details of the light
control system, which must be fitted to every car, may be found
in the Appendix to these regulations.
This would be very interesting if I found it.
But thats just off topic.
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

akbar21881

the new lay out looks promising.Keep up the good work Tomba.I like the way you put the discussion section and news section, as more news can be viewed.When we will see the site in this new layout,Tomba??

Hi
This was the best technical side of f1.
But why are right clicks on images disabled. :evil:
I understand you don't want to see your articels on other sides, but you are not the owner of the pictures.
Or have you taken the pics yourself?
Most of them are copys from f1-live.com.
I'm colecting photos of f1 cars, to make cad drawings.
So, please let my copy your pics, and this side will bee the best again. :cry:

hi can someone tell me where i can find articles about the revolucionary rotarys pneumatics shock absorber? an what is your opinion

Steven
Owner

right click has been disabled especially to not allow copying of the cfd images. the others are indeed most from f1-live, they have all credit for it.

However, CFD images on this site are unique, and we don't want them copied on 2415 other sites, that is why.
I'll have a look at this thing to enable right click in the forum again, although not in the technical articles.

cu

Irvingthien

I think the most interesting topic on this site is the race update. I would love to see more race updates .The "All cars ever" topic is cool too.

SpeedTech

Tomba any chance of being able to do something about scrolling from left to right in the forums. :roll: it is so annoying :x :wink:

Steven
Owner

the explanation is very simple, and not a thing I can do much about:

some people include/post very big images, so the page can't fit on your screen. Arisen has a very big signature too, which also includes the need to scroll pages.

sorry for the problem, but I can only ask to take care of not posting extremely large pictures.

I can however say results in google for f1technical have increased to 1500 results, where a few weeks ago it were 100. This brings much more visitors here, so I have to start finding a way to finance the thing, since it's gonna cost me more. Anyone who thinks he knows an interested firm or something, let me know!

Greetz,
Steven DG

hardhgear

More Technical Information

Hello Tomba,
Actually since i have jioned this forum i didn't left even for a day it's full of info about a lot of things but i would like to find more technical information about the car like it's dimension and so on. And some times i didn't find the picture or the link for it like the topic of (CFD - Computational Fluid Dynamics, Motorsport, Formula ) .
so keep working and i wish you find the good for every thing.
:D :D :D :D
One of the most important benefit of
CAE Software is that we're approaching
The area of zero prototype Engineering
http://www.mabdelmoniem.netfirms.com

Steven
Owner

F1T today...

thanks hardgear, I noticed you are quite active these days ;)

Unlike me unfortunately... I'm doing a combined year at school with lots of things on purpose so that I would have more time next year for site and thesis (and girlfriend ;) ). So there's an explanation of the current lack of updates.
However, I did lots of work in sept/oct for version 7 and I will continue that when things slow down a bit. I got examens in 3 weeks so that has to be done first.
Any ideas are as always welcome ;)

Greetz and thanks for the support,
Steven De Groote, aka Tomba 8)

hardhgear

wish you good luck in your exams.Best wishes
I have Machine design exam after 3 days
One of the most important benefit of
CAE Software is that we're approaching
The area of zero prototype Engineering
http://www.mabdelmoniem.netfirms.com