RSS feeds - are you using them?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

RSS feeds - are you using them?

Hi,

as you know there's a number of RSS feeds of f1technical, and while I know some think they're something from the past, many still use them, including me.

Anyway, I wanted to poll if you guys use them. And if so, do you use those of f1technical? And what reader are you using?

Our feed page http://www.f1technical.net/pr/get-the-latest.php gives a few outdated subscription options, so I'm looking to update those.

Thanks!

Pierce89

Re: RSS feeds - are you using them?

I quit rss a couple years back. I don't even use them on my phone anymore.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Saribro

I'm an avid RSS user (though not on this site, as I visit it multiple times daily anyway).
I'm even using it more and more, as I no longer have to constantly check countless sites and try to spot new stuff when I can just as well get informed of it and receive a direct link no less. (It cuts down on wading through ads too.) The sites I visit regularly, and specially those where I comment or use the forums, are not usually in my RSS list. As I mentioned, I already check/use them regularly, no need to be informed again.
I've generally used my mail clients to check RSS, as I consume RSS and mail in a similar fashion. At the moment, that means using Opera Mail. (not M2 in the Opera browser, the stand-alone mail-client RC as they are removing mail from Opera 15 (Next) and on).

hollus

You should add a poll if you really want to see percentages. If there is already a poll, I cannot see it. I am a no, by the way, never used RSS in the first place.
Rivals, not enemies.

Ganxxta

Using it everyday with Firefox' LiveClick addon.

Checking all my news pages in 3 minutes for latest news is very convenient :D

Just_a_fan

Not an RSS user.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Caito

Never used RSS
Come back 747, we miss you!!

flynfrog

I use them in that they update my ighome homepage

Jersey Tom

Actually only started doing RSS recently. I do kinda like them in that I can setup Outlook (which I have open all the time) to bring them all in.

Still learning stuff you can do in Outlook.. beats the hell out of using an ancient version of Lotus Notes at the previous gig
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Kiril Varbanov

Been using RSS for years, different readers, all were crappy to some extent, until the very recent one as Chrome app - RSS Feed Reader.
Still, I find it quite time-consuming to take care of yet another bunch of unread notifications, so I've subscribed to mail articles wherever that was possible and ditched the RSS altogether.

I read F1T every day, so I don't really need notifications :)

tomislavp4

Not at the moment but I'd like to start using it again in the near future, I like RSS. I need to find a good reader that suits me and is native on Windows 8 first. Currently I use Twitter as a temporary replacement.

Steven
Owner

Well I used to use google reader, but since that is shutting down I've moved onto feedly.com . I can very much recommend this one, it has apps for each browser and works well. A LOT of former google users have switched to them, and they have made great strides in recent months.

Anyway, feedly tells me there are 16K subscribers to our news feed ;)