2013 German GP - Nurburgring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

2013 German GP - Nurburgring

2011*

Tyres - Medium (prime, white) and Soft (option, yellow)

2012*
Winner - Fernando Alonso (Soft - Medium - Medium)

Winner - Lewis Hamilton (Soft - Soft - Soft - Medium)

2007 pole lap - Kimi Raikkonen
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHs2lXCudSc[/youtube]

*2012 race held at Hockenheim, not Nurburgring
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Sombrero

Re: 2013 German GP - Nurburgring

Get ready for another crappy tyre race...

SamH123

Vettel wasn't great here in 2011..
I wouldn't expect any significant pecking order changes given the track looks similar-ish to Silverstone?

gray41

Lewis likes this track and with Mercedes looking so good he could be on for his first win with the team.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

WhiteBlue

SamH123 wrote:I wouldn't expect any significant pecking order changes given the track looks similar-ish to Silverstone?
I can't agree with that point. Silverstone is massively different to Nürburgring. The German track is much slower and puts a lot less energy into the tyres.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

turbof1

Too small a timeframe to change the tyres, but Pirelli has been ordered to have a meeting with the teams on wednesday and need to have a concrete proposal. Source: James Allen.
#AeroFrodo

raymondu999

gray41 wrote:Lewis likes this track and with Mercedes looking so good he could be on for his first win with the team.
Lewis was mighty in 2011 but I don't think you can classify 1 scoring finish out of 3 attempts "liking" the track
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SamH123

WhiteBlue wrote:
SamH123 wrote:I wouldn't expect any significant pecking order changes given the track looks similar-ish to Silverstone?
I can't agree with that point. Silverstone is massively different to Nürburgring. The German track is much slower and puts a lot less energy into the tyres.
Sure, my comment was just a question really, this track isn't on the F1 2012 game :(
It just looks quite sweepy to my untrained eye

Mika1

gray41 wrote:Lewis likes this track and with Mercedes looking so good he could be on for his first win with the team.
I don't know anymore what Lewis has to do to win a race, maybe praying.
The boss follows me on twitter.

godlameroso

WhiteBlue wrote:
It's true that the majority of the lap is dominated by low speed corners but there are some fast sections. Turn 5 and the Schumacher essess, as well as turn 11 are very quick. To do good in the Nurburgring you need a car with good breaks, and a good balance because the track is neither front or rear limited. Another thing that makes this track very tricky is the fact that the apexes are not obvious.

I don't think we'll see the same problems we saw in Silverstone, tire wise, this track punishes you for using the kerbs in all but three places.

I think Lotus can do well here, however if Mercedes has gotten on top of their race pace they will be hard to beat.

It would be the ultimate irony, Rosberg a german wins Hamilton's home race, and Hamilton a brit wins Rosberg's home race.
Saishū kōnā

Racer X

Yes agree or Another one for Ros and perhaps Mercedez closing in on RedBull. It's possible. If they keep getting their car to every GP in the form it has been. Mercedez did well bringing in all the Changes they did. Ros and Ham wow what a team.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

stefan_

Hope Pirelli sorts things out or we'll end up seeing this
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

SilverArrow10

Teams are not going to block a change in the tires do you think that the tires can be changed in time for Germany? With teams threatening to boycott they may need to get a move on.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

banibhusan

Looking at Alonso's race performance pattern (he performs well on every alternate race) for this season, I am predicting:

1. Alonso
2. Lewis
3. Vettel

SiLo

Hamilton pole and win.

Unless Pirelli change the tyres so much that all the teams have no idea how they react and we end up having a Caterham win. Stranger things have happened!
Felipe Baby!