2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

Tyres - Hard (prime, orange) and Medium (option, white)

2012*
Tyres - Medium (prime, white) and Soft (option, yellow)
Pole - Lewis Hamilton
Winner - Lewis Hamilton (Soft - Medium - Medium)

Tyres - Soft (prime, yellow) and Supersoft (option, red)
Pole - Sebastian Vettel
Winner - Jenson Button (Intermediate - Supersoft - Supersoft - Soft)

2012 - Lewis Hamilton
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--spPMU3kLQ[/youtube]
Last edited by raymondu999 on 08 Jul 2013, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SamH123

Re: 2013 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring

I'd say the prime hard tyre is orange but I'm being quite pedantic :D

Lotus have already expressed their unhappiness that the hardest tyres were chosen but it is only about the same as last year considering the tyres are softer this year

Wouldn't laybig odds on another VET/RAI/GRO podium!

SilverArrow10

This is Hamilton Territory much like Canada. So much will depend on tires and track conditions though. I can hope, think this and Singapore are his last good chances for Victory's.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Juzh

SamH123 wrote:I'd say the prime hard tyre is orange but I'm being quite pedantic :D

Lotus have already expressed their unhappiness that the hardest tyres were chosen but it is only about the same as last year considering the tyres are softer this year

Wouldn't laybig odds on another VET/RAI/GRO podium!
Except this is the hardest curcuit to overtake after monaco, so mercs could hold onto lead quite well on those hard and medium tyres. maybe...

iotar__

After Pirelli's weird tyre choice all bets are off. Fixed number of pitstop, hard to overtake, mid-slow corners circuit, mediums and hards = it should be a blast. Even with the "new" tyres and after Silverstone test.

Qualifying on mediums and track layout should help Mercedes a bit. Where are they going to squeeze the second DRS zone?

Mika1

SilverArrow10 wrote:This is Hamilton Territory much like Canada. So much will depend on tires and track conditions though. I can hope, think this and Singapore are his last good chances for Victory's.
Even if Hamilton's pole lap is one second quicker, it doesn't matter with their race pace. I hope the new tyres will help Merc, otherwise I don't think Hamilton/Mercedes will win here.
The boss follows me on twitter.

SectorOne

He just needs that ridiculous launch out of last corner like last year. Nobody was even close to him in that corner last year.
Seeing as traction is one of the strengths it will either work beautifully or too good causing excessive rear deg/wear.

Should be a very interesting qualifying, i´m guessing it´s another Merc/Red Bull battle once again.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

godlameroso

It gets quite hot around this time of the year, Lotus all the way.
Saishū kōnā

Neno

godlameroso wrote:It gets quite hot around this time of the year, Lotus all the way.
how many hot races did we have this season? one or two, we have godamn rain somewhere in every weekend so far...monaco, canada, silverstone, australia, sepang, barcelona. We had only two fully hot dry weekends, China (it's not even hot, only dry) and Nurburgring, it even for short time fell rain in Bahrein this year :? you can't expect win championship or fight for driver title with car who depends on weather conditions....

TheGkbrk

Vettel will win this one as well. Getting ridiculous.

Clew

TheGkbrk wrote:Vettel will win this one as well. Getting ridiculous.
Getting boring :(
“Championships are won in the first half of the season, not just the second half” Raikkonen

Neno

Clew wrote:
Getting boring :(
he will probably win this, that guy is perfect. he always but always rid competition on start or as today in race, as his car is in most cases fastest and reliable (maybe most reliable car behind Kimi in E21), as he always even in bad weekend he finish in top 4, which he can thanks to his pitwall (as always getting fast and right strategy calls). i didnt see from schumacher/ferrari combination such perfection during 20 races in season. only thing whicj can stop him from winning 4th championship in row is either engine or gearbox problems. i am saying this is as guy who hate vettel and red bull...for same reason i hated schumacher/ferrari and started cheers for Renault and today Lotus Team as former Renault team. what i hate most is domination of one team.

raymondu999

SamH123 wrote:I'd say the prime hard tyre is orange but I'm being quite pedantic :D
Indeed it is!! Thanks, fixed :lol:
Well consider that they might be able to one-stop the race though, while others have to two stop. Otherwise it might just be Soft-Medium-Medium (others) vs Soft-Soft-Medium (Lotus) - ie they might be able to cut a pitstop, rather than just getting the advantage of being on the quicker tyre.
SilverArrow10 wrote:This is Hamilton Territory much like Canada. So much will depend on tires and track conditions though. I can hope, think this and Singapore are his last good chances for Victory's.
In terms of driving - Canada, Hungary, Singapore were probably Hamilton's best chances. Whether or not his tyres hold out over these layouts though is a different situation entirely.
iotar__ wrote:Qualifying on mediums and track layout should help Mercedes a bit. Where are they going to squeeze the second DRS zone?
Into Turn 4 (blind left hander at the start of sector two)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MOWOG

The problem with having the race dates so far apart is it leaves us with very little to chat/argue/pontificate about in the interim. :cry:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

WhiteBlue

Why is it ridiculous? They have obviously once again designed the best car and he is a good driver. Where is the problem if he wins? If your preferred driver and team work harder they can match Red Bull/Vettel. Or would you prefer balance of performance in F1?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)