Live racing centre

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Re: Live racing centre

The original idea of that chat was to enable easier and quicker conversation during race and practice sessions. It also enabled us to prevent some in-race posts in the race thread, as a forum is rather not meant to post live commentary.

I believe that this purpose is fulfilled well. Race threads are shorter and people can communicate much easier than before. It was to be expected that it would include some fanboy drivel, but then again, I think there is no shame in supporting your driver when on track. To me there's a clear distinction between talking as the action goes on, and discussing afterwards when things can be looked at in a more calm and slower way.

It also needs to be said that Sunday's chat was the most troubled so far this season, but that's only due to one hothead in particular. This has been dealt with.

iotar__

Re: Live racing centre

Racing comments section (live or not) can be as any other part good or bad. It can be emotional as long as it's civil and based on facts. Instead of whining you should add some quality contribution and make a difference. Tip the balance in the right direction if you can be bothered. Yeah we know, internet and human race is not nice.

Live commenting is another story altogether, emotional factor is higher, I used to enjoy it as something that added to the experience of watching F1, part of the crowd bit.

GrizzleBoy

Re: 2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

Webchat is full? :'(

Steven
Owner

Re: 2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

GrizzleBoy wrote:Webchat is full? :'(
I stumbled upon the same problem just before the race.
It should be resolved now, so fingers crossed for the Spanish GP!