Toyota TF107

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
dumrick

A bit disappointing car, very conventional, all in all. Zero keel, more rounded and drooping nose, very conservative sidepod inlets, although with what seemed to me as HUGE chimneys.

manchild

Tom, unless you wanted to see another TF106 evolution launched from Cologne you didn't miss a thing.

dumrick

manchild wrote:Tom, unless you wanted to see another TF106 evolution launched from Cologne you didn't miss a thing.
And to see it for -what?- 4 minutes? - after one hour of blablabla :D ???
I'm working, so the sound was turned off and just switched that window to check if the car was already being shown, otherwise it would have been really annoying.

manchild

This pic shows that reason they've used rim rings was same as Ferrari's - they are letting hot air from brakes inside (below the lowest wing blade)

Principessa

Check the gallery for pictures...I'll be uploading a lot of them
http://www.f1technical.net/gallery/v/To ... 07+launch/

and check the news as well!

Technical specs: http://www.f1technical.net/news/4627
news: http://www.f1technical.net/news/4628

allan

what a disappointment!!
every year i expect them to learn from the previous one, but....
i wish i haven't woken up this early to see the launch
damn it!!!

Sawtooth-spike

Wow this car is hardly looks like its going to change the world. They have change the Little wings on there front wings to the same as people have been running since 05. Looks tighter, but still Ugly.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

kilcoo316

zac510

Why does everybody instantly think that revolution is superior to evolution in the scheme of building a Formula 1 car?

Sawtooth-spike

True,

But to be honest this car looks like the car they should of put out last year.

Its got Very small Barge boards infront of the side pods and the Sculpting of the side pods, looks odd. Maybe the picture i am looking at
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

kilcoo316

zac510 wrote:Why does everybody instantly think that revolution is superior to evolution in the scheme of building a Formula 1 car?

No such thing as a revolutionary design, its always an improvement on the previous baseline. Why re-invent the wheel?

That revolution talk is just PR BS.

BreezyRacer

You guys are rude and a bit too quick to judge!

Take a look at the diffuser .. that's different from anything we've seen yet and study the keel to sidepod area. It's more open by a lot than any car I've seen. It's almost got a barge board type of profile and aero wise it's very clean there. If you've been following the development cycle Toyota did last year yiou know they spent a lot of time and effort on this part of the car. This design is really a big change.

I urge you to look at it again and consider the packaging that they did to make that possible. To me it looks like quite an evolution. My main concern would be that they won't have enough cooling.

kilcoo316

Big one here:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... LAG/C4.jpg

The splitter/bargeboard config looks similar to the old Jordan 199.

dumrick

BreezyRacer wrote:My main concern would be that they won't have enough cooling.
Yeah, that is a really tight rear...

Steven
Owner

Well, I'm sorry to see to much dissappointment.

My first thought of this car is that Toyota has really put in a great effort in this car, contrary to last year where the car appeared to be suffering from a very unusual launch schedule (remember the introduction of zero keel suspension at the end of 2004).

This time, it's a nice car, the nose looks very smooth and a little lower at the front than it was, while the rear is incredible. Compared to last year's car, this looks very sleek.

We obviously don't know yet what to expect from the other teams, but I suspect this may be a very good year for Toyota (despite a somewhat minor driver lineup).