McLaren MP4-22

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sawtooth-spike

Nice Find!!!!

You sure ur not a spy? or Maybe JAck Bower?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

manchild

Worse evolution than Toyota :(

They must be very sure about quality of last year's aero :roll:

Biggest disappointment so far :( I mean MP4-21 was curvy and all but leaving it almost intact is disappointing (or Ron's way to say "blame Mercedes for 2006")

dumrick

Triple front wing mountings (the conventional two are attached to the first flap and there's a central mounting to the - extremely forward curving - main plane)?
Twin central mountings for the upper plane of the rear wing,
There's a new interpretation of the sidepod shields that are on top of the sidepod and attach to the chimneys. The sidepod wings seem different, also. It seems that, instead of narrowing the sidepod like the current trend, they have designed its lower end like another aerofoil shape.
I think it's a nice, clean aero car. Maybe the biggest evolutions are underneath the body...
Last edited by dumrick on 15 Jan 2007, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

manchild

Yep, perhaps aero of MP4-21 was really amazing and Mercedes was crap so they only tweaked it a bit.

JimmyK

Hmmm, initially I thought this was a ruse or smth, looked unbelievably like the MP4-21 on first inspection, but I suspect the bodywork will be changed significantly before the start of the season.

ONE FINAL EDIT:

I'm really not keen on those overalls...
Last edited by JimmyK on 15 Jan 2007, 23:36, edited 4 times in total.

Iciano

Not the prettiest car Ive seen - it lookas a bit, i dunno....brittle ?
The sidepod shields are interesting though

dumrick

There's in fact no conventional flip-up on the sidepods. Instead, they are designed integrally in an aerofoil shape and connect in the rear to the winglets.

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/4662

More pictures will follow later this evening in the gallery :wink:

tetopelis

is it just me or are all the teams playing coy with us on the design of thier new car..hahaha..ferrari,mclaren and toyota..i think the car we see now is merely for launch sake and would be starkely different come the start of the season.hmmmm
" If you want to win, get a Finn" - Hakkinen

Sawtooth-spike

i can sum this car up in 3 words

IS

THAT

IT?

What have they been doing? And what is up with the Overalls.

Manchild can you use you magical powers and put the 2 cars next to each other so we can play spot the differance.

I am feel like for christmas this year instead of a Xbox 360 i got pong.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Principessa

I thought I was the only one hating the overalls.....Alonso looked so much better in the mild seven blue!
The new overalls of mclaren are really ugly!

About the livery of the MP4-22, I have to say that I really like the colours, especially the vodafone red at the side of the car

allan

well, i donno if they're fooling us, but from where i sit (on my pc), it's the exact same mp4-21 but with vodafone colors! and one additional curve :wink:

zac510

Most of you guys here seem to spend so much time on F1 sites, waiting desperately for the launch that you can only be disappointed when the car finally arrives!

I'm looking forward to hearing from Scarbs what's underneath the skin :)

Saribro

Yeah, the livery is good, the overalls are an utter disaster.

tomislavp4

Something is wrong with them all!!! They are the same (I mean the apearance, I´m sure that there is improvement under the body pannels) Anyway I can´t wait untill tommorow, the unveiling of the new BMW...