McLaren MP4-22

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
tiago Figueiredo

I think that's a nice car. The rear looks different from last year car. The exhausts are different... i hope that this car is more faster an more reliable than last year....
Tiago Figueiredo

Principessa

I like the new Vodafone Mobile phones though. Alonso and Hamilton will be seen with this beauty in the paddock often this season I believe :wink:

i70q7m7ghw

Hey thats more interesting than the car :P

yin
yin

maybe i have diff taste than you guys,i think the mp4/21 is already a good looking car,but the mp4/22 lively is even better....... :shock:
IMO This car looks better than F2007......
(sorry don't blame me,we just got diff taste..)

tetopelis

i agree with yin...the more i look at it the more i like it...the thing i can't help notice is how clean the car looks..it dosen't have all the flip ups here and there..and it looks to be the most sculpted of the cars that has been launched so far..body curving and direction of this car is amazing..and is it just me (and this is really bugging me) or is the back of the car much tighter and lower then the back of the MP4-21..cos the exit point of the exhaust is conspiciously suggestive..hmmmm
" If you want to win, get a Finn" - Hakkinen

yin
yin

tetopelis wrote:i agree with yin...the more i look at it the more i like it...the thing i can't help notice is how clean the car looks..it dosen't have all the flip ups here and there..and it looks to be the most sculpted of the cars that has been launched so far..body curving and direction of this car is amazing..and is it just me (and this is really bugging me) or is the back of the car much tighter and lower then the back of the MP4-21..cos the exit point of the exhaust is conspiciously suggestive..hmmmm
thanks :D i think we are the only people who thinks the MP4/22 is beautiful,i think the orange/red part on the sidepot is the best part of the car,IMO the vodafone logo on the McLaren is way better on the Ferrari. :)
And people say that their race suit is ugly,but i don't think that looks that bad,i think at lease McLaren try to do something that other team had never do before,at lease better than Toyota,they almost never change their lively(from TS020 to TF107)
i have never been a fan of Alonso or uncle Ron,but i think i will cheer McLaren during next season.
Again,this is my option,don't blame me... :)

tetopelis

this is a question outta curiosity..cos i dabble in events in my country..how much do you guys think it would have cost Mclaren and vodafone to have a launch like that in valencia..its huge..and ideas of a figure?

i70q7m7ghw

Don't get me wrong lads the car is a work of art, but it was a work of art last year... I was looking forward to something new :cry:

tetopelis

hahaha..don't worry disel..its just a point of view from yin and myself..i still love the car all the same..biased mclaren fan..:P..but i just think that either the general trend of it being that the rules are not alowing that much change in the car aero..or all teams are being very secretive..since the major gains in the car i gonna come either from aero,suspension, or gearbox..since everything else has been lock down..cos the BMW car; i just saw the pics..looks equally unchanged bar a few details here and there...i think we are only gonna get a gauge of all the cars come season opener

leomax

Few HQ's

dumrick

After looking the hi-res shots, sorry about my comments on the shape of the sidepod and on 3-mounting front wings... :oops: :oops: :oops:

mep

Have a look at the picture where alonso is looking at the rear of the car.

Under the exhaust there is over the bottom plate a black spot
in the silver.
It looks like they have a hughe hole there in the cover
which lets air out and guides it pass the vertical
plate to the rear.

Is this new?
Or when did they introduced that?
I always wondered why they have this vertical plate but with the black
spot beeing a hole it makes sence.

Spencifer_Murphy

The vertical turning vane is used to condition airflow to the back of the bar, to channel it in and around the gearbox more efficiantly. I think the cooling hole has been there for a while. Its a method of removing hot air from the sidepods that some cars have been using for some time.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

nudge

tetopelis wrote:this is a question outta curiosity..cos i dabble in events in my country..how much do you guys think it would have cost Mclaren and vodafone to have a launch like that in valencia..its huge..and ideas of a figure?
a figure i read was 4 million euros.
but you have to bare in mind it quite likey the city didnt charge all they could have...seeing it was for spains national hero

johny

also the comunitat valenciana paid a part