McLaren MP4-22

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
nudge

Jason wrote::shock: Very aggressive diffuser indeed!! Also, where is SIEMENS? have they stop sponsoring Mclaren? :?:
yes

yin
yin

nudge wrote:
Jason wrote::shock: Very aggressive diffuser indeed!! Also, where is SIEMENS? have they stop sponsoring Mclaren? :?:
yes
i think siemens is a major competitor of vodafone and Mclaren signed quite a lot sponsor this year :)

leomax

HQ's from test at valencia

BreezyRacer

leomax wrote:HQ's from test at valencia
Great hi res pics. Did you take these?

Unlike a lot of cars no louvers. It looks like they exit some hot air over the rear side diffusers, which I haven't seen before. With really just that smoke stack for the radiators and a little opening around the exhausts we might see some overheating.

joseff

So I was wrong... Alonso is testing the Montoya/de la Rosa front wing.

pRo

DarkSnape wrote:today in valencia, Alonso engine has blow up.

http://www.autosport.com/gallery/photo.php/id/64137
Alonso said that it wasn't the engine, but oil tank.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Spencifer_Murphy

I know that Alonso is testing the alterbative wing, like the one JPM used last year. But is that the nose from the MP4-21 on the car? Look at the pylons that support the wing, they attach to the main plane and not the first of the two flaps (like on the MP4-22 that we saw at the unvieling)

Is this just that the wing is mounted further back in relation to the nose? Or is this the MP4-21 nose?
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

m3_lover

McLaren have already said they have a major aerodynamic upgrade coming in mid-February.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

dumrick

If you look closely, that nose doesn't even match chassis contour. So, I guess it's MP4-21's...

chepoi

since the group of designer who build MP4-20 is the same group who build MP4-22, i do believed that the nose will be wider like MP4-20. Anyhow we have just waiting for the major aerodynamics revised in mid-february....
we'll see...

GTO

Good eye dumrick!

Venom

The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

manchild

They are exchanging TF107 pic :lol:

Ranald

dumrick wrote:If you look closely, that nose doesn't even match chassis contour. So, I guess it's MP4-21's...
That nose is definately not from the 21. In fact it differs considerabley from the nose of the 21. The most obvious change is the mounting point of the wing. It is mounted to the vain rather than the main plain and attached considerabley higher up the nosecone. But most importantly the nose section has to pass more stringent crash tests, as do other parts of the car. So unless last years nose met this years requirements they will have had to design a new nose.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

i70q7m7ghw

He's talking about the nose they used in testing... read more of the topic?

Look... http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... a94yv2.jpg