Renault R27

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
vyselegend

FFS get rid of the orange bits here and there!

Just the orange lion was enough for ING's visibility. I think it's best for a sponsor to put their name on a beautiful car than trying to put as much as possible of their colours, to the detriment of beauty. Beauty in itself doesn't make a car faster for sure, but it is good for image. I'm sorry to repeat myself, but look at the FW28 of 2006. It had a disapointing season but still Allianz were satisfied, I even read somewhere that the estimated this campain was a good return of investment and were happy with it. How explain it?

The car was photogenic, that's all.

-end of rant-... for today.

manchild

Awful livery :(

mx_tifoso

It is the most hidious thing on the planet !! they should have kept the livery they had during winter testing, it was much better, but now its one of the ulgiest cars on the grid, and the overalls just make it so much worse,
this season is not a good year for liveries
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

waynes

i'm sorry to say but that Renault livery is truly awful

reminds me of the old Minardi liveries for some reason

zac510

Is this a tech forum or a fashion forum? Who cares about the livery.

What about the new reprofiled radiator inlets, the sidepod mirror studs, the lack of 'gills' for a cooling outlet, the wider nose, etc.

f1.redbaron

zac510 wrote:Is this a tech forum or a fashion forum? Who cares about the livery.
True, but you can't get past the ugliness of it. At least I couldn't. The second I saw the pictures, I went to see the comments, and sure enough, it seems that many people share the same thought.
---------

I've got a question about all these new modifications...In terms of rules, nothing much has changed since the last season (except for the engine rule). So why is everybody expecting some drastic changes (this is the layman in me asking)?

Sawtooth-spike

We talked about all the Tech stuff in the test pics. (with that good look test car)
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

johny

lot's of technical stuff has been discussed so why not a 2 or 3 pages break with some fashion talking. erm talking about fashionless renault r27 livery

wowf1

Talking about the way a livery communicates with fans has just as much to do with F1 as the technical side. It might appear an 'arty farty' aspect of the sport, but it's actually how the sport survives!

I too agree, worst ever livery on an F1 car (including that BAR).

However, it all depends how much bunse ING has coughed up. If it's in the region of £100million, then they can pretty much expect to tell Renault what colours to paint it.

As a general rule, I think 3 main colours is the maximum a team should use on a livery. The same applies to clothes incidentally lol.

i70q7m7ghw

They could have made those colors work, but their designer is clearly the laziest man on the planet. He just took a picture of last years car and went at it with is crayons...

This does not look like a car design by champions - well the car looks superb, the livery is a joke.

bhall

I can't stop laughing.

That is the ugliest livery I have ever seen. It looks like all the characters from Sesame Street got together and threw up all over the car.

Saribro

You're all idiots :p.
The overalls suck, I'll grant you that, but the car looks great. So it's very different to last year or the turbo-age Renaults, but it still looks great.

waynes

Saribro wrote:but it still looks great.
agreed, the actual shap of the car is very very very nice

but seriously, the livery is a shocker

RACKITUP

mingING

Front looks good though

Principessa

I loved the mild seven livery, but I have to say that I like this one too. Of course they have their sponsors to think about and they have to respect their colours...but I like it! (Just the race suits I don't like)

The car looks great! And I'm convinced that it will be another good season for Renault, maybe they won't win a championship, but they'll do well!

Don't forget to check all the news and interviews I've put online in the newssection. Of course I've also put online the technical specifications...this site isn't named f1TECHNICAL for nothing :wink: