Google Chrome

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Richard

Google Chrome

A couple of users have reported problems browsing this page with Google Chrome. Has anyone else had problems?

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... start=3030

CBeck113

Re: Google Chrome

Nope, not with Chrome - not even with IE7, which we still have at work.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

flynfrog

no issues here

Chrome Version 27.0.1453.116 m

countersteer

No Issues here...

Version 28.0.1500.95 m

Dyanxx

Seems fine for me.

wesley123

No issues here either (Version 29.0.1547.49 beta-m)
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Kiril Varbanov

richard_leeds wrote:A couple of users have reported problems browsing this page with Google Chrome. Has anyone else had problems?

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... start=3030
No, but what was the problem? Was that the almighty "Aw, snap"? If yes, it's likely related to the Forza's post, which is including a picture from http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com - a site with problematic layout, slow-loading popup ads. Chrome is sometimes very picky when loading external content.

Tested under W7 and Android tablet.

Steven
Owner

Well the site is mostly tested with chrome and firefox so i would be surprised of it's anything blocking. In any case, error reports are very welcome, but please post a screenshot or link and specify what is the issue. That will ease things a bit ;)

Richard

The report said
Chrome prevented me visiting the previous page of posts on a post at the top of this page.
I have now clicked the link given in this post & Chrome gives me the message again - saying don't go to this link because it has been infected with malware.
So it seems to be the external image that Kiril noted.

Kiril Varbanov

richard_leeds wrote:The report said
Chrome prevented me visiting the previous page of posts on a post at the top of this page.
I have now clicked the link given in this post & Chrome gives me the message again - saying don't go to this link because it has been infected with malware.
So it seems to be the external image that Kiril noted.
That seemed like the most possible reason. I went back to my old cyber-forensics days, though in a very simple fashion, just to find out that the site has incorrectly implemented banners and external calls - visiting the main page takes about 1000 HTTP requests and around 3MB traffic done in few seconds.
Looks like the host or one of its partners may have been compromised, as there's one alert for Trojan on August 13.
http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diag ... n-auto.com

So, it's a private case.

timoteyth

In my case, one big problem I noticed with f1.com on Chrome is that the initial Flash animation is not working. At least not always. Refreshing the page won't work. All I get is a black screen and the actual content of the website is not displayed at all.
One problem could be that Flash is not installed on Chrome, but as you might know, it is installed by default. So that is not the problem.
When this happens I visit the website with IE 10. This has never failed.
P.S. By "initial Flash animation" I mean the one that emulates a vertical loading bar, from 0% to 100%, that you can "skip" or "skip always".

wesley123

That loading bar requires JavaScript to function. So if you have JavaScript blocked by chrome or an extension like NotScripts which is set to block JavaScript by default it will not work.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

timoteyth

I am pretty sure that is not the problem, as the animation sometimes works and sometimes it does not. And the behavior changes during one day. Just to clarify the situation, I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with might computer, it happened on more than one computer. The bandwidth is also highly unlikely to be a problem.