Honda RA107

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
i70q7m7ghw

What picture are you looking at? It looks like a no-keel :S look at the mount for the upper wishbone... and its got its mirrors in the standard place :S

lol???

Sawtooth-spike

yeah mirrors are in the normal place

and those 2 bumps on the top of the nose say to me that its a zero keel. the thing that worrys me is that Even toyota have managed to make the top of the nose flat where as honda have 2 lumps up there.

Can anybody make out what they have done with the front wing, cus its just a black blob to me. i Like the nose, looks Agressive. And they have finaly under cut there side pods.

Looks like loads of works been done on the flips up on the back 2, not very clear, i am sure we will see more when we get better pics.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

m3_lover

ThomasFredrickSmith wrote:I see Honda have copied Renault's new sidepod-mounted mirrors (or were they copied from Ferrari?). Wonder how many other teams have thought of that?
looks like to me..they are on the top of nose cone?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Timstr

A studio shot:

Unlike last year's car, the track rod is now integrated with the upper wishbone.
The shoulder wings are more integrated into the chassis.

[img:799:533]http://www.hondaracingf1.com/images/gal ... 61_800.jpg[/img]

RACKITUP

some very aggressive sidepod winglets

Sawtooth-spike

it looks like the side pods really Fold back into the body. The Side pod things... Axes or what ever people have been calling them, are massive, They look like they have design the side pods around them.

I like the nose but the but the front wing looks like they have not done alot of work there.

How dare they paint the car black, you cant see anything clearly.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/gallery/v/Ho ... 07/Launch/
Pictures are as always to be found in our gallery. More to come... :wink:

You can't see a lot on the car...as it's black.

Technical specs: http://www.f1technical.net/news/4749
Technical specs engine: http://www.f1technical.net/news/4750

Steve Wilson

There are some hi-res pics on Honda F1's site, but as Principessa said, because the car is black you can't really see any of the detail. Having said that the back end looks very tight, looks like they've done a good job so far.

I suppose we'll all have to wait for the new livery to really see what the car looks like :)

i70q7m7ghw

[img:600:400]http://images.f1racing.net/large/67469.jpg[/img]

Broke down on the first lap.... ROFL

Principessa

When Barrichello wouldn't have run some laps yesterday without problems it would have been completly ridiculous :P

Poor Jenson, couldn't test for 2 weeks due to cracked rib and now his car is cracked :P

Tom

Don't know if someone s already mentioned this but that rear wing...
seems very unusual to me, the lower plane is so small and it appears to be completely supported by those two Indy Car stalks, in fact does the whole of the back of the car not look very Indy to you?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

waynes

Honda has used the 2 stalked wing support before if i remember correctly

i70q7m7ghw

It's the angle and the color... crank up your brightness, its basically last years rear wing but with slightly different spacers.

Tp
Tp

Wow Honda must have some serious problems with air management around the sidepods, look at the size of the sidepod vanes!! But this is probably because the RA07 has no bargeboards, unlike ferrari or Renault for example.

joseff

But look at the size of those sidepods! Wow. It'll either win races or break the car.