Red Bull RB3

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
bhall

Red Bull RB3

Here a couple of pics of the rear end of the new Red Bull.

They've adopted the Ferrari rear-view mirrors. And the sidepods, not surprisingly, appear to be exactly what McLaren runs. Aside from that, I can't really see much.

m3_lover

Bhall...I dont where you get these from but all I got to say is
[IMG:395:356]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/ ... _rocks.jpg[/img]

You got to tell me your secret?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

GianlucaZ19

now the 3rd team with Ferrari-style mirrors~

Saribro

GianlucaZ19 wrote:now the 3rd team with Ferrari-style mirrors~
Not suprising, just look at a frontal shot of the R27, you can't get much cleaner than that.

ak21_krao

hey guys check out its rear wing.unlike last year they have gone for the renault type rear wing.
its surprising because it was newey who created that mclaren type wing which red bull used last year.now he has changed the design.
i think mclaren should have a look at it.....

ak21_krao

check the exhaut outlet also.
looks similar to last year's mclaren.

Steve Wilson

Can't wait to see some proper pics of this, the sidepods look so nicely sculpted.

Sawtooth-spike

I know there will be pics on here soon, and i dont have the time at work to put them on here.

Its a lovely looking car, but it really does look like the Mclarren in 2004-5, which is no bad thing.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

i70q7m7ghw

It looks alot like a McLaren but with a few influences from Renault. Beautiful looking car though, and it really looks the business, I wonder how fast it will be.

m3_lover

Yes very Mclaren

Triple Plane front wing..thin nose... sidepods sculpted like the mp-21...Renault wing with the middle of the wing moving upwards..Ferrari Rear View Mirrors and the twin pylon for the rear wing. I really like it... If you look the major teams like Renault, Ferrari, BMW, Honda and Red Bull have all concentrated on packaging the car for more aero efficency.
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Sawtooth-spike

Could it be a Zero Keel?, or did they stick with the V keel. The Why the lower part of the suspension goes upwards makes it look like a no keel to me.

The nose is not as low as the old mclaren. Its a very nice car, wonder how it will do with cooling :wink:

They have got 2 good driver, so lets hope for big things
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Principessa

m3_lover

I guess Metro is in and Hangar 13 is out.. looks like Rauch is still there... One thing though that is curious is they don't have a mid wing on the air box like all the other teams? I wonder if somebody can do the half and half picture. One of the car from last year and the new one..like somebody did in the mclaren mp-22 thread.

Also new race suit design..looks like a lot of sponsors on them
Last edited by m3_lover on 26 Jan 2007, 12:02, edited 2 times in total.

Sawtooth-spike

good point, the air box looks further back as well.

So far the only 2 teams who have not got side pod wings (axes, whatever they are) are red bull and mclaren.

RACKITUP

yeah that airbox is very far back, very interesting,

so its a McLaren with a reliable engine....perhaps it hasnt quite got the infrastructure as McLaren, but redbull could seriosuly be outpacing Macca this year