Honda RA107

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ginsu

Sawtooth-spike wrote: I have given up looking can somebody help me, cus its annoying me.

If it is the RA106 then why are they running it, they had 2 RA107 Chassis lastweek
It's been really confusing, but they've been running both cars during testing. Not sure why though.
I love to love Senna.

i70q7m7ghw

Rossiter has been using the old care, he's a rookie so clearly they don't want him to go destroying one of the two new chassis they have. I'm sure they have a few more on the production line...

PNSD

ginsu wrote:
Sawtooth-spike wrote: I have given up looking can somebody help me, cus its annoying me.

If it is the RA106 then why are they running it, they had 2 RA107 Chassis lastweek
It's been really confusing, but they've been running both cars during testing. Not sure why though.
Why did they use the cars during post-season testing?

And that is your answer.

But there are additions.

Why waste a perfectly USEFUL chassis? ;)

Timstr

A revealing pic of the RA107 packaging.
The radiator has been installed in a different way compared to last year.

zac510

Nice find timstr, very interesting layout!

ginsu

A revealing pic of the RA107 packaging.
The radiator has been installed in a different way compared to last year.

Makes sense to me, lowers the center of gravity and allows the hot exhaust air to convect easily from the back of the radiator and into the cooling vents. I like it.
I love to love Senna.

GTO

Some questions:
Is that gold tipped thing (seen behind the radiator) the end of the exhaust pipe? If so, it's positioned quite low with little or no angle of exit relative to the suspension arms. There's got to be an extension piece (missing in this pic) which will direct the exhaust up higher away from body & supension components.

What is the black capsule shaped object in front of the rad?

What is that hair dryer like object with red & white buttons?

The Honda rad, exhaust & side pod internals looks quite compact, however their side pod bodywork does not look very sculpted & compact when compared to RB, Renault, Mac & Ferrari. Maybe it's because it can't be seen completely due to black paint job & huge side air deflectors.

joseff

I'll take the easiest one... the hair dryer thing is an air compressor for cooling when the car isn't moving.

GTO

I don't see source or air or cooling medium. The cooling fans seen used last year were much bigger c/w dry ice. Is that just for track use? Ok. I'm guessing because the car is in the pit complex they have a source of cool air already & it is supplied by that thin 1/4" black tube, which I thought was elect. wire.

i70q7m7ghw

You cant see anything from there, the opening for the incoming air could be on the top of the thing... tbh it is an air compressor for cooling, we have seen them dozens of times before...

RH1300S

GTO wrote:What is the black capsule shaped object in front of the rad?
My first thought was fire extinguisher - but that's a daft place to put it! It would be nice if it was still attached to the car after an accident!

So, maybe it is something to do with the pneumatic valves (I hope Honda use pneumatic valves!).

magueto

I was looking the picture in question, but this picture is not showing the layout of radiators, to me is more the CF side crash structure than a radiator, the shape of the CF make it looks like a radiators.

One thing that impress me is how low the exhaust package is, at least one of the exhaust tube must be seating almost flat on the floor of the car.

Behind and almost under the "pneumatic bottle" there are a lot of check valves and connections, interesting.

Just my opinion :lol: :lol: :lol:

m3_lover

Marco is back next week... I think Honda is really keen on getting him in F1 maybe even for 2008.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Timstr

Could this be permanent? or are they waiting for new parts.
No winglets before the rear wheels (Bahrain)

joseff

Williams seems to be doing ok without the multiple winglet setup they had in 2006.

I still can't get over how tiny and low the sidepods are on the Honda. The huge turning vanes create the illusion of large sidepods, masking the shape of the 'pods.