Spyker F8 VII

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ThomasFredrickSmith

Spyker F8 VII

Remind you of anything? To me it looks reminiscent of the old 'Walrus nose' Williams FW24 (from a head-on perspective at least). Could anyone enlighten me as to the aerodynamic advantages of placing the front wing struts in such a position?

Thank you.

ThomasFredrickSmith

i70q7m7ghw

What mounted to the first element of the front wing? like everyone else? lol

Looks a standard position if you ask me, the nose is a bit longer than most other cars though.

zenvision

don't know if this might help you, i got it from autosport, if you need a bigger version ask me. Doesnt look like a Walrus nose although I would love itif it would return, honestly I found it nice. Seems more like a Red Bull nose to me.

[IMG:800:533]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8384/36215975lj8.jpg[/img]
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

f1.redbaron

A quote from Gascoyne:
"already we've doubled our aerodynamic resources with a second wind tunnel and dedicated team in Italy."
Second wind tunnel? Am I missing something? When did they get the second wind tunnel?

Principessa

I've put that online in a newsarticle. They are renting a windtunnel in Italy, they didn't built it themselfs.

ss_collins

they are using the aerolab tunnel in Italy and also Lola's tunnel in Huntingdon though thats only a temporary measure.

I've got a few pics from the launch that I'll do something with in the morning - the keel area is quite interesting.

ss_collins

ss_collins

sorry crap pic - was a bit of a scrum

these picsare free to use as long as you credit http://www.racecar-engineering.com

Spyker MF1

Are there any high def pics of the gorgeous looking car (that won't stretch at all on a 19in monitor)?
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php

ss_collins

yeah Spyker will put some out

allan

wonderful looking car...
considering the team's unstability, and small limited budget, it seems that they worked hard during the winter..
if u consider last years car compared to the one befor it, this one seems to have many more upgrades..
i hope it performs as well as it looks :wink:

erikf1

Oranje boven oranje boven..... :lol:

Sorry I was talking Dutch for a moment

Nice car :twisted:
Overtaking is an art

Sawtooth-spike

How is this a Zero keel?

When you look there are 2 big lumps where the wishbone joins to the chassis. Its a Twin keel.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

dumrick

Wow, that must be the worst finishing in a F1 I've seen for years... are there any matching parts?
The keel concept looks like Red Bull's, an evolution of the primitive double-keel concept by Arrows. Also looks a lot like the M16, only Red Bull ventured in a radical change in design.

Saribro

The nose is pretty different, sidepods have been significantly reshaped. Overall it still looks a bit 'clunky', and the rear isn't nearly as thightly packaged as most other teams.
The livery is quite allright.
It'll be interesting to see what the update later in the season will bring.