Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
raymondu999

Racing games

What racing games do you play and why? Any good new games around?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CMSMJ1

Re: Racing games

Grand Prix Legends - nothing else since 1999

I am stuck in my ways...
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

turbof1

Not the most serious racing game, but from time to time I do a round on need for speed carbon. Some of the circuits on it do pose a challenge.
#AeroFrodo

slimfitcasual

F1 2013:
http://youtu.be/h7S4JoLImlY

Forza Motorsport 5 (when it's released on the 22nd):
http://youtu.be/__6lyUbBdWM
Per ardua ad astra

SectorOne

Assetto Corsa tech preview for now, beta will be released shortly.
If you want to race against other players in a sim this is the holy grail of simulation.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Kiril Varbanov

Some PS3 F1, I think it's called Championship edition 2010 or something similar.
The machinery is connected to three pedals setup with Logitec paddle shifter steering wheel and projected on a wall 3x2 meters. Not bad, but I still prefer lightweight (900 kg) Ford Puma around a real track, M3 E46 or kart racing.

Morteza

I have GT5 on PS3. My brother and I have played it so many times we cannot even look at its cover anymore :mrgreen: Now we are waiting for GT6 which is going to be released on December. On PC we play F1 2013, Grid 2 and NFS Most Wanted (the new version). NFS Rivals is also coming in only a few days.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Alonso Fan

Geoff crammonds grand prix 3, nothing beats it, not even f1 2013.

nothing will ever beat it except grand prix 2, or grand prix 4, depending on your taste

i play a slightly 'updated' version.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Shrieker

Crammonds games are excellent, but not perfect if it makes any sense :) I think i played his games more than any other - be it racing sims or some other genre. Grand Prix Legends with it's 1965 mod is fantastic too. However, the best racing game/sim i ever played is iRacing hands down. I never experienced anything like it. I did not move towards upper tiers but even in rookie championships it's a great great game to play, tons and tons of fun. On two wheels GP 500 reigns supreme, and it's a huge shame it has remained undisputed for fifteen friggin years...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

turbof1

I'm more a Need for Speed kind of guy :P.
#AeroFrodo

rscsr

rFactor2
not necessarily a game, but more a hardcore sim

Alonso Fan

Yeah, rfactor is good as well. I'll have a look into iracing
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

neilbah

Been through all the Grand Prix series on PC and i loved the 1979 mod. Gp4 is one game where the setup of the car was actually very adjustable with realistic effects on the car handling. Its a shame it lost out to the Arcade physics F1 games...

I currently play GTR2 with a hell of a lot of mods-about 80GB worth and it takes a while to load. Theres lots of F1 seasons available, some better than others and theres still a fair amount of online multiplayer going on. Rfactor probably has the lead from what i hear with more development now.

Alonso Fan

I have gp3 2013 mod and a 2014 one is in production, courtesy of all the guys at grandprixgames.org...
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sebp

My favourite was GP4 with the 1991 mod. Never heard a better engine sound in a racing game. Needless to say I always played Senna. :D
Played all the others from the series aswell. All excellent at their times.

Apart from Crammond's games, the ones I enjoyed most were Gran Turismo 3 and 4 on the old PS2.
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.