Caterham F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gridlock

Re: Caterham F1 Team 2013

CHT wrote: the application you mentioned above [Ed: Aerospace] are all highly competitive and matured industry dominated by many well funded establishment.
Like GE and EADS/Airbus, for instance? :wink:

http://www.caterhamf1.com/partners

CHT
CHT

Gridlock wrote:
CHT wrote: the application you mentioned above [Ed: Aerospace] are all highly competitive and matured industry dominated by many well funded establishment.
Like GE and EADS/Airbus, for instance? :wink:

http://www.caterhamf1.com/partners

They won't be there if not for airasia multi billion dollar contract for new aircrafts and engines. A token sponsorship if you ask me.

CHT
CHT

Leendert82 wrote:
CHT wrote:There is a thin line between being ambitious and trying to reinvent the wheel. Tony doesnt have any track record of success in sports, neither do Caterham. The only success they have is blowing hot air about all the grand plans.

From Lotus F1, acquire Caterham, QPR, producing sports car with Alpine Renault, and now yachting. Who is bank rolling these ambitious plans? Who big is Caterham? what have they achieved? There is no news of a new Caterham 7, QPR is relegated and Caterham F1 is now 11th running 2 pay drivers.
* Caterham is a newly bought over company by Tony Fernandez and he has a plan to put Caterham on the map in different area's. The Caterham Car business is expecting to grow, especially now with the combination of Renault Alpine and the new and improved Caterham Seven 485.
* News about the New Caterham Seven 485 was launched on May 2nd 2013.
http://life.caterham.co.uk/news/fastest ... e-launched
* QPR is indeed relegated but Tony is not giving up on the team like many other business man would do. He's staying at the club and fighting to be back in the premiership.
* Caterham is working its way into the Aero business which Tony has positioned himself great with the partnership of Airbus/AEDS.
* The Sailing business is indeed a bit risky, however this is another group which has close connections to the F1 world. It attracts a whole different group of people which most of them are high class. This is an opportunity for Caterham instead of costing too much.

Back to Caterham F1 team, Tony himself has mentioned before that Caterham F1 team would only cost money and would need to be sponsored by the other Caterham businesses to become a long term sustainable F1 team.
I have read many of Tony's grand plans for QPR, Caterham Lotus etc etc, after awhile you know that what this guy is saying are often too good to be true. Sometime it is better to just watch what they are actually doing instead of listening to what they say they want to do.

Tony is a rich individual, but I doubt he is foolish enough to continue pouring his own money into businesses where he cant even see the lights at the end of the tunnel. F1, football club, automotive are all highly competitive business that burn huge amount of cash, so I doubt a small company like Caterham will have the resources and money to remain in this business for too long.

CHT
CHT

Caterham now is trying their luck on Le Mans and oh yes, a new Racing Academy; perhaps to recruit pay drivers?

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

CHT
CHT

Was just watching the press conference today. Tony has pretty strong word on cost cutting.
Certainly doesnt give me the impression that he wants to continue in this sport if the team doesnt progress next year.

CHT
CHT

if they dont get back 10th place by this weekend, I am sure they will have to.