Williams F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SectorOne

Re: Williams F1 Team 2013

Williams stealing two guys from Lotus and Red Bull, Dave Wheater and Shaun Whitehead.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/19019

3 guys by now has left Red Bull´s aero team if i´m not mistaken. Maybe these are the first few signs of the fort showing it´s cracks.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mikeerfol

SectorOne wrote:Williams stealing two guys from Lotus and Red Bull, Dave Wheater and Shaun Whitehead.

3 guys by now has left Red Bull´s aero team if i´m not mistaken. Maybe these are the first few signs of the fort showing it´s cracks.
McLaren signed another aero guy from Red Bull, but I can't remember his name now.. #-o

Sevach

Besides Prodromou?

Lotus situation is even worst however, lost tech director, head of aero to Ferrari and now deputy head of aero to Williams.

lio007

mikeerfol wrote:
SectorOne wrote:Williams stealing two guys from Lotus and Red Bull, Dave Wheater and Shaun Whitehead.

McLaren signed another aero guy from Red Bull, but I can't remember his name now.. #-o
1. Shaun Whitehead to Williams (left RBR in June 2013)
2+3. Peter Prodromou + Dan Fallows to McLaren (but both are still at RBR)

Writinglife

I wonder how much of Red Bull's Aero departures are down to the constant "Adrian Newey" hype. We can't deny the man is a genius, but it must be slightly galling to work under him and get no credit. Plus the inevitable desire for some to run their own department and not be in his shadow.

Shakeman

Writinglife wrote:I wonder how much of Red Bull's Aero departures are down to the constant "Adrian Newey" hype. We can't deny the man is a genius, but it must be slightly galling to work under him and get no credit. Plus the inevitable desire for some to run their own department and not be in his shadow.
Was thinking the very same when the news broke. I suspect it is the latter rather than the former that prompted the moves and no doubt rather large offers of dough.

Good for Williams, would love to see them get back in the mix.

Jonnycraig

Writinglife wrote:I wonder how much of Red Bull's Aero departures are down to the constant "Adrian Newey" hype. We can't deny the man is a genius, but it must be slightly galling to work under him and get no credit. Plus the inevitable desire for some to run their own department and not be in his shadow.
Same as in any job. Sooner or later you are going to at least consider a promotion and if you are an senior guy in the RB aero department, your options are to wait for Newey to retire, or move to another team.

Sevach

Waiting Newey to retire is a bad move imo, you can only loose from that position, either you win because of your "inheritance" or you loose because you ruined it.

About Williams, what happened to the Smedley thing?