Honda RA107

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
i70q7m7ghw

joseff wrote:http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/24/is-t ... ew-livery/

With speculation that Google Earth might be the sponsor.
The photo was first released at RealHondaF1.com and speculation that google earth might be the sponsor also originated there a few days ago.

I can also tell you that this picture is a fake, its a CG job. Look at it, no bodywork seams, bridgestone logo is naff, the point at which the pushrod enters the nose is just faded out...

manchild

Thats what Renault should have done - let pics of new livery "leak" and after hearing even fans saying "this is awful" redesign it before official launch... :lol:

Principessa

I don't like the livery. The pictures made by some creative persons before with the British Petrol livery looked better! But this....this is one ugly car :P

bhall

manchild wrote:Thats what Renault should have done - let pics of new livery "leak" and after hearing even fans saying "this is awful" redesign it before official launch... :lol:
I'd be willing to bet that everyone at Renault is as happy as a lark at not having the ugliest car on the grid anymore.

On TV, this car is going to look like it has mold.

johny

wow that's a different livery, dunno if it'll be the deffinitive one or not but it's one that people can't talk about and that's a good thing. By the way, i like it :D

f1.redbaron

I hope that's a joke!

monkeyboy1976

This is all very interesting isn't it? F1 going all eco friendly. Honda have stolen a march here maybe? Simon Fuller is certainly doing different things.
The website works now by the way. http://www.myearthdream.com/
I suppose it will all kick off tomorrow (EDIT: just seen that it's 27th Feb now) there at some point.

Good see something different. Good old Honda. Hope the car does better than it has been in testing so far though.

johny

but the real one will be simmilar, the web works. But their launch is tomorrow isn't it?
Last edited by johny on 25 Feb 2007, 19:47, edited 2 times in total.

joseff

Crash.net now runs the pic from the autoblog story, which I submitted. No mention of f1technical.net though. Booo...

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~PIC--H ... 143702.htm

manchild

I've read somewhere that it was idea by some new guy they hired who worked with Spice Girls before.

f1.redbaron

manchild wrote:I've read somewhere that it was idea by some new guy they hired who worked with Spice Girls before.
Yeah, Simon Fuller.

monkeyboy1976

johny wrote:but the real one will be simmilar, the web works. But their launch is tomorrow isn't it?
I think you are right actually. Car today and eco campaign tomorrow I suppose.

http://www.hondaracingf1.com/en/index.p ... 791&type=1
Via the websitewww.myearthdream.com, anyone who wishes, will have the opportunity to have their name on the car, make a pledge to make a lifestyle change to improve the environment and make a donation to an environmental charity. Under the concept of “our car is your car”, each name will form a tiny individual pixel which will help build the image of planet earth on the car. Each name will be visible on the website when you make the pledge or under a microscope on the car.
:roll:

DaveKillens

Fantastic marketing for Honda to go the eco-route, and I applaud them for it. Now I wonder, just what the driver's livery will look like. And SA, hmm, will they unveil a similar theme?

allan

one word, FUGLY!
i can't imagine it racing....
i was wondering, what if an engine blew up in one of the races? Then we'd have a cool cloud of co2, CO, NO, and SO2 coming out of mother earth Honda.
cool, eh?

Sawtooth-spike

i cant make up my mind if i like it or not. Its so Radical that i cant decide.

Marketing wise its great, very smart idea. Its a good concept. i have to admit, i will be putting my name on there, probably something about tree hugging or something :)

I think i will make up my mind when i see it on TV.

Hey one thing to remember is that aleast you will be able to tell the differance between it and there teams. Unlike last years "oh look its another white and red car!"
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!