Honda RA107

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
furnik

ill tell you what theyve just reveild it as official. and its gonig to confuse the you know what out of everyone on there new aero bits.

[IMG:150:115]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1749/hondaf1vl8.th.jpg[/img]
Last edited by furnik on 26 Feb 2007, 15:21, edited 2 times in total.

monkeyboy1976

I have a feeling that this may backfire on them.
Will be interesting to see what the environmental groups around the world have to say about.
Think of all the environmental damage a grand prix does. Not jus the cars going round but flying all the kit a crew around the world etc.. etc..

Sawtooth-spike

monkeyboy1976 wrote:I have a feeling that this may backfire on them.
Will be interesting to see what the environmental groups around the world have to say about.
Think of all the environmental damage a grand prix does. Not jus the cars going round but flying all the kit a crew around the world etc.. etc..
I see your point, but i think most multi-national companys who are "going green" all still fly stuff around the world. I terms of burning fuel i think the amost of fuel burned in an F1 season is a drop in the ocean compared to Ships which guzzel down tons and tons of fuel.

Slighty off topic but aleast F1 is trying to look green in the next few years. I dont see many other motorsports doing the same thing.. yet. Toyota and honda are really pushing there Enviromental side so i would put money on them spending silly money on Green power in the coming years.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Steve Wilson

IMO it's irrelevant how much pollution Honda are causing. The fact is that their advertising campaign is gearing to raising awareness in the general public about these issues. If you think about it this way, all the people that they get to donate money, and think more carefully about the pollution they're causing should override by a long way the pollution that one Formula 1 team is producing.

I can see people will have grounds to argue against this, but think of it another way, Honda were going to be racing anyway, and if they weren't some other team would, but at least they are still striving to reduce pollution worldwide and using their position to do this. I would have thought that Honda will be losing money by not having any sponsors on their car...

monkeyboy1976

I am by no means saying that Honda pollute recklessly.
My point was that this might now open Honda up as bit of target for the environmentalists. I hope it doesn't.
Good on them for doing it and stepping up to the plate to make a stand.
Goes without saying though that they will now face some tough questions about their activities.

Steve Wilson

Yes I understand what you're saying. It really would be a shame for them to be made more of a target than any of the other teams for them trying to promote "greeness" whilst many other teams aren't.

f1.redbaron

I'll bet that even the Renault designer is laughing at them.

Dave, to answer you question, this is what the drivers will wear:

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/store ... d=12500226

Sawtooth-spike

f1.redbaron wrote:I'll bet that even the Renault designer is laughing at them.
The renault is just plan ugly. This is Like that odd looking girl in a night club who nobody can work out if she is fit or ugly.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

wrk

but after a few pints they all start to look good by the end of the night...
gentlemen start your engines......

wiley

Ugly the car my be. I have noticed that the earth paint does a very good job of camo-ing the aerodynamic parts of the Honda. I hope Ferrari doesn't see that benefit, you know how they are about secrecy.

Steve Wilson

Yes you're right, but it does seem a bit better than the black testing livery I suppose...

allan

just look at their faces :lol:

fwa2500

im sorry, but i really hate how that livery looks..."environmental meanings" aside, i think it just flat out doesnt work....sure it would look great on a city bus, but on an F1 car??? :? :x

c'est la vie

manchild

It would be fun to see how a livery designed using same logic Honda used would look if this company was sponsoring some f1 team today :lol:

mep

Ey what's going on with the drivers.
Especially Barichelo, he looks like he really hates the new project.
Insted of smiling profesional he looks quite angry.

For me I like the livery and the idear to have his
name printed on the car.

And I am looking forward for the first engine blow up from
the earth with black smoke and so on (HA HA).