Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mantikos

Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

Wanted to kick start this thread for 2014 team new

Racer X

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

Here we go a 2014 thread I was waiting for one of these I wonder who will do best this season now with a season under his belt and whole new car for both.. I'm going to side with Hamilton il be a HamFan let's wait and see..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Anon123

Racer X wrote:Here we go a 2014 thread I was waiting for one of these I wonder who will do best this season now with a season under his belt and whole new car for both.. I'm going to side with Hamilton il be a HamFan let's wait and see..
I think the only thing that could stop Hamilton from outdoing Rosberg is the economy runs, Hamilton is well known for being hard on his equipment and with more emphasis being on fuel saving it could have a negative effect on his race pace.

SectorOne

My brain has been fixated on this year being a sort of 1988 year :) my brain is accepting way too much hype from the news and constructs it´s own reality :)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

kooleracer

Anon123 wrote:
Racer X wrote:Here we go a 2014 thread I was waiting for one of these I wonder who will do best this season now with a season under his belt and whole new car for both.. I'm going to side with Hamilton il be a HamFan let's wait and see..
I think the only thing that could stop Hamilton from outdoing Rosberg is the economy runs, Hamilton is well known for being hard on his equipment and with more emphasis being on fuel saving it could have a negative effect on his race pace.
On what basis is Lewis hard on his equipment that's a myth that everyone keeps associating with Lewis. You did watch the 2013 Hungary GP right? He drove a Mercedes that was hard on the tyres on a track that was baking hot and he managed his tires superbly. Lewis is aggressive when he needs to be but hard on is equipment what a joke. How
If he is, give me 3 examples then? When Lewis wins the 2014 season everybody that said that Lewis is distracted by other things will all say that stopped doing those things and is focused more on F1.... Lewis is lewis he will always be targeted by the media...and the ignorant people that always believe everything they write.
Last edited by kooleracer on 12 Jan 2014, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Anon123

kooleracer wrote:
Anon123 wrote:
On what basis is Lewis hard on his equipment that's a myth that everyone keeps associating with Lewis. You did watch the 2013 Hungary GP right? He drove a Mercedes that was hard on the tyres on a track that was baking hot and he managed his tires superbly. Lewis is aggressive when he needs to be but hard on is equipment what a joke. How
If he is, give me 3 examples then?
He's in a different league around Hungary though, look at the way he plummeted in Catalunya and the number of lock ups he has at most weekends, in Monza and Abu Dhabi he pushed too much in qualy and broke his car (they say ARB failure at Abu Dhabi but it looked like he caused it). Singapore 2012 qualy he apparently damaged the bottom of his car on one of the kerbs because he was too hard on his equipment, don't get me wrong I think he's the fastest driver on the grid and when he has a good race car underneath him he can extract a lot from it.

kooleracer

If he is, give me 3 examples then?[/quote]
He's in a different league around Hungary though, look at the way he plummeted in Catalunya and the number of lock ups he has at most weekends, in Monza and Abu Dhabi he pushed too much in qualy and broke his car (they say ARB failure at Abu Dhabi but it looked like he caused it). Singapore 2012 qualy he apparently damaged the bottom of his car on one of the kerbs because he was too aggressive, don't get me wrong I think he's the fastest driver on the grid and when he has a good race car underneath him he can extract a lot from it.
Lewis came from McLaren were they didnt have tyre issues and also at McLaren Lewis sorted out his brakes the only one that was locking up was the "gentle" Button. I don't think Lewis ever drove a car that had tyre wear issues. Lewis had a lot problems with the brakes and the wear because he was in a different car and because this was the first he had to deal with these issues. But Lewis was improving a lot Rosberg had a better race pace in the first half but Lewis matched him and got quicker during the season. Abu Dhabi was not his fault Ross Brawm has confirmed that in many interviews. You also remember that he was leading the race [singapore 2012] and was going to win but because of a gearbox failure he lost the race. So if Lewis has a failure its because of Lewis and if Vettels alternator fails its Renault or Magneti Minelli fault, got it....
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

astracrazy

anyone seen pictures of lewis lately, seems to of lost a fit of weight for this season

Shrieker

astracrazy wrote:anyone seen pictures of lewis lately, seems to of lost a fit of weight for this season
Yes; i follow his facebook profile, he seems to have slimmed down considerably ! The last time I've seen him so thin must've been in 2007 or 2008. More like 2007. Makes him look younger too :) No doubt for the new weight limits...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

AfroDude41

And he has more hair as well

SectorOne

Hard to tell really. Although the old hair is coming back ;)

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

astracrazy

i'd seen facebook and noticed it but read daily mail today and it stands out

Manoah2u

he looks a bit like romeo santos now lol. yeah looks much skinnier and younger.

makes me curious if rosberg lost some fat too......or will he go his fathers' direction? :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Bredd

Rosbergs new helmet is pretty cool

mikeerfol

Indeed