2014 Testing - Jerez 28-31 Jan

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Blanchimont

2014 Testing - Jerez 28-31 Jan

Mod Edit: Links to live timing :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=17757

________________________________________________________________________________________

Jerez is open to the public during testing for 10 to 20€ a day (http://www.circuitodejerez.com/index.ph ... tradas&L=1).

At the end of every day, fans will provide videos on youtube, just like in the past years.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te1hc0mmK2k[/youtube]
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Holm86

Re: Winter Testing 2013/14

Blanchimont wrote:Jerez is open to the public during testing for 10 to 20€ a day (http://www.circuitodejerez.com/index.ph ... tradas&L=1).

At the end of every day, fans will provide videos on youtube, just like in the past years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te1hc0mmK2k
Thanks thats what I thought. Then we surely will have videos to watch and listen to :-)

Gridlock

I wonder if the trackside recovery drivers know how busy they're going to be...

Manoah2u

Gridlock wrote:I wonder if the trackside recovery drivers know how busy they're going to be...
let's hope we won't have emberassing marshalls that triple and fall repeatedly over the track during safety car
to pick up debris on track. :roll: #-o that that was below amateuristic. almost like the track promotors just
picked any salvage yard worker to sit along the lines waiting if they'll need to scrap up a car #-o

and yeah, horribile and unbelievable a marshall was killed last year by trackside workers that simply weren't
sufficiently capable of doing their tasks. Unfortunately, if you look at several replays in several race classes,
the trackside workers are a laugh, really. Nothing personal to them, but it's not up to F1 standards.

I remember the Mclaren crew clinging their buttcheeks together when a mclaren [wasn't it the one with the u-pods?]
was hauled to the pits during safety car or even a session stop. swinging side to side ALMOST hitting the ground.
in USA open-wheeler racing there was a car being hauled that slid off partially and hit the barriers, leaving debries
all over the track and the marshalls running aroudn picking it up with the risk of being collected by the racecars.
a F1 car sliding down the track last year after the driver left the car unattended.
and let's not forget the insane unacceptable moment in korea when a TRUCK was hauling down a straight when the field
was flocking up behind them. absolutely insane.

there are tickets for disasters, it's a wonder there hasn't happened more but the sad death of the ran-over-marshall last year.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

mikeerfol

bauc

mikeerfol wrote:For those who had doubts about it

https://twitter.com/Marussia_F1Team/sta ... 0934764544

Well that leaves Lotus as the only team not to attend Jerez which I think will hurt them badly especially if the weather is good at Jerez and the teams can pull up a good mileage ......
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

i70q7m7ghw

Lotus to go in to administration before the start of the season.

Kiril Varbanov

Which reminds me of EB's comments that he knows for sure Lotus won't be the only team not to attend the Jerez test.
Nevertheless, I wish all the best to the team and hopefully they will sort the financials.

lebesset

Holm86 wrote:Is Jerez easy to access for the public?? Because private videos shot with a decent handycam sounds much better than the tv coverage of the races.
for anyone considering a visit may I suggest you consider the following

don't waste your money on the premium grandstand ticket ; you see very little just sitting on the straight opposite the pits .... there is ample free parking within a 2 minute walk of the entry anyway

no need to buy ticket in advance

the basic ticket allows you to walk around and watch from various points on the circuit , opposite the chicane is especially good

8 hours a day in the cold of jerez is too much ; I go with a friend for the 4 days and we share a ticket daily , alternating mornings and afternoons [ they give pass-outs ] , so €20 each for the week

if you go....will be watching your offerings on you tube , better that what sky will do !
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Coefficient

Who wants a bet that come testing we will see that the new engines are "plug n play" items and will cause no more reliability issues than we usually see at this time of year?
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

Lycoming

Possible given their long gestation, that's possible but more realistically, the engine at least will probably be comparable to the first generation V8s. The ERS stuff on the other hand...

Blanchimont

I think it's more down to the electric parts of the power unit to cause some red flags, not the ICE itself.
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

stefan_

I'm sorry if this was aked before, but can Lotus go in Bahrain a few days earlier than everyone else to make up for not being in Jerez?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

theformula

Does anyone actually know what time testing starts on Tuesday? In both local time and UK time?
Hamilton's blessed with an ability to make a car do pretty much anything he wants - Mark Hughes

Hail22

theformula wrote:Does anyone actually know what time testing starts on Tuesday? In both local time and UK time?

28 Jan Circuito Permanente de Jerez Local time: 9:00am All days GMT conversion: 8:00:00 AM GMT
29 Jan Circuito Permanente de Jerez
30 Jan Circuito Permanente de Jerez
31 Jan Circuito Permanente de Jerez
The testing shall take place from 09.00 to 17.00 every day. As soon as the names of the drivers running on each day are confirmed, the information shall appear here.
Source: http://www.circuitodejerez.com/index.php?id=381&L=1

(Note: If you do not understand spanish, on the top right hand side you can change it so the page displays in English).
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve