Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Backmarker

Re: Moving F1-Staff

Richard Messenger has moved from Lotus (where he was a Senior Aero Design Engineer) to Caterham (where he's a Lead Surface Designer) as of December 2013.
Last edited by Backmarker on 25 Jan 2014, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

hollus

On December 19th, 2013:
As rumours the Frenchman is fleeing the financially troubled Enstone based team flourished on the internet, Boullier took to his personal Twitter account to issue a short denial.
Eric Boullier wrote: "It's not just that I had to defend myself to the outside, I had to get together my people in the factory and tell them that there's nothing to it. Rumours spread quickly in a racing car factory."
"But they should know that I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere"
Rivals, not enemies.

Gridlock

Mortgages trump promises.

iotar__

hollus wrote:On December 19th, 2013:
As rumours the Frenchman is fleeing the financially troubled Enstone based team flourished on the internet, Boullier took to his personal Twitter account to issue a short denial.
Eric Boullier wrote: "It's not just that I had to defend myself to the outside, I had to get together my people in the factory and tell them that there's nothing to it. Rumours spread quickly in a racing car factory."
"But they should know that I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere"
And? What's your point? Denial was about Force India move at the time. Are you suggesting that it was McLaren deal mistaken for the one to Force India?

Maybe at the time he was still there and wasn't going anywhere and on 24th of January (or realistically earlier) it changed.

zoro_f1

Please update the first post and make it "sticky". :roll:
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

Hawkwind

Changes at McLaren.
Marcin Budkowski Head of Aero, has left McLaren Aero Dept. Doug McKiernan moves from post of Principal Aero to take over.

shelly

I think Budkoswki will move back to ferrari - we will see in 6 months' time
twitter: @armchair_aero

Hawkwind

You could be right, he will know Allison and Tombazis from previous times working together. We will see in due course.

Crucial_Xtreme

shelly wrote:I think Budkoswki will move back to ferrari - we will see in 6 months' time
The rumors last year was he was coming back, then it was determined he was staying at MaCa. I hope he does come back to the reds.

Hawkwind

Gerry Hughes from Rahal Letterman Indycar Team to Caterham as Chief Race Engineer.
Ex-Cosworth, A1 GP Team Ireland, Super Aguri, Jordan, Redbull, Jaguar and Prodrive, returns to F1

Avocado

shelly wrote:I think Budkoswki will move back to ferrari - we will see in 6 months' time
Excellent. Red MP4-28 incoming. =D>

Pup
Pup

Given the nature of his departure from McLaren, are you guys sure you want him back?

Sebp

They got the band back together according to Ted Kravitz:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA1oXYSEqII[/youtube]
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

mclaren_mircea

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/gary-law/7b/ ... =pub-pbmap

Gary Law, design engineer, from Caterham to Mclaren, January 2014

Shakeman

http://thisisf1.com/2014/02/08/olivier- ... -lotus-f1/

Also Whitmarsh linked as Team Head.