Marussia F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CHT
CHT

Marussia F1 Team 2014

Just realized no one has started a 2014 thread for Marussia.

DSQ of Ricciardo has now bump Chilton up to 13th. This could potentially help secure them the 10th position at the end of the year. No good news for Caterham for sure.

idfx

Re: Marussia F1 Team 2014

Finished the race without problems. The team has evolved, this Ferrari engine is pretty consistent.
----------

CHT
CHT

idfx wrote:Finished the race without problems. The team has evolved, this Ferrari engine is pretty consistent.
The ferrari engine is very reliable indeed. I am not sure if it is Marussia has move up or Caterham moving down

Manoah2u

CHT wrote:
idfx wrote:Finished the race without problems. The team has evolved, this Ferrari engine is pretty consistent.
The ferrari engine is very reliable indeed. I am not sure if it is Marussia has move up or Caterham moving down
To be honest, I think if Kobayashi didn't have the mechanical failure, he'd homed that Caterham in to a good spot. Koba is gold, too bad the green machine didn't prove reliable, neither for ericsson.

Marussia got lucky. I'm amazed just how fast people forget. :roll: less then a day, actually :roll: Marussia was nowhere during testing, and even more - they didn't even start from the grid correctly, for crying out loud :lol: . BOTH cars failed at the grid, and the second one caused a very annoying cold start. Reliable? the engine killed itself off for both drivers due to problems, i wouldn't call that reliable.
And Bianchi didn't classify.

They're very lucky to have started from the pits there in the first place, chances were just as well they couldn't even make it from there. it was embarrasing.

This result means squad for Marussia, because if next race in Malaysia, caterham doesn't have brake and reliability issues, and we have another mad DNF range, things are completely different again.

Expected more from Marussia, but they're still on the dead end of the field.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 17 Mar 2014, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Klaus

Long time lurker, First post...

I'm a Marussia fan, but even I'll admit I was a little disappointed this weekend.

However as has been pointed out testing did not go well, and there only just catching up.

The way that they keep having trouble getting the car to start, but once it has started it runs like clockwork suggests software issues to me, and given how complex this years cars are, and that they probably have 2 software guys to everyone else's 10-15, could well be why it's taking them a little longer than everyone else.

So I'm willing to give it some time before declaring it a complete disaster (Malaysia had better be better though!)

CHT
CHT

Australia GP is actually a great success for Marussia. Considering the limited testing they had, to have 2 cars finishing the race and yet securing the 13th position is almost like winning.

idfx

CHT wrote:Australia GP is actually a great success for Marussia. Considering the limited testing they had, to have 2 cars finishing the race and yet securing the 13th position is almost like winning.
Agree. The other team with Ferrari engine was Sauber.
The important thing is to run to the end. Progressing up the points.
----------

Gridlock

Not to be pedantic, and I'm as much of a Marussia fan as the next guy, but technically only one car successfully finished the race.

marcush.

I think mastering the Weekend like they did is quite an achievement for a small Team like Marussia.I don't think they made Fouls Out of themselves and es they failed to make the Start but compare this with Merc and RedBull who lost a Car in the First laps so what?
we See them closing the Gap to the Cars making Q2 which is the realistic Target for their Finance with a Lot of luck they might Even Score a Point this Year.

CHT
CHT

With STR and Williams in the points, I think it will be difficult for Caterham and Marussia to score a point, especially if they miss the window opportunity to do so during the first few fly away races. As the season progress I would expect lesser reliability issues from the top team.

TzeiTzei

Just an observation, but maybe the Ferrari engine isn't very good yet. Both Marussia and Sauber were quite slow on the straights, and I think they might still have the engine turned down a bit. I suppose the only target was to finish. Also lack of mileage means that they havent done much setup work, so I'd expect them to improve.

CHT
CHT

Big result for Marussia. Regain back the 10th place. Thanks for Pastor.

marcush.

Wow chilton is claiming Championship Spot 19 Till next race ....that's One achievement for a Team like Marussia.job well done

ChrisM40

Marussia Motors 'Dispenses' with F1 team.

http://en.rsport.ru/auto/20140408/741812690.html

Seems more like the other way around since the road cars never got anywhere and were beyond horrible anyway.

Shouldnt affect the F1 team.

Rushman

Bad news from Russia:

Project Marussia Motors closed and employees were fired, but they have not been paid since the beginning of 2014.

Most likely, soon Gene Haas or Zoran Stefanović will buy Marussia F1 Team.

"Marussia and new F1 teams" by Joe Saward
Away from the circuits, however, things are happening with the news from Russia that the Marussia Motors company is shutting down by its owner Andrej Cheglakov as the management of the firm, led by Nikolai Fomenko, has failed to find the money needed push ahead with its plans to build supercars. It seems that Cheglakov has got bored of waiting and spending. This creates a problem for the Formula 1 team because its reason to exist has just disappeared. It could exist simply as a racing operation, but that would require a lot of money. The team has some cash from the Formula One group and from Max Chilton and there seems to be a deal with Ferrari that pays for Jules Bianchi, but beyond that sponsorship is thin. And it is hard to find when you are at the back of the grid.

The logical step forward from here would be for Cheglakov to find a suitable new owner. The racing team is a legal entity called Manor Grand Prix Racing Ltd. This belongs to a holding company called Manor Holdco Ltd, which in turn was owned by a Luxembourg firm called Marussia Lux SA, a subsidiary of Marussia Motors. It seems that this structure has now been changed with Manor Holdco having been passed to a new company, registered in Ireland, called Marussia Communications Ltd. Thus it is no longer directly linked to Marussia Motors but is still under the ownership of Cheglakov. It seems that there are some people out there who are willing to buy the team but for the moment there are only rumours about who the new owner might be.

According to Bernie Ecclestone, the FIA is about to announce that there will be two new teams in 2015 (or 2016 more likely) and it is bizarre for either one to go on, given the scale of investment required to get even to the level of Marussia or Caterham. It would be wiser for the new owners to buy up smaller teams with infrastructure and people, rather than trying to do it all themselves. This depends largely on the price, but at the moment there is little real value in back of the grid teams so unless the owners want to write off their investments, it makes no sense to quit unless there really is no way to fund things, in which case any sale would simply be to avoid debts.

Gene Haas has plans to have Ferrari engines and to have Dallara build his chassis but he would be wiser perhaps to simply buy Marussia and let the people running the show get on with it.
On the other hand, what else could be expected if the main investor of the Marussia F1 Team and Marussia Motors — Andrew Cheglakov — a man who in the 1990s to enter the Russian market game console Dendy, who was a Chinese clone of the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) aka Famicom (FAMIly COMputer). During the first three years he sold 6 million items at over $90 each (not counting illegal cartridges), with a very good margin… After all, Nintendo did not get from this.
But now he works in "Goznak" - the Printing Press of Russian Rubles. Guess where he takes their money now :twisted: