New member - Bought an RA107

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
jamesr20

Re: New member - Bought an RA107

Hey just found this thread on here, amazing that you own an actual formula 1 car regardless of it success, could you private mail me i have a couple of questions :), thanks James

jakelewismclaren

Anything else happened with the car, or has it all gone quiet now?
Come On McLaren

F1snake

Hi jakelewismclaren,

Thanks for asking, but no really interesting new progress to report at the moment. We're still waiting to sell another race car so we can pay for further developments. The project is still very much alive, if a bit dormant at the moment. We want to do this right, so it will have to take the time it takes. I will come back with further updates in due cause.

hrc11

Hello everybody. I saw your interesting thread about the RA107. how nay parts are you still missing? What kind of parts you are looking for?

jakelewismclaren

F1snake wrote:Hi jakelewismclaren,

Thanks for asking, but no really interesting new progress to report at the moment. We're still waiting to sell another race car so we can pay for further developments. The project is still very much alive, if a bit dormant at the moment. We want to do this right, so it will have to take the time it takes. I will come back with further updates in due cause.

Thanks for the update, Im glad the project is still alive, will be great to see the results.
Come On McLaren

mel
mel

I would be interested in chatting to you about your car as i also bought 2 honda cars , villeneuves 2001 car and jensons 2003 car, i have thought about returning either car to the track and wondered how far you have got with your car ?

subasurf

Mel, care to create your own thread? I'm sure everyone here would love to see some photos and here more about your purchases.
A lot of us are living vicariously through those of you in a position to do what we all dream of ;)

stevemerjos

car is incorrect when u graft 2 hayabusa's together there is not enough symmetrical strength that is why radical race cars uses a sub frame when they used that motor and later went to a eco boost in a high g force scenario thr motot will split in 2

andylaurence

Sadly not true, I'm afraid. Here's a Powertec V8 in the back of an OMS hillclimb car. That car won the British Hillclimb Championship in 2012.
The car generates significant downforce and I'm not aware of it splitting in two yet.
Even when he crashed it at Prescott in April, it shattered a wheel and the rear wing without damaging the engine.

I'm pretty sure the Hartley engine being used in this project is also up to the task. The reason the SR8 has a rear subframe is simply because it was built as a bike engined car and the V8 was dropped in the back. The SR8 is essentially the same car as the SR3, which comes with a variety of Hayabusa engines.

dawguk

Bump!

Did this project get canned-off eventually?

coaster

My guess is the money ran out, the first thing this project needed was a CNC mill and some tig welding lessons, instead this guy kept handing out blank cheques.

TRICKLE69

Recent article from a couple days ago it looks like...

http://www.flatout.com.br/algum-maluco- ... -fas-dele/
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Mandrake

Another "article" about the project popped up on carscoops.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/07/man-wa ... honda.html