"overtake button" to do any work?

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
C.O.E.

"overtake button" to do any work?

Simply whether the fuel boost?

ERS overdrive mode?

or ERS+ICE overdrive ? :wtf: :?:

C.O.E.

Re: "overtake button" to do any work?

find myself

sauber 's
https://twitter.com/OfficialSF1Team/sta ... 9297985536

We wouldn’t be surprised to see “overtake buttons” on F1 steering wheels, which would allowdrivers to use the maximum available power from the ICE (remember?) and ERS motor for ashort time in order to overtake. Also expect drivers to go through energy saving phases withreduced fuel consumption and/or to recharge their ERS batteries.

overtake button ㅡ>POWER UNIT overdrive mode

Facts Only

Re: "overtake button" to do any work?

I detailed part of the system in the engine thread with annotations on the Ferrari engine. But to recap a major part of the overtake mode is to fully open the waste gate to remove all back pressure from the engine and then use the MGUH to power the turbocharger giving maximum possible power from the engine. This would be in combined with an aggressive engine map and full MGUK power.
The aggressive engine maps used significantly increase the damage matrix and reduce engine life so are used sparingly.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver