feliks' engine design.

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Feliks

Re: feliks' engine design.

Pup wrote:I think Saab's SVC engine is probably a better counterpoint for comparison...
Yes, I know there will generally think Saab first noticed the benefits and build a car engine.

But professionals have previously applied it to a tank engine 1100 Continental AVCR (Advance Abrams). piston Biceri:

I am about the possibilities of my engine only learned when I held 100 units of such computer printouts. Then I calculated the compression ratio by hand because I did not know about this possibility, because the computer would print the programmed compression. But fortunately, this calculation was simple and typed on each sheet compression. Then it turned out that I can easily carry out only by changing the angle between the crankshafts ..

By the way, you know why the computer is used the word "file"? because in then when these calculations were done, the program consisted of a number of punch cards that had to be placed in the correct order ... Totally what's going on, as these cards scattered it ? :). Then with such a stacked card, a small computer did perforated tape and that tape can only be loaded into a large computer ..
But the word "file" is to this day the type of program ..:)

Andrew

Feliks

Because counting as simple things as volume, including engine displacement, it is no longer easy, I did a spreadsheet program to calculate the capacity of...

http://www.new4stroke.com/volume.zip

Andrew

Feliks

Well, something in my professional life .. In the late 90s was leading Sound designer at several The festivals of Children with Disabilities. well there Danuta Jachyra debut, which unfortunately is no longer alive. Here is a sample of how she singing....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ZGCZlsYMO8

Andrew
8)

Feliks

Electioneer;82669342 wrote:I'll be damned if I do't ask myself this question every day! Seriously, why IS rufous man clog ears????
I'm happy to be asking about this state of affairs is more ..:wave:

Maybe there is a part of the answer ..

Now you can go back to my engine project new4stroke that you very much approve of ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_efficiency
Friction[edit source | editbeta]

An engine has many moving parts that produce friction. Some of these friction forces remain constant (as long as applied load is constant); some of these friction losses increase as engine speed increases, such as piston side forces and connecting bearing forces (due to increased inertia forces from the oscillating piston). A few friction forces decrease at higher speed, such as the friction force on the cam's lobes used to operate the inlet and outlet valves (the valves' inertia at high speed tends to pull the cam follower away from the cam lobe). Along with friction forces, an operating engine has pumping losses, which is the work required to move air into and out of the cylinders. This pumping loss is minimal at low speed, but increases approximately as the square of the speed, until at rated power an engine is using about 20% of total power production to overcome friction and pumping losses.
And now this. My engine new4stroke is the most vital advantage, even though it does not appear on any animation ..
Many people have spoken out about the efficiency of four-stroke engine, was stating with such engine already reached peaks of efficiency possible, and to get it to improve by 2% "The great issue" about three bilion dollars a year on research ..
Because they thought impossible, that you can make a difference when it comes to basic parameter or friction, which presented the current position of Wikipedia.
Meanwhile, my engine, changing the ratio of friction to the size of the intake air through the engine. So, but it's something that everyone seemed so far out that is constant and unchanging.
And here's the joke ... my engine, even though it is built on a base the size of a two-cylinder engine, 600 ccm, geometrically speaking, sucks about 950 ccm ... (in fact much greater).
So as if normal engine but with an additional 3 1/6 cylinder .. but the cylinder does not. This increase in the displacement give only two intake valves piston located in the cylinder head. And there may be nothing revolutionary, were it not that these pistons with rods they turn TWO TIMES slower than the basic pistons ... In connection with this, the force of inertia, which is realized as the additional volume (350 ccm) are swept up four times smaller (which I also take into account the Wikipedia)
So in general we can say that this "extra cylinder", if it could be adjoined to the basic operating system of the twice the speed, with the same parameters as the pistons sucking friction should have only 88 cc. So the difference 350 - 88 = 262 ccm, otzymujemy for free, with my engine system ... We can say that in relation to its basic size 600 ccm. Friction has been reduced by as much as 43%. suction against displacement in the traditional way ...
With modesty will not ask where my 43/2 x 3000000000000 = 64 bilon $ .... which do not have the "Great" lecture every year on the 2% increase in efficiency ....

And the real efficiency gain can be easily demonstrated mathematically ...

And of course, what Daniel suggested must take place within the limits of reasonable operation of the engine...

I can understand a lot, even that can be
stunned silence, but not for so many years ...

Also understand that it may be hard to admit to the fact that I thought differently, but I think that should be a hit in the chest and publicly admit to mistakes. Because we all now see that the PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE engine can zoom in on a lot of ...

I think it is a step by step to resolve these problems, but probably need to order, then it will be easier for us to understand next.

Andrew :D :D

Feliks

Here, the current version of the flathead engine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flathead_engine

And here is my version, but strangely drawn ..

The wikipedia is written with the maximum degree of pairing can get a 7: 1 And this is the fundamental flaw in the solution. Therefore, this low level of compression is because the valves need to have a place in the head to be able to go in and open up. In my constructs, valves (pistons) opening up, regress to the crankcase, so the head can be completely flat, without going into the notches on the valves. With a completely flat head, the compression ratio we receive in my design, possible 27: 1 It is a circuit are adequate for spontaneous combustion - diesel engine, which takes about 18: 1 compression ratio. So you can make the First Diesel Engine in the World with flat head ....

Also will not need to divide the block and heads, because my valves (pistons) can be loaded also from the crankcase, rather than the traditional valves from the head, so when the engine submission is possible in this way, the division heads and engine block becomes redundant. You can perform when the engine entirely from one piece, except for very an emergency head gasket and bolt heads that secure critical

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/pla ... earch&tt=b

So more or less look like the block of the world's first diesel ...

Andrew

Feliks

And if so the nozzle still has a small venturi with a propeller ...
You only need to do some brake to be able to land safely ..
.. :rolleyes:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghulwll702A[/youtube]

Andrew

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPZWUQlhvDA[/youtube]

Now not just a wing equipped with NACA-FELIKS profile and you can drive the turbine that is small, around larger propeller for propelling the aircraft .. (For some small gears sure) I think these two films, for people who have enough imagination to understand the principles and authenticate the actual work of such a system, which is probably exempt me of the need for prototyping ..
All the praise can enter below ... :roll: :rolleyes:

Andrew :D

Feliks

" Quot: BaLa, on 06 Sept 2013 - 02:31, said:
I notice that the difference is using pistons instead of valves. But I would like to know the benefits in terms of power, torque, durability and rpm."

a brief summary of:
So yeah .. I made two prototype engines in such a system. First, this is my thesis at the Technical University. He had to show that the engine has the possibility to work at all. The assumption has done surprisingly well ..
My second prototype, with many improvements done and its description and photos are on my website. The idea was it to work in the car Fiat 126 p on car races, which were held in Poland at the time. In my assumptions had he gives an output of around 100 horsepower at 10 000 revolutions. I made a prototype with its design and start-up to a satisfactory level of about 3 years (1000 days) View as a day of work takes a good mechanic replacing a head gasket does not, for example, in the "Lotus", and you will know the approximate costs are such a prototype and its launch . ...
All these costs were, funding of my personal funds ..
But it was worth it. Flagellum yes - inventions also sometimes surprising, in a good way. Not everything new has to be wrong. IN THIS case in good page surprise was even beyond the scope of forecasts. Namely, how are the practice has shown a prototype of the engine has an output of around 250 horsepower at 10 000 revolutions .. it is dwai know half times than the expected value. with such a large difference, finding out about it was a big threat to life ... Here a little more fully described.

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 5&start=90

Due to this process, the engine is so big power from a relatively weak engine, its use in a racing car does not make sense, because the engine would have already collapsed at the start, using his full power. Also I did not want to risk because of this, the startup was repeatedly dismantled because some surprised me, not only when it comes to the same power. These repeated cutting weakened some of its elements, so they can no longer be too much to repeat ... But at the moment, have the engine in ready to work .. You can screw it to the 10 000 cycles. Unfortunately, I will not let the torque measurement, because it would crash ended his .. Just a reality this time by two and a half times, and so exceeded the limit of sustainability, the design ..
Strange that since 2005, despite the existence of this site, no one was willing to see the prototype at work .. However, questions are asked, and sure. You maybe someone thinks that the data you publish false. . Really, please bear the costs of a visit, and so they will be much than the venue of the construction of its new prototype, and of course a few blunders that and I had .. Operation of the engine, is in every respect a surprise in the right direction .. Maybe instead of theorizing, it is worth it alone to see for yourself.

If it comes to SERVICE LIFE is sure it will be a lot more stable, because most emergency items in today's engines are running timing and head gasket, In my design of these elements is not .....

As regards the speed that is a structure that allows no low speed, up to 30 000 revolutions of the main shaft .. crak timing schaft spins then only 15 000 cycles, while maintaining constant high precision charge exchange as the existing structure does not guarantee,

The engine has a huge advantage. The most hot item in the combustion chamber heats up, no more than 250 degrees Celsius. This is a huge advantage, because at this temperature does not occur in the most harmful NOx pollution, .. Of course, the compression ratio can also pick up a lot ..
Adding up all the advantages and possible regulatory tions, you will get about 50 % fuel efficiency, with the same parameters driving ...
Well unless you do not believe the Displacement gives more power .. :rolleyes:

Andrew :D
Last edited by Steven on 27 Dec 2014, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link

Feliks

Here historical figure .. then only the best solution was graph paper .. Figure was every day for 1 month used, when did this lathe crankshaft. The crankshaft has five supports and four crank, 90 degrees .. starting weight of the material (iron containing 5% cobalt) was 80 kg (160 lb) is the world's first practical crankshaft timing ..

Andrew :mrgreen:

Feliks

And here's how it looks in the original .. It is not enough to come up with a way to the engine ... still need to know how to realize ... only together give a true effect ..

Andrew :mrgreen:

Feliks

Greetings to all from the Engine Expo 2014 in Novi Detroit ....

I'm worried, because you will be some news about this new engine somehow obtain. As I wrote above, only 25% of the engines messages may come in handy .. The rest 75% you have to re-learn .. :shock:

Regards Andrew :D :D

J.A.W.

Anything to report - eh - then, F?
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Feliks

Here are the materials you can download a PDF of the conference .. I am at the end of the first day, as it was in the schedule

http://www.ukintpress-conferences.com/c ... /index.php

http://www.ukintpress-conferences.com/c ... view=drill

http://www.ukintpress-conferences.com/u ... Feliks.pdf

Andrew

Feliks

Before I made with cast iron heads, first I made a model of plywood comp. as you can see, the intake windows were on both sides of the head., but as I started to count the inlet surfaces, it turned out that the total window area of the inlet, is much greater than the surface of the cylinder bore intake ... is 6.2 cm, or 30 cm surface .Circumference square of this cylinder is 19.5 cm, as you can see in the picture plywood3, windows may be by 2/3 of the circumference of the cylinder, which is 13 cm ..but they are high up on the 2.5 cm .. that is, their total area is 32 5 cm square ... so and so will be the smallest spot diameter of the cylinder inlet. The primary piston is only 1 cm bigger than the cylinder, so I thought that the windows on one side will be sufficient ..

Andrew
Merry Christmas

Feliks

Maybe now, after this introduction, a number of technical changes to the basic four-stroke engine, it falls to explain why it is so difficult to implement it goes public-use, despite that everyone sees, on the animation of it is very simple technology.
So it presents it as I see it, after nearly forty years of dealing with this new engine.
wic, everyone, even I did not even suspected that the technical parameters of the new engine, and so very different from the well-known principles and possibilities of the traditional engine
Let's say that this knowledge, which enables us to build, it seemed highly optimized for him to four-stroke engines is 100%
Here chronologically describe how within these years, my knowledge New4stroke deepened.
1. Making and the launch of the first of my prototype (thesis) is about 12% acquisition of new knowledge about the new engines lasted about trzylata yo, and confirmed that there is a possibility of such a system, without some fundamental flaws (no vibration, for example, some large) Only 12% I'm thinking of new knowledge, no more. (as I see it from the perspective of 40 years ..)

2.Na due to optimistic news, I decided to build a second prototype, because I made an important next invention - output beyond the outline of a cylinder with a "valve" This has opened many new opportunities, but also no design problems, for example, to calculate the same displacement, which without the help of a computer, it was impossible only a few basic options. But the result of this calculation, it was with turned out that the engine can have a variable compression ratio, with the help of the shaft angular change "timing for the main shaft had to wear an Obviously there any fixed dimensions of the proposed engine. And even though there are a few million combinations, changes in diameter, rod length, stroke the shaft of each of the three pistons, distribution etc each other. this project had not., but in total at the end of the design phase, my knowledge new4stroke, expanded by about another 25%

So my knowledge already has 12 + 25 = 37%

Design and execution of the launch of a full prototype lasted three years

3. when you start the prototype, I have acquired the necessary knowledge of the rest of the utmost importance .. Well, for example, ionization, which prevented a spark, because the speed of Glow between the electrodes was as resulted from the calculations about 1 Mach .. (!!). This, and other messages, which surprised me very much, for example, the actual amounts of air intake really, meant that I bought the next 20% of the new brand, the fundamental knowledge about new4stroke

So we already have 37 + 20 = 57% of the new knowledge.

4. Now the excellent work of the second prototype, I started a few years jescze accurately analyze, and refine designs, Well, for example, a project receiving power at the shaft "timing" and not from the shaft głónego ..
Also the actual combustion chamber is in fact the smallest space of the piston only, causing a very small surface. elsewhere flame front does not move with, due to the very small gap between the pistons. Besides being forced direction of the path of the flame, and it's very intensively with a large force. Ishi is called by me "dynamic combustion chamber."
It certainly adds the next 20% of the new knowledge .. That sum is 57 + 20 = 77%
  So many completely new knowledge about the engine should possess to be able to take advantage of all the amazing real advantages of the new engine.

Also to be rejected as much knowledge of the current science, because, if one wishes so sensational assure as parameters.
Therefore, the traditional doctrine now used, does not allow us to accomplish more than is generally known now.
  Following this totally new way, it requires a lot of time and money probably ... but there is no other way ...
Now you are ready for this?

greets Andrew :D