Williams F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mr Brooksy

Re: Williams Mercedes F1 Team 2014

LookBackTime wrote:@pitlanetalk - Luca di Montezemolo at the Paris Auto Show today:

"One must be able to cope with changes and we are proud to close an important cycle. He (Alonso) gave everything and did extraordinary performances. We all thought and hoped we could achieve better results together."

Should Williams try to get him (Fernando Alonso)? That will be unbelievable.

If I will be Frank Williams I will try everything possible to get him.
I have been contemplating this over the past few days as well. It would be highly ironic if Frank rolled up to Massa and said "sorry but Fernando is faster than you... He will be taking your seat". Call me cold heated but I follow Williams not a driver and because of that having the best on the grid atm in one of your car's would be very important for Williams. Brings extra $ which we need and someone who can continually 'punch above the cars weight' as it were.

If as Symonds puts it, that Bottas really is very similar to Alonso wouldn't that also help grow the new flying Finn? Ultimately and most importantly being Williams closer to their desire for racing at the front again?

But the pessimist in me says, Alonso would view Williams as too much of a risk and unlikely to bring him the title he dearly wants soon.
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

Raleigh

At the same time, Alonso is exactly the person who could turn Williams return to form into a return to winning titles...

I like Massa and he is still a very fast driver, but if you asked me to choose between them there would not be a moment's hesitation.

Richard

Williams have confirmed their drivers, so no need to fantasise about Alonso. That sort of onanism should take place in private thank you. :?

Manoah2u

Richard wrote:Williams have confirmed their drivers, so no need to fantasise about Alonso. That sort of onanism should take place in private thank you. :?
Or a surprise 3rd car for Williams with a #14 on ti and F. Alonso on the side :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Sevach

This is nothing but a pipe dream, all you need to see is the type of salary mr Alonso commands to see this is a no go.

acosmichippo

Richard wrote:Williams have confirmed their drivers, so no need to fantasise about Alonso. That sort of onanism should take place in private thank you. :?
You think if Alonso went to Williams and said "I want to drive for you," they wouldn't break one of their drivers' *ahem* Massa *ahem* contracts?

LookBackTime

Alonso eyes Williams as sabbatical ‘risk’ grows

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... isk_grows/

SiLo

If Massa can get a little bit of luck on his side, the pairing of him and Bottas is very strong. Good balance of speed and experience. In fact, the entire team looks like it's having a right jolly this year, smiles on every person in the team all the time.

I also loved the message to Bottas in quail "Nice try mate, nice try". - They don't even care he overcooked it, they are just happy he is trying.

Tl;dr - Williams = class act in a happy bubble.
Felipe Baby!

kooleracer

I hope that Williams in the future can collaborate with a engine supplier so they can also have change of winning the championship again. Come on BMW rekindle the partnership with Williams. BMW only does GT racing and DTM I hope that BMW really comes back and join forces again. I think this formula really suit Williams because their knowledge of hybird power. I think of they can team up with an engine supplier they could challenge the likes of Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren-Honda in the future.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

sectionate

SiLo wrote:If Massa can get a little bit of luck on his side, the pairing of him and Bottas is very strong. Good balance of speed and experience. In fact, the entire team looks like it's having a right jolly this year, smiles on every person in the team all the time.

I also loved the message to Bottas in quail "Nice try mate, nice try". - They don't even care he overcooked it, they are just happy he is trying.

Tl;dr - Williams = class act in a happy bubble.
This.

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Sevach

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/23/amer ... ff-report/

Toto Wolff has sold some of his Williams shares to Brad Hollinger, American, involved in the healthcare industry.

WaikeCU

I find it quite shocking that Williams managed to win a race with Maldonado back in the season of 2012 and so far this season haven't managed to win yet.

AnthonyG

Maldonado would have done the job by now, multiple times.
Also would have crashed multiple times, but when winning...
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

nacho

Well Mercedes is the reason for doing well and not winning. Situation is totally different to 2012.