Ferrari SF15-T Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Harsha

Re: Ferrari 666 Pre-Launch Speculation

giantfan10 wrote: i agree completely...lack of traction due to erratic power delivery on corner exit along with lack of power down the straight along with MGU harvesting issues would pretty much spells game over for any manufacturer.
add to that more engine grunt means you can run more downforce with a smaller top speed deficit
there is a substantial amount of the engine that can be changed this offseason contrary to popular opinion
i think i also need to add that NOTHING on the engine could be "fixed" during the 2014 season so what exactly was Ferrari expected to do with their obvious engine issues other than fiddle around with electronics?
imagine the uproar if ferrari with its offseason upgrades create a more powerful engine than mercedes....it is possible
Optimism is good but this made me a bit chuckle. We know there is heaps of Progress can be made for Renault/Ferrari engines but matching Mercedes performance of 2014 Engine side is one thing and 2015 is another. We are hearing even less fuel usage and more BHP so i doubt Ferrari/Renault can come close to 2014 let alone 2015 but hey if im proven wrong i will be first one to jump in joy

kooleracer

Blackout wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
FoxHound wrote:*with a better PU, ERS and mappin?
Big ask no?
Yes and no. The Ferrari PU is arguably the worst on the grid, so making it better shouldn't be too difficult as there's tons of room for improvement. Making it the best Power Unit or equal to the Merc PU is indeed a very big ask. Talk amongst knowledgeable F1 ppl is that Renault(Red Bull) most likely has the best ERS on the grid. I'm not sure where Ferrari's ranks but no doubt there is room for improvement. Software mapping has never been the teams strong point, remember OTB and the intricate maps used? Ferrari definitely lagged behind the others there, though word was the engine was the limiting factor not the teams ability to write the complex maps.

My personal opinion is the 2015 Ferrari will be twice the car the F14T is/was. If for no other reason than it was that bad of a car. Time will tell.
You're not the first one here to say that. What are your sources? :mrgreen:
How can this be true, we have heared Horner complaining about the Renault Powerunit the whole year. And some people still think they got the best ERS system? Why do you think the gap to Mercedes in qualifying is smaller than during the race? This because during qualifying every team can harvest enough energy for a single lap. The advantage in the race is bigger because Mercedes can harvest more energy then Renault and Ferrari. This means the need less fuel and thus need less then the max of 100KG. Thats why the gap in the race is big between Mercedes and their rivals. They start with less fuel, less weight, faster times, better tire life etc.

Hence Mercedes has the best ERS system, stop with the paddock rumors and use you own brain. Mercedes has invested heavily in KERS Mercedes (huge amount of their budget went in to ERS according to my sources) had the best KERS system in the old formula and has even increased their advantage in 2014.

I struggle to understand why Ferrari ERS system are not topnotch, Magnetti Mirelli has so much knowledge about electric systems how the hell did they f**cked up? Maybe they have to outsource the hybrid part to Williams like AUDI did for their LMP1 cars. Our they should hire some senior engineers from Williams Advanced Engineering.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

giantfan10

Harsha wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: i agree completely...lack of traction due to erratic power delivery on corner exit along with lack of power down the straight along with MGU harvesting issues would pretty much spells game over for any manufacturer.
add to that more engine grunt means you can run more downforce with a smaller top speed deficit
there is a substantial amount of the engine that can be changed this offseason contrary to popular opinion
i think i also need to add that NOTHING on the engine could be "fixed" during the 2014 season so what exactly was Ferrari expected to do with their obvious engine issues other than fiddle around with electronics?
imagine the uproar if ferrari with its offseason upgrades create a more powerful engine than mercedes....it is possible
Optimism is good but this made me a bit chuckle. We know there is heaps of Progress can be made for Renault/Ferrari engines but matching Mercedes performance of 2014 Engine side is one thing and 2015 is another. We are hearing even less fuel usage and more BHP so i doubt Ferrari/Renault can come close to 2014 let alone 2015 but hey if im proven wrong i will be first one to jump in joy
think about it seriously... Ferrari has known what their issue has been all year... i'm pretty sure they have a pretty good idea of what the mercedes engine output is...my question is are we to believe that ferrari will be content with getting their engine to mercedes 2014 outputs level and calling it good?...
i dont think so
who is to say if they will succeed but i'm willing to bet they are shooting for more than mercedes 2014
i may seem overly optimistic because i'm swimming in a sea of negativity where every ferrari team member is an idiot and every internet poster has it all figured out lol

Harsha

giantfan10 wrote: think about it seriously... Ferrari has known what their issue has been all year... i'm pretty sure they have a pretty good idea of what the mercedes engine output is...my question is are we to believe that ferrari will be content with getting their engine to mercedes 2014 outputs level and calling it good?...
i dont think so
who is to say if they will succeed but i'm willing to bet they are shooting for more than mercedes 2014
i may seem overly optimistic because i'm swimming in a sea of negativity where every ferrari team member is an idiot and every internet poster has it all figured out lol
The Tokens are what restricting them if Ferrari know they can get better they wont push for more. also according to AMUS We are behind time also we copied Split Turbo. So we might be better but i feel to get ahead or even match them Ferrari need to open up the engine parts completely which is not allowed by the current rules

Crucial_Xtreme

giantfan10 wrote: think about it seriously... Ferrari has known what their issue has been all year... i'm pretty sure they have a pretty good idea of what the mercedes engine output is...my question is are we to believe that ferrari will be content with getting their engine to mercedes 2014 outputs level and calling it good?...
i dont think so
It's not about what Ferrari are content with or not. It's about what they are able to accomplish before the end of Feburary. Of course they'd like to make the 2015 power unit better than Mercedes PU of 2014 but that doesn't mean they'll be able to do it.

It took time to figure out the exact problems and figure out how to fix them. One must also keep in mind they're only allowed to change but so much of the PU and much of it is limited. I think if Ferrari could equal the Merc 2014 PU for 2015, that would be absolutely outstanding. But I'm not sure that's going to happen.

Thunder

Re: Ferrari 666 Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

It is rumoured that Renault and Ferrari are not even able to use all their 32 Tokens until February 28th. So the limiting Factor is Time, not Tokens. Finding out what the Problem is and making new Concepts takes Time. AMuS claims that Ferrari started their 2015 PU Project in July, Renault in August.

Here is the Article:
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 12004.html
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

lio007

Thunders wrote:It is rumoured that Renault and Ferrari are not even able to use all their 32 Tokens until February 28th. So the limiting Factor is Time, not Tokens. Finding out what the Problem is and making new Concepts takes Time. AMuS claims that Ferrari started their 2015 PU Project in July, Renault in August.

Here is the Article:
If you have a look in the Formula One 1.6l V6 turbo engine formula - Thread beginning with Blackout's post on Dec 1st, it is not believed that some of the "facts" in this article are true.

lio007

thejudge13 wrote:The unofficial voice from Ferrari-land, Italian journalist Leo Turini, penned the following words from an unnamed inside source in Maranello. “In the midst of all this euphoria, we should not forget to apologise in advance to Seb and Kimi for the car they will drive in 2015.”
...hope this won't come true.

Harsha

lio007 wrote:
thejudge13 wrote:The unofficial voice from Ferrari-land, Italian journalist Leo Turini, penned the following words from an unnamed inside source in Maranello. “In the midst of all this euphoria, we should not forget to apologise in advance to Seb and Kimi for the car they will drive in 2015.”
I think right now we all know No team can touch Mercedes in 2015. But i seriously suspect that Ferrari will have a car worse than F14T

ESPImperium

Sorry, the project number, i can't help myself!!!

Especially if this car will be a beast, a beast to drive.

Kiril Varbanov

lio007 wrote:
That's bull$hit. Who is The Judge 13? I'm unaware of anyone knowing such person. Fake identities don't work anymore, nor the 'sources'. Even Leo Turini has had bad credibility history. Nobody actually believes a word such people say.

I'm not suggesting that Ferrari can be ominously faster, but it's hard to believe that 2015 is going to be a truck. Not as fast as Mercedes? Sure, nobody will be.

lio007

Kiril Varbanov wrote:
lio007 wrote:
That's bull$hit. Who is The Judge 13? I'm unaware of anyone knowing such person. Fake identities don't work anymore, nor the 'sources'. Even Leo Turini has had bad credibility history. Nobody actually believes a word such people say.

I'm not suggesting that Ferrari can be ominously faster, but it's hard to believe that 2015 is going to be a truck. Not as fast as Mercedes? Sure, nobody will be.
It's from here: http://thejudge13.com/#The%20engine%20F ... Propaganda

Xwang

I'm wondering if the car dynamical behaviour which Raikkonen and Vettel require are more similar with respect to what has happened in the last 5 years with Alonso's demands quite different from his team mates ones.
Is it so?
Do both Raikkonen and Vettel require a precise front axle?

Sevach

Thunders wrote:It is rumoured that Renault and Ferrari are not even able to use all their 32 Tokens until February 28th. So the limiting Factor is Time, not Tokens. Finding out what the Problem is and making new Concepts takes Time. AMuS claims that Ferrari started their 2015 PU Project in July, Renault in August.

Here is the Article:
I find that very hard to believe given that Ferrari called for 48% (48% = 32 tokens btw) now and 20% change during the season(it's unclear if Renault wants anything different from that, but it's believed they support this idea).
Mercedes on the other hand suggested a "compromise" with 40% now and 8% during the season, which was met with scorn by the other 2.

PlatinumZealot

Xwang wrote:I'm wondering if the car dynamical behaviour which Raikkonen and Vettel require are more similar with respect to what has happened in the last 5 years with Alonso's demands quite different from his team mates ones.
Is it so?
Do both Raikkonen and Vettel require a precise front axle?
Vettel has been complaining about the rear in 2014. It is quite strange because the RedBulls are known to have high rear grip with a predictable behavior. Maybe he is so used to it, he cannot feel confident without the rear being predictable. Kimi on the other hand cannot feel confident without a precise front end. He performed very bad when the tyres begun to grain. Overall the two have similar balance preferences, they both prefer a slightly nose heavy car, but the key differentiators is that one prefers a predictable front and the other a predictable rear. These two are going to be total opposites of the tyre life spectrum. Vettel fast at the beginning of stints and kimi fast at the end.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏