Manor MNR1 - Ferrari (aka 2015 Marussia)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

trinidefender

Re: Manor MNR1 - Ferrari (aka 2015 Marussia)

I still can't tell properly. Are my eyes deceiving me or am I seeing a vertical lip running along the mid to rear portion of the floor edge. Can anybody conform or deny this?

aral

trinidefender wrote:I still can't tell properly. Are my eyes deceiving me or am I seeing a vertical lip running along the mid to rear portion of the floor edge. Can anybody conform or deny this?
no. its just that there are two colours of tape there. an inner strip of tape is light silver and the outer edge is a darker colour. check the other side of the car.

imightbewrong

for backup i created an imgur album of the full res images:
http://imgur.com/a/kfEp1

DisgruntledMarussian

Ive noticed that there auction lots for Marussia have gone "live" now in preparation for the live auction next week at this website.

http://auctionhq.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/91/

In lot 417 there are quite a few detailed and interesting pictures of the model now the spine has been stripped away that you may find of interest. Im not sure how to post links to photos, but here's a link to the lot.

http://auctionhq.net/view-auctions/cata ... 3Fpage%3D5

*EDIT I figured out how to post pictures with a little research, notice the the Y ducting from the roll hoop for the rhombus shaped heat exchangers.
Last edited by DisgruntledMarussian on 16 Dec 2014, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

techF1LES

Wonder what happened to MR03 and all of the newer parts and pieces.

aleks_ader

DisgruntledMarussian wrote:Ive noticed that there auction lots for Marussia have gone "live" now in preparation for the live auction next week at this website.

http://auctionhq.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/91/

In lot 417 there are quite a few detailed and interesting pictures of the model now the spine has been stripped away that you may find of interest. Im not sure how to post links to photos, but here's a link to the lot.

http://auctionhq.net/view-auctions/cata ... 3Fpage%3D5
Hi!

1. Could you explain its MR03 on action also? Or has FIA "locked" this items (also already quested from user @F1techfiles)?
2. Does Gene Haas (presumably in 2016 new team on the grid) shows any interest to hire any of your former employees, facility?

Anyway good luck in further career i believe F1Tfromum appreciate that. We tech&nerd miss this sort of "discrete" honesty from the team members.

THX!
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

DisgruntledMarussian

techF1LES wrote:Wonder what happened to MR03 and all of the newer parts and pieces.
They are to auctioned off in a second phase in the new year.

jericho

Is anyone here going to bid on something??

Should be fun to have a piece of the Marussia F1 car, or even team gear!

Facts Only

jericho wrote:Is anyone here going to bid on something??

Should be fun to have a piece of the Marussia F1 car, or even team gear!
I'm signed up and watching now, a lot of it is going for silly money though, Lot 2, front wing and nose assembly went for £15k! The first half of the auction is mainly stuff for the bobble-hatters though, workshop items are mainly going in the second half.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

turbof1

The logic is also absent there. Front wings without upper flaps got sold for a higher price then the one from the same year with upper flaps. Simply insane.
#AeroFrodo

Blackout

DisgruntledMarussian wrote: *EDIT I figured out how to post pictures with a little research, notice the the Y ducting from the roll hoop for the rhombus shaped heat exchangers.
Where are they? : )
And am I seeing a Ferrari 'V' intercooler and some parts of the 2014 turbo air-box in these pics?
Why do this car have 2014 internals? wont Ferrari adopt a split turbo PU in 2015?
Why do this wind tunnel model have those kind of internals at all?

Airbox (air filter area) and intercooler
Last edited by Blackout on 16 Dec 2014, 15:35, edited 3 times in total.

Facts Only

turbof1 wrote:The logic is also absent there. Front wings without upper flaps got sold for a higher price then the one from the same year with upper flaps. Simply insane.
Lot 9 and 10, yes I saw that, madness. I was going to bid on those two for use on a car I'm building thinking that incomplete unpainted wings would fetch less.... I think people started to panic bid thinking they wouldn't get one.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

oT v1

just watching the polo's go for 300 is pretty cool, are there any more big ones coming up soon?

EDIT: i'm guessing 217/218 might fetch a bit
The Power of Dreams