Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

Moose wrote:
turbof1 wrote:I find the notion that it upset the night officers very wrong. Wonder how that conversation went. Horner: "where you able to chase them?" Officer: "No man, it was horrible! They came with that car, glass everywhere. I was shocked. I need to make an appointment with my psychiatrist because I'm so traumatised."

Maybe red bull needs to look for better officers who don't get upset about the risks they signed for.

Also take note of the RBR close to the cracked glass. A small carbon fibre piece already is more worth then all those trophies. Night Officers who get upset about something they signed to prevent, and burglars unable to notice what's valuable and what not. Yeah... .
Alternatively, the conversation could easily have gone like this:
Horner: "Were you able to chase them?"
Officer: "Yes, we initially had them cornered, but two of them were carrying shotguns, and pointed them at Barry and Jim. The others were carrying knives. We had no choice but to back off until the police could get there."

You don't know all the facts, stop assuming that the Security guards were just cowards.
You are right I don't. What I do know is that I never came across a burglary news item where use of weaponry isn't reported in the news item. I think if they were threatened by guns, the word use would be different then "unsettling". Let's not make a fantasy out of it either; something like weapon use always gets reported. There's no single reference to that, just a car ramming through the window, which would be the "unsettling" part.

If they got hit by the car, or flying glass, then yes I made wrong assumptions. That seems much more feasible.
#AeroFrodo

Jonnycraig

It's all gotten a bit strange in here.

The security at the factory are rent-a-cop. Their usual night shift would entail doing the rounds, having a few coffees and maybe a quick chat with the cleaner about X Factor.

It's not exactly surprising that one or two security men suddenly faced with a 4x4 crashing through the front door containing several thieves were 'upset' when they have nothing more than a 'Walkie talkie' and a mobile phone to act with. They will have contacted the authorities immediately and then almost certainly retreated to a safe distance.

MOWOG

Have they sent someone to look in Vettel's locker in Maranello? #-o
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Emerson.F

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

mikeerfol

This should go to the Caption Competition thread :lol:

Manoah2u

with a face as suspicious like that, it doesn't need a caption :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

djos

Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

Do British Private security guards carry guns?

Even in Australia they would have likely been armed against this sort of thing.
"In downforce we trust"

Raleigh

Private security in the UK aren't allowed to carry guns or tazers, so at most they've got nightsticks and pepper spray. And its 2 of them vs 6 intruders.
Last edited by Raleigh on 07 Dec 2014, 01:03, edited 2 times in total.

djos

Raleigh wrote:Private security in the UK aren't allowed to carry guns or tazers, so at most they've got nightsticks and pepper spray. And its 2 of them vs 6 intruders.
No wonder the guards couldn't do anything!
"In downforce we trust"

Manoah2u

so....why have guards then anyway?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Moose

djos wrote:
Raleigh wrote:Private security in the UK aren't allowed to carry guns or tazers, so at most they've got nightsticks and pepper spray. And its 2 of them vs 6 intruders.
No wonder the guards couldn't do anything!
They aren't actually allowed to carry nightsticks either - that would be an offensive weapon. However, there's a reason that big 6 D-cell mag-lite torches are popular.
Manoah2u wrote:so....why have guards then anyway?
They're less guards, and more night watchmen. Their job is mostly to make sure that everything goes smoothly (that pipes don't burst, that the electricity doesn't go out, that the building doesn't burn down etc). When they actually get confronted with violent robbers their job is to call the cops, and observe.

spinmastermic

It was Webber, he wanted the Malaysian winners trophie. The masked men when heard shouting "multi 21 seb, multi 21".

SectorOne

I´m guessing it was Jonnycraig, Juzh, mnmracer all driving around in a car discussing the past success with Red Bull then getting into a heated argument and felt the trophies was more theirs then Red Bull´s because of the blood sweat and tears(lots of those recently) they put into rooting for the team.

Juzh is simply trying to divert attention away from himself :D
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

10/10
+1
:mrgreen:

mikeerfol

Juzh wrote:10/10
+1
:mrgreen:
So you confirm you did it? I just printscrinted it for proof! :P :P