Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

SectorOne wrote:I´m guessing it was Jonnycraig, Juzh, mnmracer all driving around in a car discussing the past success with Red Bull then getting into a heated argument and felt the trophies was more theirs then Red Bull´s because of the blood sweat and tears(lots of those recently) they put into rooting for the team.

Juzh is simply trying to divert attention away from himself :D
you sir just won the internet :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Pierce89

SectorOne wrote:I´m guessing it was Jonnycraig, Juzh, mnmracer all driving around in a car discussing the past success with Red Bull then getting into a heated argument and felt the trophies was more theirs then Red Bull´s because of the blood sweat and tears(lots of those recently) they put into rooting for the team.

Mnmracer stole them but not for himself. He felt Vettel singlehandedly earned them all and he decided they should go to their rightful owner. So, he did the only logical thing... drive a car through the front of the building and take "Vettel's" trophies "home".
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Miguel

djos wrote:Do British Private security guards carry guns?

Even in Australia they would have likely been armed against this sort of thing.
Tsk, tsk, policemen in the UK don't carry firearms except if the mission requires it (this doesn't include street patrol, AFAIK) or if they're given a special dispensation (high alert or, say, olympic games). Don't expect anybody else to be allowed weapons either.

Mind you, if you walk along Kensington Palace Gardens (next to Kensington palace, and could be called embassy street), you'll routinely see the other end of the spectrum, where policemen walk in trios and carry semiautomatic rifles.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

djos

Miguel wrote: Tsk, tsk, policemen in the UK don't carry firearms except if the mission requires it (this doesn't include street patrol, AFAIK) or if they're given a special dispensation (high alert or, say, olympic games). Don't expect anybody else to be allowed weapons either.
Wow, sounds like a criminals paradise - firearms are heavily restricted in Aus too but our cop's still carry semi-automatic handguns - as do any high security private guards like those working with ATM's and other prime targets for thieves.
"In downforce we trust"

Richard

Oh dear Red Bull, have you not heard of bollards?

Or a lake might be more attractive:

Cold Fussion

djos wrote:
Miguel wrote: Tsk, tsk, policemen in the UK don't carry firearms except if the mission requires it (this doesn't include street patrol, AFAIK) or if they're given a special dispensation (high alert or, say, olympic games). Don't expect anybody else to be allowed weapons either.
Wow, sounds like a criminals paradise - firearms are heavily restricted in Aus too but our cop's still carry semi-automatic handguns - as do any high security private guards like those working with ATM's and other prime targets for thieves.
How many people do the British police kill out of negligence compared to Australian police?

Juzh

mikeerfol wrote:
Juzh wrote:10/10
+1
:mrgreen:
So you confirm you did it? I just printscrinted it for proof! :P :P
Nah, i put all blame squarely on mnm's shoulders :lol:
Cold Fussion wrote:
djos wrote:
How many people do the British police kill out of negligence compared to Australian police?
Similar situation in Slovenia as in Australia and I can' recall any uncalled for police killings ever. Seriously.

turbof1

Pierce89 wrote:

Mnmracer stole them but not for himself. He felt Vettel singlehandedly earned them all and he decided they should go to their rightful owner. So, he did the only logical thing... drive a car through the front of the building and take "Vettel's" trophies "home".
He hasn't come by and said you were lying, that is very worrying :lol: .
#AeroFrodo

Jonnycraig

Annoyingly I ordered a Monaco winners trophy and got a Valencia third place. :(

djos

Juzh wrote:
Similar situation in Slovenia as in Australia and I can' recall any uncalled for police killings ever. Seriously.
Police killing ppl in Aus is incredibly rare too.
"In downforce we trust"

Richard

Firearm ownership is relatively restricted in the UK and the police don't routinely carry guns (but they do carry tazers).

The police usually put up the strongest argument against being armed. Firstly they have access to guns when needed, secondly arming the police would prompt more criminals to carry guns which would lead to an escalation in violence.
wiki wrote:Surveys by the Police Federation of England and Wales have continued to show police officers' considerable resistance to routine arming. In the Federation's most recent (2006) Officer/Arming survey, 82% of respondents were against the routine arming of police, although 43% supported an increase in the number of officers trained and authorised to use firearms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_use ... ed_Kingdom

Just_a_fan

djos wrote:
With all of those crimes against the apostrophe, I'm not surprised guns are required! :lol:

On a serious note, gun crime isn't huge in the UK. It does happen, of course, but not to the level one might expect with an unarmed police force. There are regular calls for the police to be routinely armed but the majority of police actually don't want to be armed.

Guns are quite heavily controlled here and almost all gun crime is carried out with a small number of illegal weapons - usually handguns which are basically illegal in the UK. Sadly for the legal users of firearms, the occasional nut-job goes off the rails with his legally-held shotgun and/or rifle. Every time this happens there are calls for stricter controls or even total bans. So far this hasn't happened.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

djos

Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

The only firearms you can legally own here in Aus are bolt action rifles or non-automatic shotguns for hunting, pretty much everything else is illegal unless you are a high level Security guard, police Man or professional licensed pest controller (they can have semi-automatic rifles).

Even ex army folk aren't allowed to keep their assault rifles etc.

There are exceptions for target shooters hand guns etc but that requires additional licencing and a probationary period of about 12 months
"In downforce we trust"

Just_a_fan

UK is similar. Shotguns and rifles are allowed. Shotguns easier to get a license for than rifles. Hand guns are basically illegal (except for muzzle loading pistols (really!)). Semi- and fully-automatic weapons are illegal (semi-auto shotguns are allowed but there are limits and some are classed the same as rifles for licensing purposes).
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

adrianjordan

Have to say that I work for the ambulance service here in the UK and the other day we were called to backup the police on a firearms incident. There were L-O-T-S of firearms officers there and it reassured me that if we ever DID need armed police then they would be there very quickly and in what can only be described as overwhelming numbers.

But I am glad we keep our traditional unarmed "bobby on the beat"..!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️